• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

Pound for Pound there is, was and will never be another Vladdy. Period. Kronwall hits like a girl compared to Vladdy. And that's a compliment to Kronwall, I am sure he'd accept it. I would hate to see the "NEW" NHL officiating pick him apart, because you know they would!

In general Vladdy's hits were cleaner and more devastating than Kronwall's. He was seriously old school. Skates on the ice, no jumping up into hits. And perfect hip checks.

But I'm sure they'd find a reason to penalize somehow.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 09 June 2010 - 10:02 AM.

#42 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

Loss of words then.

Loss of words today.

THIS ^ and more tears. I believe he may be even more of a warrior now, with what he's had to do to come back to where he is. God love him and I'm sure She does. :)

EDIT: OK, so I lied about a loss of words. ;)

Edited by Vladifan, 09 June 2010 - 10:43 AM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#43 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

Like poetry...
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#44 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

this thread brings back so many wonderful memories. and only reinforces my sig...
"RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!!"
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#45 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

I hate to say this but I loved the physicality of the clutch and grab era. Today's players aren't warriors, they are wimps in comparison. I enjoyed the devastating hits of Vladdy and Scott Stevens. I enjoyed the fury of fists from Kocur and Probert. I miss that kind of hockey. Vladdy was a throwback. He was a player who could have not only survived but thrived in Gordie's heyday.

#46 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

In general Vladdy's hits were cleaner and more devastating than Kronwall's. He was seriously old school. Skates on the ice, no jumping up into hits. And perfect hip checks.

But I'm sure they'd find a reason to penalize somehow.

He didn't need to jump up into hits, Kronwall makes due with what he has, Vladdy was a big man, he definitely could throw the hip better than any other big-man
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#47 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

I hate to say this but I loved the physicality of the clutch and grab era. Today's players aren't warriors, they are wimps in comparison. I enjoyed the devastating hits of Vladdy and Scott Stevens. I enjoyed the fury of fists from Kocur and Probert. I miss that kind of hockey. Vladdy was a throwback. He was a player who could have not only survived but thrived in Gordie's heyday.

I definitely miss the Probert and Kocur days, but to be clear, that definitely wasn't the clutch and grab era.

#48 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

#49 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

Posted Image

Amazing find Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#50 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

He didn't need to jump up into hits, Kronwall makes due with what he has, Vladdy was a big man, he definitely could throw the hip better than any other big-man

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vladdy was all of 5'11"/180 & Kronner is 6'0"/190. Wouldn't call either one a big man by any stretch of the imagination.

#51 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vladdy was all of 5'11"/180 & Kronner is 6'0"/190. Wouldn't call either one a big man by any stretch of the imagination.

Yep. He played a whole lot bigger than his size but he really wasn't all that big.

If the Wings had a Vladdy today he would probably be the majority's favorite and would like win FSN Player of the game nearly every night.

#52 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image

Wow, look how young Nick looks! Both of them, really! What an awesome photo. :)

Regarding that video above - Vlady just laid out Lemeiux and continued skating like he was simply on a Sunday stroll after church!! Wow! I really miss seeing that. Again, it makes me wonder what might have been.
Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#53 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

I hope to GOD that god damn tree was cut down !!!!

If that tree wasn't there the limo probably would have smashed into a car moving in the opposite direction.

So in a way that tree may have saved lives.

Posted Image