• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
blues_demitra38

Toews: Most undeserving Conn Smyth winner in history?

Rate this topic

Im 99% sure that the crappy announcers for NBC commented on Toews and his subpar numbers for the playoffs, referencing how he needed to "Get in there more" and "Get more involved." LOL....29 points which ties a franchise record with Savard.....NBC really knows their stuff.

Hes american and he gracious (Where's Hossa? upon looking to pass the cup)

Niemi comes to mind, but his numbers were pretty bad considering they won.....if you saw it years from now, there's no way you think it was Cup quality.

Hell, Chrissy Pronger didn't win...im happy

Toews is American? He was our (Canada) best forward at the Olympics so this is news to me. ;)

@OP who would you have rather taken the CS? Kane?!

Yikes. Kane's reluctance to do anything that isn't offensive makes that a hard pill to swallow. Toews may have struggled offensively in the finals but he was brilliant in the first 3 rounds and was out there killing penalties, blocking shots and winning face-offs in all 6 games of the finals.

Toews definitely deserved it.

There wasn't any real clear-cut winner this year. Pronger and Toews looked like the obvious choices for most of the playoffs, but then they had quite weak finals.

Toews wasn't undeserving of it at all imo, but it always feels a bit weird when the Conn Smythe goes to a player that isn't dominant in the finals.

That's why it was so right when Zetterberg won it because he was without a doubt the best player in the SCF that year.

Niemi actually stole Game 2 for the Blackhawks. Toews did nothing in the series whatsoever. Niemi>Toews.

you guys are ridiculous! you don't mail in blocked shots and high percentage faceoff wins...and penalty killing like dats/Z. he was having a hard time putting the puck in the net, but he still played great. he got assists. he created tons of scoring chances and made all the right plays at the right time. on top of that, he still led the hawks in playoff scoring. and there's 4 rounds in the playoffs, and he was one of the biggest, if not the biggest player in getting the hawks to the SCF.

niemi is going to be a good goalie, but his positioning flaws almost f***ed the hawks hard in the finals. lets just say niemi made the finals alot more interesting than they should have been.

This thread us really just sour grapes.

Toews didn`t have a great series but he was sick in the dfirst 3 rounds. He`s a complete player, he deserves it.

I agree with you.

I cannot stand when posters post topics like this out of jealously or whatever the case may be. Just because our team didn't hoist the cup this year doesn't mean you can nit pick the champs for every little thing. They did after all win the cup, they must of done something right, I mean come on!

But as for Toews, he deserved it. The guys got tallent, and player an incredible first 3 series. Remeber the MVP is for the entire playoffs, not just the finals round. I have no problem with Toews winning it. If it wasn't him I'd say Niemi would be runner up. A few other guys had there moments, but not as a complete dominate playoffs like Toews and Niemi did.

Toews is American? He was our (Canada) best forward at the Olympics so this is news to me. ;)

It's probably because us Americans pretty much want to swap him with Kane. You guys can have the mulleted 20 Cent ****** who doesn't play a lick of defense. We'll take the stand up guy who's a two-way forward and a good young captain.

I have alot of respect for Toews and how he plays but him getting it was a bit underwhelming. He's not the most undeserving, but I think its on the list. I'd have given to Keith or Niemi, personally. They saved the team more often than not.

Whats all this crap about this being a bad post or the OP being jealous? One of my good friends who is a die hard Hawks immediately messaged me after the CS was awarded and said it should have been Byfuglien. There are plenty of Hawks fans that thought it should have been players other than Toews. Its just differing opinions. That's what internet message boards are all about.

For me personally, I was fine with the Toews choice. He didn't have the best finals, but 29 points is pretty darned good. I felt that Kieth was good throughout the run, but wasn't a game breaker most nights. Additionally, Niemi was streaky enough that I think he didn't have a chance.

Deserving or not it's an award than Crosby doesn't have, so Toews technically now has more accolades than Crybaby. I'm all for this.

Help me understand, Toews has an award that Crosby doesn't have.....so technically he now has more accolades than Crosby? How does that work.

So if Crosby has 1,000 awards and Toews has 1 award, but it's one Crosby doesn't have = Toews technically has more accolades?