NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

milbury is a prick.

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

Wow. Am I really the only one that was disgusted by this? The guy openly routed against Chicago in the Conference and Cup finals...

My link

He said recently on a Philadelphia radio station that if forced, he'd root for the Flyers.
"I said if you had a gun to my head, I said I did have to [root for the Flyers]," Roenick said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I didn't want to leave in 1996. If I have to choose, then I have to choose, that's just what it is."

Roenick said he'd also root for the Sharks against the Hawks.
"If you put a gun to my head, I got to go with the Sharks," Roenick said. "[Sharks GM] Doug Wilson gave me the most unbelievable opportunity at the end of my career, to revitalize and finish on a high note.

And then he is all teary eyed saying, "It's the Hawks man."

To me this was just classic JR making the Hawks great moment all about him. There are tons of great NHL players to never win a cup. I'm sure Mike Gartner & Pat LaFontaine are not feeling sorry for him. And then Milbury consoling him just made it worse. Yet another reason why I hate nbc's coverage. Wish I could have been watching CBC.

Call me a heartless hater all you want, but this made me sick.

Exacly what I was thinking! The f'ing Hawks man! Well those F'ing Hawks traded you because they realized they weren't gonna win with you! Oh and I do remember 2001, he said Detroit offered him the exact same contract but he felt Philly had the better team and better chance to win the Cup. Then he said after the 2002 finals, "Well if I knew they were gonna get Hasek, I may have made a different choice" Well, maybe if you wouldn't had agreed to a contract the night before UFA started you would've seen that we would trade for Hasek, and sign Robitaille and Hull later on. Hmmmmmmm, who had the better team again? JR, if you would've singed in Detroit, you would've finished your career in Detroit, because that is the kind of franchise we are! Why do you think your boy Chelios stayed here so long? We all remember how much he hated Detroit, he said on live tv that he'd never come here! Funny how that worked out eh? Maybe you should've took his advice afterall! You'd have 2 Cups!

"It's the Blackhawks man... sniff sniff, that should be me down there! Why Why Why!?!?! Waaaaaah!" I don't feel sorry for him, except for his decision making skills...

Anybody else catch this? What a moment!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy3JpUBhn5Q

No, this was being a baby. Mike Modano crying was a moment.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#23 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

Wouldn't surprise me either. It's pretty common among NHL players. People just don't talk about it.

With the Olympic drug screening this past year (and of years past) steroid use isn't as common as what some would like to believe...I'm certain there are a few, or more whom use steroids, and - or HGH, but that number is nowhere near what we have seen with other pro leagues such as the MLB.

That said I felt it was touching for JR; the guy was more, or less shown the door outta Chicago courtesy of "$" Bill Wirtz.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#24 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

The turkey at the end made me laugh.

#25 Alexey913

Alexey913

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

"I couldn't see him crying," explained Patrick Roy, "because I had two of my four Stanley Cup rings covering my eyes."

:lol:

#26 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:38 AM

He probably taped his ankles during the SCF. And, like the NHL, NBC obviously suspended drug testing during the Playoffs.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#27 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

Didn't watch more than a few minutes of the entire SCF but just saw the Youtube clip. I dunno man; I thought it was kind of a sweet moment.

Edited by Cruiser008, 11 June 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#28 Real1

Real1

I Could Have Never Happened

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

You guys are just downright cold. This guy spent his whole life chasing after one thing. ONE thing. And he never got it. You spend the same amount of time chasing after one thing, NEVER GET IT, then sit there and watch it being handed from person to person live after you retire, and tell me you don't tear up.

Some of you need to grow up, and stop saying how much of a Wing hater he might be. Tell me this. If you had the chance to trade lives with him, and play the game you love for as long as he did, you'd take it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you people here at LGW just amaze me.

"the more you dream, the farther you get"

Like random things? Follow me on Twitter.

#29 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

My thoughts?

Posted Image

He probably would have pulled the same thing if the Flyers had won...

Edited by ogreslayer, 11 June 2010 - 10:52 AM.

#30 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:51 AM

Phil Esposito showed Roenick little mercy on NHL PowerPlay yesterday.

He said that it simply wasn't the time for him to do that. Not sure how he could avoid being swept up in emotion, but I guess you have to as a professional.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#31 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

Phil Esposito showed Roenick little mercy on NHL PowerPlay yesterday.

He said that it simply wasn't the time for him to do that. Not sure how he could avoid being swept up in emotion, but I guess you have to as a professional.

I watch the Powerplay frequently; is it me or does Espo sound as though he's had 1 too many Tanqueray & Tonics whenever he's on?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#32 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

even though roenick can be an idiot of the mouth ... i still cried like a baby ... he is gonna be on nhl live in a minute. i hope he and i can keep it together.

#33 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:55 AM

I watch the Powerplay frequently; is it me or does Espo sound as though he's had 1 too many Tanqueray & Tonics whenever he's on?

Sometimes, yes. Haha. I respect his opinion and that he doesn't mix words, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that were the case. Yesterday he said, "okay, _____" to everyone who called and said, "it's an honor, etc." to the point where it could've been perceived as annoyance. I usually hate those types of radio-on-tv call in shows, but for whatever reason I love PowerPlay.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#34 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:13 PM

I don't blame him for being emotional, but after the part where he said that he hoped that the kid who witnessed the loss had a smile on his face, they should have gone on to another topic and let him collect himself instead of Milbury going on about it.

Hindsight is 20/20, and there isn't a lot of time when you're live to think about these things, but it's not like they would have had to search far to come up with another topic than JR not winning a Cup.

Heck, I get emotional seeing other people lift the Cup knowing I will never do it, and I never played hockey. I can't even imagine what it would be like to play your entire life for it and not get it.

I'm not a fan of JR, but I don't blame him for his reaction. I think the others should have moved on faster and let him get a grip on his emotions.

#35 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

You guys are just downright cold. This guy spent his whole life chasing after one thing. ONE thing. And he never got it. You spend the same amount of time chasing after one thing, NEVER GET IT, then sit there and watch it being handed from person to person live after you retire, and tell me you don't tear up.

Some of you need to grow up, and stop saying how much of a Wing hater he might be. Tell me this. If you had the chance to trade lives with him, and play the game you love for as long as he did, you'd take it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you people here at LGW just amaze me.

What does that have to do with anything?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#36 Real1

Real1

I Could Have Never Happened

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

What does that have to do with anything?

I'm saying that you would endure the same heartbreaks that he has had to deal with his whole career.

"the more you dream, the farther you get"

Like random things? Follow me on Twitter.