Draper

(Ritola)

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Kindl-Ericsson

Meech

Howard

Osgood

imo...that team's not good enough to win it all...even with a grining 4th line forward and a grinding sixth/seventh defensemen aded.

The Wings need a guy who's best attribute is their positioning and defense. They need a veteran who can anchor Ericsson's play and allow him to play his game without worrying about getting burned as much (something Lilja was ok for but Lebda was horrible for). Ericsson is an offensive d-man by nature so they need someone who can be the Stuart to his Kronwall (so to speak).

He'll sign for that deal. He doesn't care about the money.

I wish more players felt that way. This is the kind of deal he needs since hasn't stuck anywhere for a few years. Hopefully there's some cash left over for Big Arty or Prospal.

When was the last time any completely one-dimensional player besides an enforcer forward (i.e. Downey and May) was signed? Think about it.

Brad Norton, 2006-07. Just to be a pain. Aside from that, I agree with you entirely.

could they really be squabbling over <.5mill difference?? no doubt Kenny added an extra year to make it a three year offer.

Wouldn't you? I know I'd be interested in differences in my yearly pay below $500,000.