#21 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

Not good for a newspaper to run.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

Even the writers of the Trib don't know how to act when their team is a game away from winning the Holy Grail. Funny yet a fail all at the same time. Chicago can't class up a damn thing other than the standing ovation they gave Galarraga last night. Posted Image for that one.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

Even though I hate his guts, Pronger has played his butt off in this series and the only ones who look small, stupid and scared are the idiots who decided this was funny and/or representative of his play.

Edited by Vladifan, 09 June 2010 - 11:01 AM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#24 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

And now my friend, because of you, IT IS! Posted Image

lol i had to, it was perfect
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

lol i had to, it was perfect

Yeah, I think there was enough build up for it Posted Image Posted Image still

#26 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

Man, I can't stand s***cago, even their media is a pack of s***heads.

#27 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Man, I can't stand s***cago, even their media is a pack of s***heads.

imagine living there like i do
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#28 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:56 AM

This is a city that chants Detroit sucks, regardless of their opponent.... and you expect to hold their local newspaper to some sort of NYTimes or WSJ standard? They're a bunch of homers.

They are not making fun of women, women play hockey. They are making a hockey player look like a wimp by playing a non-contact summer sport. Please note the difference.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

Even the writers of the Trib don't know how to act when their team is a game away from winning the Holy Grail. Funny yet a fail all at the same time. Chicago can't class up a damn thing other than the standing ovation they gave Galarraga last night. Posted Image for that one.

The truly amazing part is that it was White Sox fans.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#30 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

I like Pronger... he is like what Chelios would have been before coming to Detroit. He's a good player with a nasty streak at times. Anyway he has been a winner where ever he has played and he has been a killer in this years playoffs, minus one game. Expect a huge game from Pronger and the Flyers and hope for a game 7 loss to the s***Hawks and their sad sad fans!

#31 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:06 PM

The truly amazing part is that it was White Sox fans.

Yes..it was like some episode of the Twilight Zone. I had no idea what I was watching, thought maybe it was some kind of gag. White Sox fans and players perfect the art of ****** baggery normally.

#32 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:20 PM

I can't believe this was written on the front page of a major worldwide known newspaper. What a joke. <_<

This is the kind of stuff I'd expect an elementary school newspaper to print.

They need to grow up already in Chicago.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 09 June 2010 - 12:30 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#33 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

Stupid. The Tribune cannot post stuff like this AND be seen as a trusted unbiased mature news source.

I am as guilty of anyone of declaring that certain players look like or act like or skate like women and are therfor inferior - but I expect better out of a nationally circulated newspaper. If you have a problem with Pronger (or anyone else), have Eager (or anyone else) leave him in a bloody pile on the ice, the way it's always been done.

i'm pulling for the hawks 110% and hate pronger more than 99.9% of the people on the planet...but in saying that, the hawks havn't won s*** yet! save the antics like that for when the hawks win the cup. then they can talk trash instead of giving the flyers dressing room board material to get them pumped up against their team.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#34 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

This thread is full of funny. A bunch of people who probably wouldn't even know what the Chicago Tribune looks like if not for this ridiculousness that shouldn't have been printed, commenting on the quality of a paper that you don't even read, in a city you've never been to or haven't spent a significant amount of time in. What's even funnier is that some of you have said about 10x worse about Pronger and other players, insinuating they're women/feminine and/or ***, totally unaware of the offensiveness of those statements.....all the while using the cop-out that because this is the internet, that somehow makes it better.

The Trib shouldn't have printed that, I'm in agreement with you there. My dad even told me this morning he was surprised they went with it, since the Sun-Times is usually the paper that runs the low-brow stuff. That said, if you think this is indicative of the paper as a whole or the quality of the work they do put out, you're crazy.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#35 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

commenting on the quality of a paper that you don't even read, in a city you've never been to or haven't spent a significant amount of time in.

Have been to Chicago every summer since I was 6 so about 20 times and have family there. Actually a great town. But the Hawks bandwagon and their fans are hardly something to rep that city. The Trib is quite insightful and definitely better than the Free Press sports section. This is a fail on their part though regardless of what they have done here, it really makes zip sense for them to "shoot back" at Pronger simply because he is a troll and stole some pucks. They are both hilarious in my mind. You are doing a lot of the same commenting on things you have not a lot of knowledge about either friend.

#36 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

i wonder if the hawks win tonight, will pronger try to steal the cup like the pucks.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#37 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

Have been to Chicago every summer since I was 6 so about 20 times and have family there. Actually a great town. But the Hawks bandwagon and their fans are hardly something to rep that city. The Trib is quite insightful and definitely better than the Free Press sports section. This is a fail on their part though regardless of what they have done here, it really makes zip sense for them to "shoot back" at Pronger simply because he is a troll and stole some pucks. They are both hilarious in my mind. You are doing a lot of the same commenting on things you have not a lot of knowledge about either friend.

I agree the Hawks have bandwagon fans, my father unfortunately was stuck surrounded by them at the game on Sunday. I've had to sit next to them at games, so I'm not arguing about their fan base having a lot of turds. Every fan base for every team in every sport has idiots. The Trib shouldn't have run the picture, it was pretty stupid of them to do it. I even fired off an email to the sports editor about it.

However, some of the comments people on this site have made about Pronger and other players make that picture look like a kitten in a basket holding a ball of yarn. Offensive is offensive, whether it's a message board or a newspaper.

Edited by Electrophile, 09 June 2010 - 01:06 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#38 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

However, some of the comments people on this site have made about Pronger and other players make that picture look like a kitten in a basket holding a ball of yarn. Offensive is offensive, whether it's a message board or a newspaper.

Truest say. Mostly hypocritical and I do the same attempting to cheer for the Flyers who indeed have Pronger as a player. I mean opinions are opinions especially on LGW and for the most part not the cleanest but it won't change much feeling as if these members will change their posts simply because the Trib as a highly respected paper shouldn't have ran that and are just adding trollery to trollery by pulling that with Pronger. The best thing is to take the high road, which looks like it just won't happen for Chicago anytime soon.

#39 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

Poor Pronger. :hehe:

#40 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts