• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ram

Jeremy Roenick

Rate this topic

Yeah, I caught that, never underestimate the power of live TV.

JR may have been a Red Wing hater, but he has never been shy about letting you know what he is thinking or feeling, and it is understandable that he would get emotional, the closest he ever came to winning the Cup came when he was a Blackhawk, and to watch his former team hoisting the Cup in person must have been a bittersweet moment for him, like most recently retired players, he probably feels like he could still be playing and would probably have come back another year for free if he could have been guaranteed another shot at the Cup.

Remember how close he was to signing with the Wings in 01? He would have won his cup.

Yes, I do. That is probably the number 1 reason he hated on the Wings so much, kicking himself for what could have been.

Yes, I do. That is probably the number 1 reason he hated on the Wings so much, kicking himself for what could have been.

Revisionist history is always fun. If he did sign in 01, do we win the cup in 02? Who knows, regardless he made his bed and he'll have to sleep in it. I never hated the guy, found him kind of intresting, but he tied his horse to a team that never seemed to understand no goalie, no cup.

Edited by theman19

As much as he hated on the Wings, I always did like him. One of the few guys out there who would say what he actually wanted to say as opposed to being politically correct for every interview. A lot like Chelios.

I was dumbfounded when he started to cry.

Nice human moment, even if he is a huge ******.

That was a nice moment. Gotta feel for the players who never get a chance to lift Lord Stanley.

I really hope he isn't known as a crybaby now. I feel for the guy. I'd probably feel the same as him if I was in the same situation. Plus, he first came into the NHL with the Blackhawks. Give the guy a break.

Revisionist history is always fun. If he did sign in 01, do we win the cup in 02? Who knows, regardless he made his bed and he'll have to sleep in it. I never hated the guy, found him kind of intresting, but he tied his horse to a team that never seemed to understand no goalie, no cup.

And until this year, that was unwise of him.

Wow. Am I really the only one that was disgusted by this? The guy openly routed against Chicago in the Conference and Cup finals...

My link

He said recently on a Philadelphia radio station that if forced, he'd root for the Flyers.

"I said if you had a gun to my head, I said I did have to [root for the Flyers]," Roenick said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I didn't want to leave in 1996. If I have to choose, then I have to choose, that's just what it is."

Roenick said he'd also root for the Sharks against the Hawks.

"If you put a gun to my head, I got to go with the Sharks," Roenick said. "[sharks GM] Doug Wilson gave me the most unbelievable opportunity at the end of my career, to revitalize and finish on a high note.

And then he is all teary eyed saying, "It's the Hawks man."

To me this was just classic JR making the Hawks great moment all about him. There are tons of great NHL players to never win a cup. I'm sure Mike Gartner & Pat LaFontaine are not feeling sorry for him. And then Milbury consoling him just made it worse. Yet another reason why I hate nbc's coverage. Wish I could have been watching CBC.

Call me a heartless hater all you want, but this made me sick.

Edited by Yzerman#19

Wow. Am I really the only one that was disgusted by this? The guy openly routed against Chicago in the Conference and Cup finals...

My link

He said recently on a Philadelphia radio station that if forced, he'd root for the Flyers.

"I said if you had a gun to my head, I said I did have to [root for the Flyers]," Roenick said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I didn't want to leave in 1996. If I have to choose, then I have to choose, that's just what it is."

Roenick said he'd also root for the Sharks against the Hawks.

"If you put a gun to my head, I got to go with the Sharks," Roenick said. "[sharks GM] Doug Wilson gave me the most unbelievable opportunity at the end of my career, to revitalize and finish on a high note.

And then he is all teary eyed saying, "It's the Hawks man."

To me this was just classic JR making the Hawks great moment all about him. There are tons of great NHL players to never win a cup. I'm sure Mike Gartner & Pat LaFontaine are not feeling sorry for him. And then Milbury consoling him just made it worse. Yet another reason why I hate nbc's coverage. Wish I could have been watching CBC.

Call me a heartless hater all you want, but this made me sick.

Exacly what I was thinking! The f'ing Hawks man! Well those F'ing Hawks traded you because they realized they weren't gonna win with you! Oh and I do remember 2001, he said Detroit offered him the exact same contract but he felt Philly had the better team and better chance to win the Cup. Then he said after the 2002 finals, "Well if I knew they were gonna get Hasek, I may have made a different choice" Well, maybe if you wouldn't had agreed to a contract the night before UFA started you would've seen that we would trade for Hasek, and sign Robitaille and Hull later on. Hmmmmmmm, who had the better team again? JR, if you would've singed in Detroit, you would've finished your career in Detroit, because that is the kind of franchise we are! Why do you think your boy Chelios stayed here so long? We all remember how much he hated Detroit, he said on live tv that he'd never come here! Funny how that worked out eh? Maybe you should've took his advice afterall! You'd have 2 Cups!

"It's the Blackhawks man... sniff sniff, that should be me down there! Why Why Why!?!?! Waaaaaah!" I don't feel sorry for him, except for his decision making skills...

Anybody else catch this? What a moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy3JpUBhn5Q

No, this was being a baby. Mike Modano crying was a moment.