• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Heaten

Fire sale in Chicago?

Rate this topic

Expensive RFA's and UFA's that all have won a Cup and thus have no motivation to buy into the idea of taking less to keep the team together... Yup-- fire sale is coming. According to Spector's Hockey Rumours (the most repsected guy out there for rumours) other hockey organizations are buzzing about the young talent they'll be able to get from Chicago this summer. And apparently word from the recent GM meetings is that no one is going to take Huet or Campbell off Chicago to do them a favour-- everyone is anxious to steal young talent from them. They know Chicago won't be able to match offer sheets so the rumour is that things are going to be real interesting. Apparently Sharp and Versteeg are thought to be on the way out due to cap issues.

Guest Heaten

Expensive RFA's and UFA's that all have won a Cup and thus have no motivation to buy into the idea of taking less to keep the team together... Yup-- fire sale is coming. According to Spector's Hockey Rumours (the most repsected guy out there for rumours) other hockey organizations are buzzing about the young talent they'll be able to get from Chicago this summer. And apparently word from the recent GM meetings is that no one is going to take Huet or Campbell off Chicago to do them a favour-- everyone is anxious to steal young talent from them. They know Chicago won't be able to match offer sheets so the rumour is that things are going to be real interesting. Apparently Sharp and Versteeg are thought to be on the way out due to cap issues.

Hard to imagine Sharp leaving over Byfaglian(sp?). I do think Versteeg will be one of the first out the door. I wonder if chicago get the bad end of trades because everyone knows they MUST fire sale off a bunch of salary to stay under cap?

Edited by Heaten

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'd take Versteeg or Hjmarlsson in a heartbeat.

Well lets just trade for hossa and call it an offseason.

You're completely right, those 3 goals in 22 games were what really what put Chicago over the edge.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hard to imagine Sharp leaving over Byfaglian(sp?). I do think Versteeg will be one of the first out the door. I wonder if chicago get the bad end of trades because everyone knows they MUST fire sale off a bunch of salary to stay under cap?

It's hard to imagine Chicago won't get stiffed on those trades-- they have zero leverage. Everyone knows their hands are tied. And now all of the players have their Cups and are focused on nailing down their financial security for the foreseeable future.

It's hard to imagine Chicago won't get stiffed on those trades-- they have zero leverage. Everyone knows their hands are tied. And now all of the players have their Cups and are focused on nailing down their financial security for the foreseeable future.

But they will have to compete with other teams offers, so Chicago should be able to get some decent return. It is their cap issues that they have to address, so they cannot trade for anyone with any sort of cap hit. Chicago is seriously handcuffed by the cap if they do not move Huet or Campbell.

I think if they can't trade Huet they'll buy him out. That would save them $3.75M. Then dump Sopel and probably two of Sharp, Versteeg, or Bolland. I doubt Buffy is going anywhere, and I'd expect Niemi, Ladd and Hjalmarsson all to be back.

It won't be as bad as some people think, but it won't be pretty either (at least not for Chicago fans).

Guest Crymson

But they will have to compete with other teams offers, so Chicago should be able to get some decent return. It is their cap issues that they have to address, so they cannot trade for anyone with any sort of cap hit. Chicago is seriously handcuffed by the cap if they do not move Huet or Campbell.

I find it extremely hard to believe that any team will pick up either of those players. They are both overpaid in the extreme.

Both Campbell and Huet are big, hard-to-move contracts...

But the fact is, those players can be waived and sent to the minors and have their hit disappear from the Hawks' cap. They did it with Khabibulin, remember?

If Hawks management realizes this fact, then they aren't so handcuffed.

They are also dropping $5m in Kim Johnsson's removal from the roster.

By sending down Huet and Campbell until they can move them, they can keep all of their young forwards if they are able to get reasonable deals on their RFAs and either promote prospects or can sign cheap UFAs to fill remaining slots on defense. Losing Campbell from the top four for Sopel, a mediocre rookie, or a cheap vet would probably be a downgrade. Sending Huet down and slotting Crawford or Toivonen in the backup spot also is probably a downgrade. But those two moves keep Sharp, Versteeg, Bolland, and Ladd on the roster.

Both Campbell and Huet are big, hard-to-move contracts...

But the fact is, those players can be waived and sent to the minors and have their hit disappear from the Hawks' cap. They did it with Khabibulin, remember?

If Hawks management realizes this fact, then they aren't so handcuffed.

They are also dropping $5m in Kim Johnsson's removal from the roster.

By sending down Huet and Campbell until they can move them, they can keep all of their young forwards if they are able to get reasonable deals on their RFAs and either promote prospects or can sign cheap UFAs to fill remaining slots on defense. Losing Campbell from the top four for Sopel, a mediocre rookie, or a cheap vet would probably be a downgrade. Sending Huet down and slotting Crawford or Toivonen in the backup spot also is probably a downgrade. But those two moves keep Sharp, Versteeg, Bolland, and Ladd on the roster.

Guest blueadams

I'd really, really like to see us add byfuglien. that'd give us a nice third line grind line again.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Abdelkader-Byfuglien

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Draper

(Ritola)

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Kindl-Ericsson

Meech

Howard

Osgood

Will they be willing to send Huet down to the minors and pay him his $5 million? they will be raking in a lot of cash with the extra merchandise with the cup win and they'll be selling out their arena next season. i think so