• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ram

Jeremy Roenick

Rate this topic

Didn't watch more than a few minutes of the entire SCF but just saw the Youtube clip. I dunno man; I thought it was kind of a sweet moment.

Edited by Cruiser008

You guys are just downright cold. This guy spent his whole life chasing after one thing. ONE thing. And he never got it. You spend the same amount of time chasing after one thing, NEVER GET IT, then sit there and watch it being handed from person to person live after you retire, and tell me you don't tear up.

Some of you need to grow up, and stop saying how much of a Wing hater he might be. Tell me this. If you had the chance to trade lives with him, and play the game you love for as long as he did, you'd take it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you people here at LGW just amaze me.

Phil Esposito showed Roenick little mercy on NHL PowerPlay yesterday.

He said that it simply wasn't the time for him to do that. Not sure how he could avoid being swept up in emotion, but I guess you have to as a professional.

even though roenick can be an idiot of the mouth ... i still cried like a baby ... he is gonna be on nhl live in a minute. i hope he and i can keep it together.

I watch the Powerplay frequently; is it me or does Espo sound as though he's had 1 too many Tanqueray & Tonics whenever he's on?

Sometimes, yes. Haha. I respect his opinion and that he doesn't mix words, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that were the case. Yesterday he said, "okay, _____" to everyone who called and said, "it's an honor, etc." to the point where it could've been perceived as annoyance. I usually hate those types of radio-on-tv call in shows, but for whatever reason I love PowerPlay.

I don't blame him for being emotional, but after the part where he said that he hoped that the kid who witnessed the loss had a smile on his face, they should have gone on to another topic and let him collect himself instead of Milbury going on about it.

Hindsight is 20/20, and there isn't a lot of time when you're live to think about these things, but it's not like they would have had to search far to come up with another topic than JR not winning a Cup.

Heck, I get emotional seeing other people lift the Cup knowing I will never do it, and I never played hockey. I can't even imagine what it would be like to play your entire life for it and not get it.

I'm not a fan of JR, but I don't blame him for his reaction. I think the others should have moved on faster and let him get a grip on his emotions.

You guys are just downright cold. This guy spent his whole life chasing after one thing. ONE thing. And he never got it. You spend the same amount of time chasing after one thing, NEVER GET IT, then sit there and watch it being handed from person to person live after you retire, and tell me you don't tear up.

Some of you need to grow up, and stop saying how much of a Wing hater he might be. Tell me this. If you had the chance to trade lives with him, and play the game you love for as long as he did, you'd take it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you people here at LGW just amaze me.

What does that have to do with anything?

What does that have to do with anything?

I'm saying that you would endure the same heartbreaks that he has had to deal with his whole career.