• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Chicago Tribune runs pic of

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

This is a city that chants Detroit sucks, regardless of their opponent.... and you expect to hold their local newspaper to some sort of NYTimes or WSJ standard? They're a bunch of homers.

They are not making fun of women, women play hockey. They are making a hockey player look like a wimp by playing a non-contact summer sport. Please note the difference.

Even the writers of the Trib don't know how to act when their team is a game away from winning the Holy Grail. Funny yet a fail all at the same time. Chicago can't class up a damn thing other than the standing ovation they gave Galarraga last night. thumbup.gif for that one.

The truly amazing part is that it was White Sox fans.

I like Pronger... he is like what Chelios would have been before coming to Detroit. He's a good player with a nasty streak at times. Anyway he has been a winner where ever he has played and he has been a killer in this years playoffs, minus one game. Expect a huge game from Pronger and the Flyers and hope for a game 7 loss to the s***Hawks and their sad sad fans!

The truly amazing part is that it was White Sox fans.

Yes..it was like some episode of the Twilight Zone. I had no idea what I was watching, thought maybe it was some kind of gag. White Sox fans and players perfect the art of ****** baggery normally.

I can't believe this was written on the front page of a major worldwide known newspaper. What a joke. <_<

This is the kind of stuff I'd expect an elementary school newspaper to print.

They need to grow up already in Chicago.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Stupid. The Tribune cannot post stuff like this AND be seen as a trusted unbiased mature news source.

I am as guilty of anyone of declaring that certain players look like or act like or skate like women and are therfor inferior - but I expect better out of a nationally circulated newspaper. If you have a problem with Pronger (or anyone else), have Eager (or anyone else) leave him in a bloody pile on the ice, the way it's always been done.

i'm pulling for the hawks 110% and hate pronger more than 99.9% of the people on the planet...but in saying that, the hawks havn't won s*** yet! save the antics like that for when the hawks win the cup. then they can talk trash instead of giving the flyers dressing room board material to get them pumped up against their team.

This thread is full of funny. A bunch of people who probably wouldn't even know what the Chicago Tribune looks like if not for this ridiculousness that shouldn't have been printed, commenting on the quality of a paper that you don't even read, in a city you've never been to or haven't spent a significant amount of time in. What's even funnier is that some of you have said about 10x worse about Pronger and other players, insinuating they're women/feminine and/or ***, totally unaware of the offensiveness of those statements.....all the while using the cop-out that because this is the internet, that somehow makes it better.

The Trib shouldn't have printed that, I'm in agreement with you there. My dad even told me this morning he was surprised they went with it, since the Sun-Times is usually the paper that runs the low-brow stuff. That said, if you think this is indicative of the paper as a whole or the quality of the work they do put out, you're crazy.

commenting on the quality of a paper that you don't even read, in a city you've never been to or haven't spent a significant amount of time in.

Have been to Chicago every summer since I was 6 so about 20 times and have family there. Actually a great town. But the Hawks bandwagon and their fans are hardly something to rep that city. The Trib is quite insightful and definitely better than the Free Press sports section. This is a fail on their part though regardless of what they have done here, it really makes zip sense for them to "shoot back" at Pronger simply because he is a troll and stole some pucks. They are both hilarious in my mind. You are doing a lot of the same commenting on things you have not a lot of knowledge about either friend.

Have been to Chicago every summer since I was 6 so about 20 times and have family there. Actually a great town. But the Hawks bandwagon and their fans are hardly something to rep that city. The Trib is quite insightful and definitely better than the Free Press sports section. This is a fail on their part though regardless of what they have done here, it really makes zip sense for them to "shoot back" at Pronger simply because he is a troll and stole some pucks. They are both hilarious in my mind. You are doing a lot of the same commenting on things you have not a lot of knowledge about either friend.

I agree the Hawks have bandwagon fans, my father unfortunately was stuck surrounded by them at the game on Sunday. I've had to sit next to them at games, so I'm not arguing about their fan base having a lot of turds. Every fan base for every team in every sport has idiots. The Trib shouldn't have run the picture, it was pretty stupid of them to do it. I even fired off an email to the sports editor about it.

However, some of the comments people on this site have made about Pronger and other players make that picture look like a kitten in a basket holding a ball of yarn. Offensive is offensive, whether it's a message board or a newspaper.

Edited by Electrophile

However, some of the comments people on this site have made about Pronger and other players make that picture look like a kitten in a basket holding a ball of yarn. Offensive is offensive, whether it's a message board or a newspaper.

Truest say. Mostly hypocritical and I do the same attempting to cheer for the Flyers who indeed have Pronger as a player. I mean opinions are opinions especially on LGW and for the most part not the cleanest but it won't change much feeling as if these members will change their posts simply because the Trib as a highly respected paper shouldn't have ran that and are just adding trollery to trollery by pulling that with Pronger. The best thing is to take the high road, which looks like it just won't happen for Chicago anytime soon.

Even the writers of the Trib don't know how to act when their team is a game away from winning the Holy Grail. Funny yet a fail all at the same time. Chicago can't class up a damn thing other than the standing ovation they gave Galarraga last night. thumbup.gif for that one.

That was indeed a class act. That whole incident is one of the most positive to come out of sports in a WAY long time. :thumbup:

One of the funniest things I've heard out of all this that someone said on espn this morning that, "Pronger is day-to-day with hurt feelings."

This thread is full of funny. A bunch of people who probably wouldn't even know what the Chicago Tribune looks like if not for this ridiculousness that shouldn't have been printed, commenting on the quality of a paper that you don't even read, in a city you've never been to or haven't spent a significant amount of time in. What's even funnier is that some of you have said about 10x worse about Pronger and other players, insinuating they're women/feminine and/or ***, totally unaware of the offensiveness of those statements.....all the while using the cop-out that because this is the internet, that somehow makes it better.

The Trib shouldn't have printed that, I'm in agreement with you there. My dad even told me this morning he was surprised they went with it, since the Sun-Times is usually the paper that runs the low-brow stuff. That said, if you think this is indicative of the paper as a whole or the quality of the work they do put out, you're crazy.

For what its worth and it might not be alot, but I've lived in this town for 14+ years and while I love the Trib over the S-T, the quality of the paper isn't what it used to be and especially in their sports section. Its run by 20-something glorified bloggers and over the hill veterans (which is probably how this slipped in). Plus a couple of those guys switched papers and/or left town all together a couple years ago. Long story short, this isn't your dad's Tribune.

Anyway, just because people have said worse stuff about Pronger, or any player, on a message board doesn't mean that they can't disagree with the garbage when printed in a different medium. Leave the photoshops to the fans on the internet, leave the journalism to the "journalists" sitting in the Tribune Building.

Just when I think the Chicago media couldn't be any more dumb, they go and do something like this... AND TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES!

Seriously... who's making the decisions there? They have to be the dumbest media outlet in the entire country.

I don't get why the lady hockey players were mad. Do they wear skirts on the ice? Nope. Figure skaters do that. Figure skaters don't check like hockey players. That's why they aren't perceived as tough. Oh, wait...

The message here is pretty obvious. He plays like a girl. Not just any girl, but a skirt-wearing girl. If they had put boobs on him, it might be saying that he plays like a woman, which I could see them having a problem with. In a skirt? He's a sissy. A *****. A pansy.

You could take a pic of me doing something that would normally require pants, and put a skirt on me and it would make me look like a sissy.