• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

In honor of Vladdy

Rate this topic

I miss him too, he was a great player. I remember how angry I was when I found out about that stupid limo driver, still am because he's probably out there doing whatever he wants and Vladdy is not the person he was back then.

I get emotional every time they show him at a game, it's so good to see how well he is doing.

My avatar since I joined the site pretty much says it all. His hip checks were awesome and he was a beast. Always been one of my favorite D men and I even named my truck after him.

Great clip, thanks for the awesome thread.

:clap:

Cheers Vladdy!

Won't ever forget this day... I was12 years old and thinking that they all died, including Stevie Y. The details were so sketchy when it first happened. We were just heart broken to see Vladinator reduced to this, but winning the following year was probably my favorite Cup just because of Vladi getting to hoist right after Stevie. We love you Vladi and Sergei M.

Forever Red Wings. thumbup.gif

yeah, i remember that day too and i was the same age i think. that was the worst s*** ever.

imagine this...:

lidstrom - konstatinov

fischer - chelios

kronwall - stuart

that's nuts!

I hope to GOD that god damn tree was cut down !!!!

It wasn't cut down, but it's gone - a couple of years after the accident it was struck by lightning and what was left of it was removed. I used to drive through that intersection every day on my way to and from work and I remember the eerie feeling I'd get seeing that tree. I was never so glad to see a tree hit by lightning!

Just wish we could've seen Vladdy smash poor Cindy at center ice.

Oh man... It would have been ugly. At the height of Eric Lindros' career... he was afraid of Vladdy. I remember interviews with Lindros where he would describe Vladdy as a "red blur in the neutral zone". The guy had enough skill to be a seamless cog in the Russian 5 and was a freak of nature throwback. He was one of a kind and his likes may never again be seen in the NHL.

Pound for Pound there is, was and will never be another Vladdy. Period. Kronwall hits like a girl compared to Vladdy. And that's a compliment to Kronwall, I am sure he'd accept it. I would hate to see the "NEW" NHL officiating pick him apart, because you know they would!

This.

He would get reputation calls like Holmstrom. Guaranteed.

Edited by Broken 16

absolutely guaranteed.

Vladdy, Fischer, and Grigs all never having their accidents? Would be nice.

Just an FYI to those making "what would our defense look like" combinations...

Krupp, Hatcher, and Chelios would never have been acquired. Likely not Stuart either. Rafalski replaced Murphy, who replaced Fetisov.

So our defense might be...

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Konstantinov/Fischer

Kronwall/???

That 6th spot might be Anders Eriksson, it might be Jonathan Ericsson, it might be Kyle Quincey or Derek Meech.

Pound for Pound there is, was and will never be another Vladdy. Period. Kronwall hits like a girl compared to Vladdy. And that's a compliment to Kronwall, I am sure he'd accept it. I would hate to see the "NEW" NHL officiating pick him apart, because you know they would!

In general Vladdy's hits were cleaner and more devastating than Kronwall's. He was seriously old school. Skates on the ice, no jumping up into hits. And perfect hip checks.

But I'm sure they'd find a reason to penalize somehow.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Loss of words then.

Loss of words today.

THIS ^ and more tears. I believe he may be even more of a warrior now, with what he's had to do to come back to where he is. God love him and I'm sure She does. :)

EDIT: OK, so I lied about a loss of words. ;)

Edited by Vladifan

I hate to say this but I loved the physicality of the clutch and grab era. Today's players aren't warriors, they are wimps in comparison. I enjoyed the devastating hits of Vladdy and Scott Stevens. I enjoyed the fury of fists from Kocur and Probert. I miss that kind of hockey. Vladdy was a throwback. He was a player who could have not only survived but thrived in Gordie's heyday.

In general Vladdy's hits were cleaner and more devastating than Kronwall's. He was seriously old school. Skates on the ice, no jumping up into hits. And perfect hip checks.

But I'm sure they'd find a reason to penalize somehow.

He didn't need to jump up into hits, Kronwall makes due with what he has, Vladdy was a big man, he definitely could throw the hip better than any other big-man

I hate to say this but I loved the physicality of the clutch and grab era. Today's players aren't warriors, they are wimps in comparison. I enjoyed the devastating hits of Vladdy and Scott Stevens. I enjoyed the fury of fists from Kocur and Probert. I miss that kind of hockey. Vladdy was a throwback. He was a player who could have not only survived but thrived in Gordie's heyday.

I definitely miss the Probert and Kocur days, but to be clear, that definitely wasn't the clutch and grab era.

He didn't need to jump up into hits, Kronwall makes due with what he has, Vladdy was a big man, he definitely could throw the hip better than any other big-man

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vladdy was all of 5'11"/180 & Kronner is 6'0"/190. Wouldn't call either one a big man by any stretch of the imagination.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vladdy was all of 5'11"/180 & Kronner is 6'0"/190. Wouldn't call either one a big man by any stretch of the imagination.

Yep. He played a whole lot bigger than his size but he really wasn't all that big.

If the Wings had a Vladdy today he would probably be the majority's favorite and would like win FSN Player of the game nearly every night.