• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Brad Winchester

Rate this topic

Another thread about the possible gritty 4th liner Holland will sign brought to you by Newfy :cool:

Brad Winchester is a pretty physical player, hits and fights and has HUGE SIZE at 6'5. We could finally have a player that plays with their size. He didn't have a strong season last year so I doubt he would be looking at much of a raise from his $800 000 last year.

He fights enough to be considered a tough guy I would say, he had 10 last year and consistently has about that many fights. He has fought some pretty tough players as well. (Brad May this season)

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/53052

Every game I've seen him play against Detroit I've found him to be a pretty big pain in the ass and is definitely not scared to mix it up or throw his weight around.

He had a bad season last year(like most of the blues) but the year before that he had 13 goals so he can chip in from the 4th line. Could end up sort of like Eaves and get back on track here in Detroit. I was reading some blues forums and the general consensus is that he won't be back with them next season. He's from our division and may not wanna move far away, this gives Detroit an advantage. I can see him at least getting invited to camp if nothing else.

What do you guys think?

I think he'd fit in pretty well. The year he scored the 13 goals he had a good chunk of PP time, playing a Homer-esque role in front of the net. So he could help out there when Homer is inevitably out. Of course, that would require him to healthy himself; a concern since he's never played more than 64 games.

But all in all, a decent option.

I'd love to have a guy like that here.

He's shown scoring touch in the past, and I can't remember the last time we had a 6'5 forward. He can punish a lot of defenders with his body. And of course, he's a pretty good fighter.

But of course, there's some dumb asses on LGW who don't want that because they're smarter than Holland, who wants a gritty forward.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I just wanna add that he averaged over 2 minutes of PK time per game last season, 108 PIMS(not bad) 10 of which were majors so he wasn't really hurting the team, he scored 5 PP goals in his 13 goal season, and wont likely be resigned by St Louis. The season he scored 13 goals he had over 10 minutes toi per game and 9 last year which is pretty good for a pretty tough guy. He played over a minute per game on the PP as well so he can be a valuable player.

Edited by newfy

I would be happy with Winchester. He wouldn't be my top choice, but I wouldn't complain if the Wings picked him up. The more I think about us getting a gritty 4th liner, the more I want the Wings to pursue Boll (or another RFA). It seems that at least one of Miller or Meech won't be retained and maybe we could swap rights with CBJ. I'm not sure if this type of deal happens often (or can happen) but it sounds enticing to me.

I would be happy with Winchester. He wouldn't be my top choice, but I wouldn't complain if the Wings picked him up. The more I think about us getting a gritty 4th liner, the more I want the Wings to pursue Boll (or another RFA). It seems that at least one of Miller or Meech won't be retained and maybe we could swap rights with CBJ. I'm not sure if this type of deal happens often (or can happen) but it sounds enticing to me.

I'm pretty sure youre allowed to trade players rights for players rights but I wonder if Boll is on the outs in COlumbus or if they wanna keep him?

I'm pretty sure youre allowed to trade players rights for players rights but I wonder if Boll is on the outs in COlumbus or if they wanna keep him?

I read on the internet (not sure if there was an official source) that he was being shopped before the deadline this year. I'm not sure what his current status is with CBJ though.

At least with Winchester, you know he'd be injured a lot so it wouldn't be hard to find Kindl/Ericsson playing time.

Winchester plays forward bro

I read on the internet (not sure if there was an official source) that he was being shopped before the deadline this year. I'm not sure what his current status is with CBJ though.

He is the new era enforcer type, I would like him here for sure

Winchester plays forward bro

Bro, I meant it in the sense Babs would be able to dress 7 D-Men like he has done before and since Kindl is excellent on the PP, he has shown he doesn't mind dressing 7 D-Men if one if a decent PP QB.

Ive always liked him so that would be a cool move for sure.

My perfect off season involves everything they've done so far (not regarding cap - although I'm not dis-pleased about that either) and adding one of Asham, Nystrom or Winchester and Johnny Boychuk...

I would still be very happy though if all we did extra from what we've already done, is just re-sign Lilja and another 4th line sand paper guy...

In light of St. Louis not bringing back quite a few players including this guy. With the cap increase he is now more than ever got to be on the radar screen for Kenny and Nill. But who knows man I am just bored and want some hockey to come back! dry.gif

In light of St. Louis not bringing back quite a few players including this guy. With the cap increase he is now more than ever got to be on the radar screen for Kenny and Nill. But who knows man I am just bored and want some hockey to come back! dry.gif

The more I think about it, the higher his stock rises in my mind... right now, the only 2 I would rather see here are Arron Asham and Eric Nystrom and even Nystrom is pretty much even with Winchester at this point... I think he'd be a great addition to the team...