• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Puckpossession

Puckpossession

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:38 PM

Who do you think will be the contenders? I honestly see redwings vs pens round 3.

#2 CAredwingsfan91

CAredwingsfan91

I'm back!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

i hope theres no round 3 i know we want revenge but enough is enough. im callin it right now Atlanta vs Nashville hahahaha could you imagine? I think the NHL wouldn't even bother promoting this.

Edited by CAredwingsfan91, 10 June 2010 - 02:50 PM.

You shook Sinatra's hand, you should know better.

#3 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

I think the Wings and Sharks will be the WC safe choices. I also think LA will take a step forward and really give teams problems. In the East, the Pens and Caps are the dominant teams. I expect New Jersey to stay near the top of the standings as well, especially if they can retain Kovy.

But with a couple months of trading and signings, followed by eight months of physical, grueling hockey, who knows where everyone will end up.

#4 acidroach420

acidroach420

You know I've got a soft spot for hot dogs

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

Its really hard to say before july 1st, but i really think that the flyers are going to be contenders again. It doesn't seem like to many players will be leaving.

As much as it pains me to say, i don't see us getting past the second round of the playoffs again.

#5 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

Its really hard to say before july 1st, but i really think that the flyers are going to be contenders again. It doesn't seem like to many players will be leaving.

As much as it pains me to say, i don't see us getting past the second round of the playoffs again.

I hope the GM of detroit doesn't thing the same "oh well i put together a team that probably only make it to the 2nd round, that will have to do though, don't wanna change a whole lot"

#6 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

1) Versus and NBC will run more ads featuring Crosby lifting the Cup than Toews, sparking infinite anti-Crosby threads, and Carman's post count will triple as a result.

2) If we stay healthy, we have a realistic shot at winning the division, especially with the depth that Chicago is likely to lose due to their cap situation.

3) Tampa Bay will make the playoffs and upset a division winner in the first round.

4) Toronto will make the playoffs (that's right, I said it).

5) Either Crosby or Ovechkin will be injured and unable to play in the outdoor game, ruining Uncle Gary's grand scheme.

6) Canada will have to wait yet another year for a Cup winner.

7) Very few people will be happy about Holland's free agent moves.

8) One of this season's division winners in the West will finish out of the playoffs.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#7 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

i hope theres no round 3 i know we want revenge but enough is enough. im callin it right now Atlanta vs Nashville hahahaha could you imagine? I think the NHL wouldn't even bother promoting this.

I'm going with Columbus vs Florida in the finals.

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

- Chicago will win the division again.
- 4 Central teams will make the playoffs showing we have the hardest and best division in all of hockey.
- 4 Original 6 teams will make the playoffs.
- One of Franzen/ Zetterberg/ Kronwall will miss more than half the season next season due to an injury.
- Bettman will help facilitate a rule change, continue to allow the cap to rise and LGW will still complain about him.
- Toy Story 3 will be sweet.
- NHL 11 with CHL rights and teams is going to be the most played game next season.
- The Lions will win 5 games.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#9 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

islanders will make the playoffs

Posted Image

#10 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

Who do you think will be the contenders? I honestly see redwings vs pens round 3.

i dont see the Penguins being a contender next season. Between the inconsistent play of Fluery and losing Gill,Scuderi and now (most likely) Gonchar their defense is going to be in shambles.

#11 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

I have no idea, but the wings will at least make the playoffs.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#12 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

Going out on a limb at this point but...

Wings in the playoffs. Mark it down.

Jimmy will also continue to impress and somehow acquire more haters on LGW.

EDIT: Awww jolly I was too late lol

Edited by HankthaTank, 10 June 2010 - 03:49 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#13 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

red wings will win the stanley cup
"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#14 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

Coyotes-Senators in the final.

Wings out in seven in the WCF with some questionable officiating by Dan O'Halloran and special guest referee Michel Therrien.

#15 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

Coyotes-Senators in the final.

Wings out in seven in the WCF with some questionable officiating by Dan O'Halloran and special guest referee Michel Therrien.

haha what kind of a prediction is that. im expecting around 3 bs penalties to be called in the final game and the rest of the game will be pretty evenly called. 3 players on the coyotes will break their sticks throughout the series and 5 from the senators.
"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#16 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

- One of Franzen/ Zetterberg/ Kronwall will miss more than half the season next season due to an injury.

:(

- The Lions will win 5 games.

They're good enough, but their schedule is brutal. Only six games against teams that finished under .500 last year, and two of those are against Chicago who have improved, and Washington who improved with McNabb. Hopefully they can pull of some upsets, but I think it's going to be more tough sledding despite the team being a huge step up from last year's and especially the year before.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#17 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Wings win the Cup over the Capitals, who are guaranteed a loser's spot in the Finals after losing in the Winter Classic to Pittsburgh.

Chris Osgood is the Wings' No. 1 goalie come the postseason. ...... Crap, I think this limb is about to snap.

#18 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

Leafs and Kings in the Finals.

:clap:

Rematch of the 1993 WCF.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#19 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

It's a little too early to tell isn't it? Who knows what San Jose will do with the names they might retain?

#20 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Wings will improve over last season and will play with more heart

someone on this team is going to have a bust out year put up some insane numbers not saying its goals or shutouts or +- but someone is going to wow the league.

babcock will win the jack adams (he is due)

leafs will squeak into the playoffs (they are due)

something big is going to happen in the off season in san jose but it wont work again

Chicago wont be as bad as your hoping