• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Pick-A-Douche

Rate this topic

If the Wings HAD to sign one, who would you want?  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best one. I don't care about names. There's a lot of players around the league who rub me wrong and I can't stand -- if we had to have one of them, I'd want the one that kills us the most and makes us look bad.

I said Carcillo. Although I would take Pronger in a heartbeat.

The reason I picked DC was because he is still young, can put away 10+ goals for you and is a great agitator, but more importantly will play 70+ games a season for you while the other two forwards won't.

I would have taken Pronger in this poll, except his age hinders him here and we could use the cap space. If Lidstrom announced his retirement last week, i would have said Pronger because he still plays good defense and will pot 10 goals and 50 points for you.

Guest micah

Pronger. I would take Carcillo too. A couple of years ago I would have loved Tootoo too, his game has dropped though. Avery (who was a Wing) can get bent:)

Chris%20Chelios%20Blackhawks.jpgbertuzzi.jpg

I never had the hatred for Bertuzzi that everyone else did... the Chelios one however, is an example that has a lot of merit behind it... I still don't think I ever loathed Chelios as much as I hate Pronger or Tootoo though and Carcillo is just such a ******... I understand your point, it just makes me sick to think of...

"They're hated... until they're on your team"

Here's another great one, although in another sport:

5484.jpg?x=106&y=138&xc=1&yc=1&wc=165&hc=215&q=100&sig=N97oE22vtBOrz9Nmq.EhBg--

Is this just a thread to make us all puke all over our keyboards at the thought of any of these d-bags in the Winged Wheel (or BACK in the Winged Wheel in Avery's case)?!?

In a cap free dream land, you wouldn't take pronger if he were available?

In a cap free dream land, you wouldn't take pronger if he were available?

I didn't say that he wasn't still a great player or that he wouldn't make any team better, I said that the thought of it makes me sick... you're also forgetting the dream land where the locker room wouldn't be divided by his arrival... so, ok, magic dream world where cap doesn't exist and all the horrible classless plays (multiple incidents against Holmstrom, eye gouge against Cleary, two hander on Filppula's wrist, etc...) could just be forgotten... ok...

I had to pick Avery, and here's why:

Pronger today is still an above average defenseman, but he is not as dominant as he once was, so the gag factor would not be outweighed by his contribution.

Carcillo is too much of a loose cannon, his value of being an agitator and grinder would be wasted by spending too much time in the box, not exactly Red Wings style of hockey.

Tootoo doesn't really have enough upside in any category, offensive, defensive, fighting, etc. to make me want him on this team.

Avery, on the other hand, has shown that he has some offensive touch, and everything he does to agitate is cool and calculated, he rarely takes "stupid" penalties unlike the other forwards in the poll, and plus, aside from the off-ice comments, he reminds me a lot of how I played the game, always trying to get in the opponents head.

Is this just a thread to make us all puke all over our keyboards at the thought of any of these d-bags in the Winged Wheel (or BACK in the Winged Wheel in Avery's case)?!?

Pretty much. It's like the "would you rather be blind or deaf?" Well, neither, but if I have to pick one...

Another one I thought of was would you rather re-sign Homer for 5 years at $5 million per year or trade Datsyuk to BOS for the #2 pick?

Pretty much. It's like the "would you rather be blind or deaf?" Well, neither, but if I have to pick one...

Another one I thought of was would you rather re-sign Homer for 5 years at $5 million per year or trade Datsyuk to BOS for the #2 pick?

You're a sick, sick man, you know that?

:lol:

I had to pick Avery, and here's why:

Pronger today is still an above average defenseman, but he is not as dominant as he once was, so the gag factor would not be outweighed by his contribution.

Carcillo is too much of a loose cannon, his value of being an agitator and grinder would be wasted by spending too much time in the box, not exactly Red Wings style of hockey.

Tootoo doesn't really have enough upside in any category, offensive, defensive, fighting, etc. to make me want him on this team.

Avery, on the other hand, has shown that he has some offensive touch, and everything he does to agitate is cool and calculated, he rarely takes "stupid" penalties unlike the other forwards in the poll, and plus, aside from the off-ice comments, he reminds me a lot of how I played the game, always trying to get in the opponents head.

did you just openly admit to being a d-bag? :ph34r:

just giving you a hard time :)

I actually chose Avery out of that list too, because he was pretty well behaved when he was here the first time and I actually think the structure would be good for him again... ONLY if we HAD to though... let me just clarify there, I do not want him back here.

Edited by stevkrause

If salary doesn't matter I have to say Pronger. As much as I can't stand him he is a great defenseman. I like Carcillo too and he would be my pick if salary were part of the equation but without considering salary it seems like Pronger is a no brainer.