• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Lebda to KHL

Rate this topic

From the article:

"Dynamo Minsk carried on negotiations with Detroit defenseman Brett Lebda. The American could become the fifth legionary defenseman on the Belorussian KHL club."

I read that as "legendary" and water came out of my nose.

I met Lebda's uncle a few times in LA and Anaheim. He lives out here. But he is super easy to find, short, a little over weight, and the only son of a ***** wearing a Lebda jersey! Actually he was super nice as we were talking to him. But he divulged to us, that this past season would Brett's last in Detroit.

I'm certainly not going to argue that he was good by any means, but Lebda takes far too much hate on these forums. He played like a number 6/7 defenseman, which is exactly what he was. God knows, whoever replaces him is going to be hated just as much here, because those types of players make mistakes. It's why he had a cap hit of $650 000.

Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Poor old Brett, no love for the guy who gave us the drunk-as-hell radio interview the morning after the cup win :)

Oh my gosh, are we thinking of the same one!?!? The one I always think of was on 96.3 where he was talking about the guy across his street sweeping the leaves off his driveway. Lebda kept slurring "He doesn't even know". One of the funniest things I've ever heard. :lol:

I'm certainly not going to argue that he was good by any means, but Lebda takes far too much hate on these forums. He played like a number 6/7 defenseman, which is exactly what he was. God knows, whoever replaces him is going to be hated just as much here, because those types of players make mistakes. It's why he had a cap hit of $650 000.

Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

The problem was, that Meech consistently showed to be a better option... at a lower caphit and Lebda played like an 8/9 (AHL) defenseman more than a 6/7 (NHL) defenseman.... to be honest, with the horrendous season he had, I even had Janik higher on the depth chart, for quality minutes... Lebda could have made league minimum and his minutes still would have been better served elsewhere, that's where the hate comes from...

I'm just glad he's gone from here and no longer wasting a roster space...