• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Puckpossession

Early Predictions for next season....

Rate this topic

i hope theres no round 3 i know we want revenge but enough is enough. im callin it right now Atlanta vs Nashville hahahaha could you imagine? I think the NHL wouldn't even bother promoting this.

Edited by CAredwingsfan91

I think the Wings and Sharks will be the WC safe choices. I also think LA will take a step forward and really give teams problems. In the East, the Pens and Caps are the dominant teams. I expect New Jersey to stay near the top of the standings as well, especially if they can retain Kovy.

But with a couple months of trading and signings, followed by eight months of physical, grueling hockey, who knows where everyone will end up.

Its really hard to say before july 1st, but i really think that the flyers are going to be contenders again. It doesn't seem like to many players will be leaving.

As much as it pains me to say, i don't see us getting past the second round of the playoffs again.

Guest mindfly

Its really hard to say before july 1st, but i really think that the flyers are going to be contenders again. It doesn't seem like to many players will be leaving.

As much as it pains me to say, i don't see us getting past the second round of the playoffs again.

I hope the GM of detroit doesn't thing the same "oh well i put together a team that probably only make it to the 2nd round, that will have to do though, don't wanna change a whole lot"

1) Versus and NBC will run more ads featuring Crosby lifting the Cup than Toews, sparking infinite anti-Crosby threads, and Carman's post count will triple as a result.

2) If we stay healthy, we have a realistic shot at winning the division, especially with the depth that Chicago is likely to lose due to their cap situation.

3) Tampa Bay will make the playoffs and upset a division winner in the first round.

4) Toronto will make the playoffs (that's right, I said it).

5) Either Crosby or Ovechkin will be injured and unable to play in the outdoor game, ruining Uncle Gary's grand scheme.

6) Canada will have to wait yet another year for a Cup winner.

7) Very few people will be happy about Holland's free agent moves.

8) One of this season's division winners in the West will finish out of the playoffs.

i hope theres no round 3 i know we want revenge but enough is enough. im callin it right now Atlanta vs Nashville hahahaha could you imagine? I think the NHL wouldn't even bother promoting this.

I'm going with Columbus vs Florida in the finals.

- Chicago will win the division again.

- 4 Central teams will make the playoffs showing we have the hardest and best division in all of hockey.

- 4 Original 6 teams will make the playoffs.

- One of Franzen/ Zetterberg/ Kronwall will miss more than half the season next season due to an injury.

- Bettman will help facilitate a rule change, continue to allow the cap to rise and LGW will still complain about him.

- Toy Story 3 will be sweet.

- NHL 11 with CHL rights and teams is going to be the most played game next season.

- The Lions will win 5 games.

Who do you think will be the contenders? I honestly see redwings vs pens round 3.

i dont see the Penguins being a contender next season. Between the inconsistent play of Fluery and losing Gill,Scuderi and now (most likely) Gonchar their defense is going to be in shambles.

Going out on a limb at this point but...

Wings in the playoffs. Mark it down.

Jimmy will also continue to impress and somehow acquire more haters on LGW.

EDIT: Awww jolly I was too late lol

Edited by HankthaTank

Coyotes-Senators in the final.

Wings out in seven in the WCF with some questionable officiating by Dan O'Halloran and special guest referee Michel Therrien.

haha what kind of a prediction is that. im expecting around 3 bs penalties to be called in the final game and the rest of the game will be pretty evenly called. 3 players on the coyotes will break their sticks throughout the series and 5 from the senators.

- One of Franzen/ Zetterberg/ Kronwall will miss more than half the season next season due to an injury.

:(

- The Lions will win 5 games.

They're good enough, but their schedule is brutal. Only six games against teams that finished under .500 last year, and two of those are against Chicago who have improved, and Washington who improved with McNabb. Hopefully they can pull of some upsets, but I think it's going to be more tough sledding despite the team being a huge step up from last year's and especially the year before.

Wings win the Cup over the Capitals, who are guaranteed a loser's spot in the Finals after losing in the Winter Classic to Pittsburgh.

Chris Osgood is the Wings' No. 1 goalie come the postseason. ...... Crap, I think this limb is about to snap.

Wings will improve over last season and will play with more heart

someone on this team is going to have a bust out year put up some insane numbers not saying its goals or shutouts or +- but someone is going to wow the league.

babcock will win the jack adams (he is due)

leafs will squeak into the playoffs (they are due)

something big is going to happen in the off season in san jose but it wont work again

Chicago wont be as bad as your hoping

1.Datsyuk will once again hit the 90+ point level

2.Franzen and Zetterberg will both reach the 40 goal mark

3.Howard will bring more to the table than we saw this year and be nominated for the Vezina

4.Kindl will play far better than everyone thinks he is capable of and will form a deadly tandom with Ericsson

5.Hudler will reach the 30 goal mark

6.Filppula will reach the high 70s playing with Hudler

7.Kronwall will raise his game to a level never seen from him and be paired with Lidstrom by the end of the season as the top D pairing

and a cup... :sly:

The Wings will dominate regular season play and finish in the top spot in the West. They will struggle some in the WCF and win the Cup in 5 games.

Contenders

Top 3 West

Vancouver

Kings (This team is coming on. I really like their young guns and the role Dustin Brown is growing into.)

Quacks ( I know they missed the post season, but they have a great top 3 in Ryan, Perry, and Getzlaf and a all-star goalie in hiller.

Top 3 East

Pens - they were just tired this season. :blink:

Caps - They may not be able to win the post season, but they will in the reg. season. This does conflict with not putting up the Sharks, but, if they find a goalie and a d'man they will be OK. The Sharks have a tougher chore, finding heart.

Habs