• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

GDT Stanley Cup Finals - Game 6

Rate this topic

Oooh, 20 more minutes. Come on, my dad's earned this one.

Awwwww. Don't let him lose faith.

Oh he's not.....he's just extremely nervous. I told him I've been there before with the Red Wings and it feels like your stomach is doing constant loop de loops and you feel like you're going to puke......but you're still glad it's happening because it means your team is there, not golfing.

So he's fine. Nervous, but fine. :)

I will have to turn it off like last season at the end if Chicago wins. I can't watch the Blackhawks skate around with the Stanley Cup. 49 more years would be just fine with me.

Anaheim, Pittsburgh, maybe Chicago now. Why can't a neutral team win the cup if it isn't the Red Wings?

Edited by GoWings1905

This is the quietest my dad has ever been during a sporting match. I mean, even when the Hawks scored he just sat there, staring at the TV. I think he's afraid if he talks, the Flyers will score 6 unanswered goals or something. :lol:

That's a great feeling feeling being that nervous! We've been there 4 times with the Wings!

Oooh, 20 more minutes. Come on, my dad's earned this one.

Oh he's not.....he's just extremely nervous. I told him I've been there before with the Red Wings and it feels like your stomach is doing constant loop de loops and you feel like you're going to puke......but you're still glad it's happening because it means your team is there, not golfing.

So he's fine. Nervous, but fine. :)

If he really wants to experience Red Wing nerves, a triple OT is just what he needs for this game.

I will have to turn it off like last season at the end if Chicago wins. I can't watch the Blackhawks skate around with the Stanley Cup. 49 more years would be just fine with me.

Anaheim, Pittsburgh, maybe Chicago now. Why can't a neutral team win the cup if isn't the Red Wings?

Because Gary Bettman is conspiring to always piss Red Wings fans off.

If he really wants to experience Red Wing nerves, a triple OT is just what he needs for this game.

Ha.....he has to go to work in the morning after getting some amount of sleep. If it even goes into 1 OT, he's liable to pass out. LOL

Oh mannn... We Wings fans are that much closer to not being able to say "1961" whenever arguing with Hawks fans and winning every time.

I know. We'll have to resort to beating them over the head with division championships and sheer number of Cup wins instead...haha.

Seriously, I wish they wouldn't win. But it is cool that it's been some 40 years. Not since the Wings won in 97 has a win been so huge.

Oh mannn... We Wings fans are that much closer to not being able to say "1961" whenever arguing with Hawks fans and winning every time.

Ah, I remember being able to chant a year at an opposition team to shut them up whenever they started acting cocky. Those were the days.

:(

:lol:

GD! I dont know who to f'ing root for! I cannot stand Kane or Quinneville or the fans of Chicago, yet I am just realized all the ****** bags that play for Philly! Pronger I can handle on his own, but Pronger, Laperierre & Hartnell? Is there any way they can just cancel the finals this season?

edit: But I do like Ladd, but I dont think its enough to sway me.... ARGH!!!

Edited by LeftWinger

if Chicago wins tonight, I'm looking forward to hearing Bettman get boooed!

Good call on the bright side of things.

This is off topic, but how long is Ville's contract with the Flyers?

GD! I dont know who to f'ing root for! I cannot stand Kane or Quinneville or the fans of Chicago, yet I am just realized all the ****** bags that play for Philly! Pronger I can handle on his own, but Pronger, Laperierre & Hartnell? Is there any way they can just cancel the finals this season?

edit: But I do like Ladd, but I dont think its enough to sway me.... ARGH!!!

Yeah, it's a really scuzzy final all around. This year has really thrown the whole "defense wins championships" mantra out the window.