• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

Who would be your choice if the Wings had to sign one of them?

EDIT: Salary is not an issue.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty, 08 June 2010 - 12:40 AM.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Jimmy Howard

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#2 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

danny carcillo in a heartbeat he brings swagger

#3 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:45 AM

The best one. I don't care about names. There's a lot of players around the league who rub me wrong and I can't stand -- if we had to have one of them, I'd want the one that kills us the most and makes us look bad.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

I said Carcillo. Although I would take Pronger in a heartbeat.

The reason I picked DC was because he is still young, can put away 10+ goals for you and is a great agitator, but more importantly will play 70+ games a season for you while the other two forwards won't.

I would have taken Pronger in this poll, except his age hinders him here and we could use the cap space. If Lidstrom announced his retirement last week, i would have said Pronger because he still plays good defense and will pot 10 goals and 50 points for you.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:59 AM

Pronger or Avery

Posted Image

#6 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

pronger is such a motherf***er...i had to.

#7 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

I picked Pronger. You think everyone hates the Red Wings now?
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#8 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:40 AM

Pronger. I would take Carcillo too. A couple of years ago I would have loved Tootoo too, his game has dropped though. Avery (who was a Wing) can get bent:)
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#9 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:17 AM

Pronger for sure.

Posted Image

Looks alright... :ph34r:

Edited by crotty99, 08 June 2010 - 04:21 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#10 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

I picked Summer's Eve. It reminds me of a warm tropical rain.

#11 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

Salary not an issue? Who wouldn't sign Pronger then?
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#12 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

Is this just a thread to make us all puke all over our keyboards at the thought of any of these d-bags in the Winged Wheel (or BACK in the Winged Wheel in Avery's case)?!?

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,783 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

Is this just a thread to make us all puke all over our keyboards at the thought of any of these d-bags in the Winged Wheel (or BACK in the Winged Wheel in Avery's case)?!?

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 08 June 2010 - 08:31 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#14 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:40 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

I never had the hatred for Bertuzzi that everyone else did... the Chelios one however, is an example that has a lot of merit behind it... I still don't think I ever loathed Chelios as much as I hate Pronger or Tootoo though and Carcillo is just such a ******... I understand your point, it just makes me sick to think of...

"They're hated... until they're on your team"

Here's another great one, although in another sport:
Posted Image

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#15 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

In a cap free dream land, you wouldn't take pronger if he were available?

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#16 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:47 AM

In a cap free dream land, you wouldn't take pronger if he were available?

I didn't say that he wasn't still a great player or that he wouldn't make any team better, I said that the thought of it makes me sick... you're also forgetting the dream land where the locker room wouldn't be divided by his arrival... so, ok, magic dream world where cap doesn't exist and all the horrible classless plays (multiple incidents against Holmstrom, eye gouge against Cleary, two hander on Filppula's wrist, etc...) could just be forgotten... ok...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#17 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

I had to pick Avery, and here's why:

Pronger today is still an above average defenseman, but he is not as dominant as he once was, so the gag factor would not be outweighed by his contribution.

Carcillo is too much of a loose cannon, his value of being an agitator and grinder would be wasted by spending too much time in the box, not exactly Red Wings style of hockey.

Tootoo doesn't really have enough upside in any category, offensive, defensive, fighting, etc. to make me want him on this team.

Avery, on the other hand, has shown that he has some offensive touch, and everything he does to agitate is cool and calculated, he rarely takes "stupid" penalties unlike the other forwards in the poll, and plus, aside from the off-ice comments, he reminds me a lot of how I played the game, always trying to get in the opponents head.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#18 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

Pretty much. It's like the "would you rather be blind or deaf?" Well, neither, but if I have to pick one...

Another one I thought of was would you rather re-sign Homer for 5 years at $5 million per year or trade Datsyuk to BOS for the #2 pick?

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Jimmy Howard

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#19 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:01 AM

Pretty much. It's like the "would you rather be blind or deaf?" Well, neither, but if I have to pick one...

Another one I thought of was would you rather re-sign Homer for 5 years at $5 million per year or trade Datsyuk to BOS for the #2 pick?

You're a sick, sick man, you know that?

:lol:

I had to pick Avery, and here's why:

Pronger today is still an above average defenseman, but he is not as dominant as he once was, so the gag factor would not be outweighed by his contribution.

Carcillo is too much of a loose cannon, his value of being an agitator and grinder would be wasted by spending too much time in the box, not exactly Red Wings style of hockey.

Tootoo doesn't really have enough upside in any category, offensive, defensive, fighting, etc. to make me want him on this team.

Avery, on the other hand, has shown that he has some offensive touch, and everything he does to agitate is cool and calculated, he rarely takes "stupid" penalties unlike the other forwards in the poll, and plus, aside from the off-ice comments, he reminds me a lot of how I played the game, always trying to get in the opponents head.

did you just openly admit to being a d-bag? :ph34r:

just giving you a hard time :)

I actually chose Avery out of that list too, because he was pretty well behaved when he was here the first time and I actually think the structure would be good for him again... ONLY if we HAD to though... let me just clarify there, I do not want him back here.

Edited by stevkrause, 08 June 2010 - 09:31 AM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#20 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

Pronger. He's a ******, but still a hell of a defenseman.

Carcillo takes way too many bad penalties.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png