• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

Still don't understand what's so appealing about him to the womens.

Me neither, and I'm a womens.

#42 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

Sean Avery for the sheer entertainment factor. I can't stand Pronger or Carcillo and they are exactly why I don't want the Flyers to take the cup. Avery might be a ******, but at least he's funny. Pronger is just a puck stealer and Carcillo is a severe handicap to the team with all the stupid penalties he takes. Tootoo doesn't bother me as much. The whistles aref****** annoying more than anything about him.

#43 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

Pronger is just a puck stealer

Posted Image Still hilarious though...

"They belong in the garbage"

Classic
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#44 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

Let's see...Bringing in a former Norris Trophy winner that Wings fans just absolutely loathe? Would that ever work? I have to say I would go with Pronger even though I do consider him captain of the all-douchebag team. Even at his age now, the other 3 on the list can't bring to the ice what he does on a nightly basis.

Oh and as a defenseman, he gets more ice time for upping his douchebaggery antics so he has that going for him too.

Edited by ogreslayer, 08 June 2010 - 03:41 PM.

#45 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

pronger without a doubt. hes got the talent and hes a big physical defender like we need.
"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#46 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Me neither, and I'm a womens.

Same here. Even if you put him on mute, he's still just not that good looking, in my opinion.

Putting that aside, I'd probably pick Avery. If we have the going back in time option, then I'd take Pronger, but for right now in 2010, yeah, I'd take back Avery, as much as I hate to say it. Like somebody said on the first page, Carcillo's took much of a loose cannon and takes some dumb penalties; Avery's much sneakier when it comes to toying with the opponent. Can't stand any of them, though...except for Tootoo, who I don't really care about either way.

While we're on the subject, you know what's really impressive about Pronger? He manages to be absolutely infuriating without saying much of anything. I mean, Avery the Insult Comic Dog will inevitably send somebody over the edge after he spews out enough abuse, but Pronger is just as effective without saying a word. That little wave goodbye the other night, for example. Irritating as heck, and he didn't have to waste any hot air doing it. Dude deserves some kind of award, I swear...

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#47 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:59 PM

I picked Avery. He's the closest thing to what the Wings need on that list. Pronger seems obvious but he would just be a band-aid at this point. His best years are behind him, imo.

#48 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

I went with Carcillo. If age was not a factor, or if we're talking only about a single year contract, then Pronger would be the obvious choice. Carcillo is the youngest of the bunch, not even to his prime years yet. He, Avery and Tootoo all bring roughly the same thing to a team, and he doesn't have the history with Detroit that the other two do (Tootoo as an opponent, obviously).

Avery, I think, would be my last choice. Not only is he the oldest of the agitating forwards here, but he's also got no small reputation as being quite a jerk in the dressing room (e.g. Dustin Brown). I've personally never heard that said about the other two.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#49 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:36 AM

If Pronger signed with the Wings i dont think we'd be seeing much of Puckloo :ph34r: :ph34r:

#50 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:39 AM

Byfuglien. You said pick a ******.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#51 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

Byfuglien. You said pick a ******.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fugly on the Wings. He plays both forward and defense. He hits. He's much cuter than any of the ****** choices listed. Plus I really don't think he is quite at the same level of douchiosity as they are.

#52 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

I went with Carcillo. If age was not a factor, or if we're talking only about a single year contract, then Pronger would be the obvious choice. Carcillo is the youngest of the bunch, not even to his prime years yet. He, Avery and Tootoo all bring roughly the same thing to a team, and he doesn't have the history with Detroit that the other two do (Tootoo as an opponent, obviously).

Avery, I think, would be my last choice. Not only is he the oldest of the agitating forwards here, but he's also got no small reputation as being quite a jerk in the dressing room (e.g. Dustin Brown). I've personally never heard that said about the other two.

Agree, and Carcillo weilds the biggest hammer out of the three as well.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#53 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Does Hartnell qualify as a ******?

#54 thedatsyukian

thedatsyukian

I was terror since the public school era

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

I think you missed the ultimate ****** in Corey Perry. That's who came to my mind when I saw the title to this thread.
kay