Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Chicago Tribune runs pic of

Rate this topic

The Tribune ran this:

pronger_20100609005717_0_0.jpg

link

Chicago Tribune link

The Philadelphia Flyers' star defenseman is hardly celebrating his portrayal Tuesday in a Chicago Tribune poster, though. It shows Pronger wearing a skirt beside a bold headline that declares, ``Chrissy Pronger. Looks like Tarzan, skates like Jane.''

``I don't read what you guys write, good or bad,'' Pronger said Tuesday. ``I really couldn't care, to be honest with you. I'm worried about playing the game.''

Guest CaliWingsNut

Awesome. This is the prefect reply in response for his comments to the media during this series.

Edit: Bleh... The 100% part should have been skipped.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

The Trib shouldn't have run it, period. While it might be funny, it belongs in the blogosphere and message boards, not in one of the largest newspapers in the country. Most Hawks fans I've talked to feel the same way, which was a big surprising to be honest.

Guest screwdahawks

I can't believe they are sooooooooooo ******* stupid running something like that. Now I know why beer commercials are so stupid, they're aimed at the the dumbest segment of society , the American male sports fan.......Women are having a fit about this and I don't blame them. Major newspaper????????:blush:

Guest micah

Stupid. The Tribune cannot post stuff like this AND be seen as a trusted unbiased mature news source.

I am as guilty of anyone of declaring that certain players look like or act like or skate like women and are therfor inferior - but I expect better out of a nationally circulated newspaper. If you have a problem with Pronger (or anyone else), have Eager (or anyone else) leave him in a bloody pile on the ice, the way it's always been done.

Stupid. The Tribune cannot post stuff like this AND be seen as a trusted unbiased mature news source.

I am as guilty of anyone of declaring that certain players look like or act like or skate like women and are therfor inferior - but I expect better out of a nationally circulated newspaper. If you have a problem with Pronger (or anyone else), have Eager (or anyone else) leave him in a bloody pile on the ice, the way it's always been done.

amen to that.

Guest nutz2u

Pronger is chicken s*** dick as far as I'm concerned but I hope this gets him so pissed that he plays like a beast and destroys 2or3 Hawks and the pissy Flyers bury Chicago.........

Even the writers of the Trib don't know how to act when their team is a game away from winning the Holy Grail. Funny yet a fail all at the same time. Chicago can't class up a damn thing other than the standing ovation they gave Galarraga last night. thumbup.gif for that one.

Even though I hate his guts, Pronger has played his butt off in this series and the only ones who look small, stupid and scared are the idiots who decided this was funny and/or representative of his play.

Edited by Vladifan