• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Adam Mair

Rate this topic

Wow what do you know.. Newfy made another one of these threads, surprising right?

Okay I think this is the last one(we'll see) but here is another pretty good option for our gritty 4th line type guy. He's definitely not my first choice but he isn't an awful choice either.

I think the biggest thing to look at here is the ice time. He can consistently put in 10 minutes a night without being a huge liability as well as put up 20 points roughly a season. He is definitely a tougher player, he had 13 fights one season but that number was down to 3 last year and 5 the year before. He's 31 which isn't too old and still play 9 or 10 minutes a night. He has very similar size to Abdelkader.

He doesn't fight as much anymore but will step in for his team and definitely defend himself. He is very similar to Dallas Drake. Check this fight out.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/52186

or this one which shows he can hit pretty good and will answer the bell.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/92405

What do you guys think?

Wow what do you know.. Newfy made another one of these threads, surprising right?

Okay I think this is the last one(we'll see) but here is another pretty good option for our gritty 4th line type guy. He's definitely not my first choice but he isn't an awful choice either.

I think the biggest thing to look at here is the ice time. He can consistently put in 10 minutes a night without being a huge liability as well as put up 20 points roughly a season. He is definitely a tougher player, he had 13 fights one season but that number was down to 3 last year and 5 the year before. He's 31 which isn't too old and still play 9 or 10 minutes a night. He has very similar size to Abdelkader.

He doesn't fight as much anymore but will step in for his team and definitely defend himself. He is very similar to Dallas Drake. Check this fight out.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/52186

or this one which shows he can hit pretty good and will answer the bell.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/92405

What do you guys think?

3rd person reference alert...... And I agree..

Edited by babygorilla

We probably have a better chance of getting him than some of the other names people have been throwing around.

Namely because he's older, and doesn't fight that much anymore. Buffalo may think he's expendable, whereas guys like Clarkson or Nystrom are more likely to be re-signed, or to have multiple teams pursuing them.

Mair would not be the guy I'd be looking for to join us. There's better options out there, even though I think it'll be harder to land those other options.

We probably have a better chance of getting him than some of the other names people have been throwing around.

Namely because he's older, and doesn't fight that much anymore. Buffalo may think he's expendable, whereas guys like Clarkson or Nystrom are more likely to be re-signed, or to have multiple teams pursuing them.

Mair would not be the guy I'd be looking for to join us. There's better options out there, even though I think it'll be harder to land those other options.

I was thinking I don't want Mair to until I started looking at some of his fights and point totals. Mair can actually fight pretty good and puts up around 20 points. I'm not sure why he barely fights anymore however.

Still not my first choice but I wouldn't be upset about signing him for a year or 2 either(until callahan can come in <_< )

I was thinking I don't want Mair to until I started looking at some of his fights and point totals. Mair can actually fight pretty good and puts up around 20 points. I'm not sure why he barely fights anymore however.

Still not my first choice but I wouldn't be upset about signing him for a year or 2 either(until callahan can come in <_< )

He's had bad concussion issues from a few years back, and that precludes him from being the fighter he was before the lockout.

A gritty forward who can fight well?

/agree. We certainly do not have that right now.

We really have no fighters. Mair isn't much of a fighter anymore though.

Few concusions takes the fight out of you, speaking from experience myself.

Edited by Joseph Franks

I think the only thing that would put Mair ahead of others mentioned is that he can play center if needed. Other than that, guys like Nystrom and Winchester are superior in age, hitting, blocking, etc. He's pretty close to Asham in terms of numbers, though.

Don't get me wrong, I'd likely take him if one of those three weren't available.