• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

SCF Game 5 GDT

Rate this topic

The Wings looked tired and hurt by game 6 and 7 last year. Game 5 was our last gasp.

I don't think the Hawks look tired and jaded. They're on a mission to win the Cup and it'll take some amazing effort by the Flyers in game 7 to pull it off. Or maybe Leighton will have to stand on his freaking head in game 7.

I do think they'll win game 6, though.

Well ... that's the thing. If you get to game 7, then who the hell knows? I mean, Maxime Talbot? A random Brad Stuart turnover? Big Rig off the crossbar? Lidstrom robbed at the horn?

I mean, game 7s are a total crap shoot, one bounce here or there ...

Hopefully, simply for the sake of hockey and its fans, this goes the distance.

That is SO cool that he made it! We just got back from a trip and I saw snippets of the games and I thought about him. And I thought about how ecstatic I was when the Wings won in '97. There is absolutely no feeling in the world like the one when YOUR team wins it all - especially after a long time. So screw it. I don't love the Flyers that much and I don't hate the Hawks that much, so what the hell.

Here's to him and a Cup for his team.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Even though this wasn't the Cup-clinching game, he was still excited to get to go anyway. Living here in NC, he doesn't get a chance to see the Hawks live as often as he'd like. So when the opportunity arose, he took it. Of course he had to call me earlier before the game from my all-time favorite restaurant and detail for me all the things he and his buddies were eating. <_<:lol: