• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Adam Burish: Chris Pronger Is The Biggest Idiot In The League

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Is that what I said?

I assumed that was the point of your sarcastic remark. Whatever though, arguing doesn't solve anything, and we've now wasted almost a page on rubbish. I'm still confused at the point you're trying to make, but I don't care enough to argue about it anymore, as given your language in recent posts in this thread and others, you seem to be taking out your frustration by being an internet vigilante, which is out of character for you.

I assumed that was the point of your sarcastic remark. Whatever though, arguing doesn't solve anything, and we've now wasted almost a page on rubbish. I'm still confused at the point you're trying to make, but I don't care enough to argue about it anymore, as given your language in recent posts in this thread and others, you seem to be taking out your frustration by being an internet vigilante, which is out of character for you.

owned.

Heh?

Those exist?

Invictus, what are you on?

Edited by Doc Holliday

Back on topic, I laughed when I first saw the clip, but in retrospect, it was a pretty low thing for him to say.

To Burish:

You just won the Stanley Cup, beating the man you're being asked about. Show some respect and be a good winner. You don't have to like Pronger (I certainly don't), but a simple "no comment" with a chuckle would have gotten your point across. Not only did you just put a huge target on your back for the next time you play against Pronger, you also you showed a large lack of (wait for it) class by berating a defeated opponent. Not cool.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not outraged or disgusted by this, and I'm sure he regrets saying it today once the euphoria of winning the Cup wore off some. I just don't think that's the way a professional should handle himself...

But it sure was funny.

Even more reason to sign him Kenny. I don't want Cleary to be our guy who has to fight Pronger, Burish is our gritty forward next year and I guarantee we see him and Pronger fight.

I think the smart money is on Burish to win as well.

Even more reason to sign him Kenny. I don't want Cleary to be our guy who has to fight Pronger, Burish is our gritty forward next year and I guarantee we see him and Pronger fight.

I think the smart money is on Burish to win as well.

The Wings will likely play Philly only once next year. Should we trade for a guy for a full one-way contract of nearly a million bucks to just play one game? Is that how badly we want to see the Wings win a fight against a 36-year-old has-been?

Chicago turned the series over when they started hitting Pronger back. No one dropped any gloves at all.

The Wings will likely play Philly only once next year. Should we trade for a guy for a full one-way contract of nearly a million bucks to just play one game? Is that how badly we want to see the Wings win a fight against a 36-year-old has-been?

Chicago turned the series over when they started hitting Pronger back. No one dropped any gloves at all.

Hes a free agent and I was just saying kind of jokingly because Holland said he's going to sign a guy like him.

There's a lot of people who think Adam Burish is an idiot too.

Pronger would be a bigger idiot, but this is the pot calling the kettle back.

Damn, I'm a minute late. I was just about to say that I think it's ironic that one of the biggest idiots in the league is calling somebody else the biggest idiot in the league.

Edited by ComradeWasabi

Guest mindfly

Damn, I'm a minute late. I was just about to say that I think it's ironic that one of the biggest idiots in the league is calling somebody else the biggest idiot in the league.

And some people wants kenny to sign this guy...who was a healthy scratch more often than he was playing

And some people wants kenny to sign this guy...who was a healthy scratch more often than he was playing

I can't figure out why. Burish has no offensive upside whatsoever. 4 points in 13 games this season; yeah, he was hurt, but his record for points is a whopping 8 in 81 games a couple of years ago. Maltby's on the way out, I don't see any reason to replace him with another agitator who can't score.

Isn't Adam Burish the guy that tossed the octopus in that commercial the year the Wings beat them in the WCF? Isn't he also the guy who got in Lidstrom's face one game, which Lidstrom then proceeded to score right after? Just sayin', I guess.

I can't figure out why. Burish has no offensive upside whatsoever. 4 points in 13 games this season; yeah, he was hurt, but his record for points is a whopping 8 in 81 games a couple of years ago. Maltby's on the way out, I don't see any reason to replace him with another agitator who can't score.

Well, Maltby isn't an agitator anymore. At least, not until a really big tournament like the conference or NHL finals. He hasn't been for a while.

But you have so many Wings fans who are desperate for good old fashioned North American pound their faces in prove their penis is bigger toughness. Thus, the love for pretty any much any player on here who has that ability, even if they have nothing else.

The season before when he was healthy he was a huge part of the Hawks PK and he's a great energy player. He's one of the best agitators in the league and he's more respectable then most because he will back up his actions more often then not.

He's a 4th liner, Pk's, fights, hits, can skate a regular shift, and can play decent enough in the offensive zone. He is exactly what Holland is looking for, thats why people want him signed.

The season before when he was healthy he was a huge part of the Hawks PK and he's a great energy player. He's one of the best agitators in the league and he's more respectable then most because he will back up his actions more often then not.

He's a 4th liner, Pk's, fights, hits, can skate a regular shift, and can play decent enough in the offensive zone. He is exactly what Holland is looking for, thats why people want him signed.

He might be the biggest punching bag in the league. Have you seen his fight record?

He's worse than any of the players you've mentioned in those threads that you've started within the last week.

4th liner

Not a compliment.

Pk's

Our PK was outstanding this year, we don't need any improvement here; and for the record, I don't believe Burish is an upgrade over anyone we have on the PK right now.

fights

Yes, badly.

hits

A lot of guys can do that better than him.

can skate a regular shift

So he's not Aaron Downey. +1 for Burish, I guess.

can play decent enough in the offensive zone

Decent enough for his career PPG to be 0.13. Congratulations.

He is exactly what Holland is looking for

For the sake of the team, I hope not.

Not a compliment.

Our PK was outstanding this year, we don't need any improvement here; and for the record, I don't believe Burish is an upgrade over anyone we have on the PK right now.

Yes, badly.

A lot of guys can do that better than him.

So he's not Aaron Downey. +1 for Burish, I guess.

Decent enough for his career PPG to be 0.13. Congratulations.

For the sake of the team, I hope not.

Wrap your head around the facts. Holland isn't looking for a goal scorer on the 4th line, he is looking for someone that is tough to play against. Burish is that type of player. He would be just as good as Miller on the PK, an upgrade over Draper anymore, Maltby, May all those guys who played here this year.

He is the perfect style of player for what Holland said he wants and he only played 13 games this year because of injury so the price might be right.

He isn't that bad of a fighter either.

I'm guessing this only made Pronger flash that annoying gap-toothed grin.

I get that it's just a lighthearted quote from a guy who just won the Cup. Pronger doesn't fight much, but could still likely tune up Burish, who won't even be remembered in this league in 10 years.

And as for the other discussion going on in this thread, to me there is a big difference between a hockey fan ripping on some player on an internet board, or even yelling it at a game, and a hockey player ripping on a fellow player while being interviewed on television.

Without Pronger, the Flyers don't even make the playoffs, let alone the Cup finals. Without Burish, the Hawks... have a few less goals against?

Edited by haroldsnepsts

He might be the biggest punching bag in the league. Have you seen his fight record?

He's worse than any of the players you've mentioned in those threads that you've started within the last week.

Him and Kopecky and who else would be knows as the Punching Bag line?

Eager? Not exactly a punching bag though.

He seems to have a pretty average fight record to me including a big win against Nystrom who everyone seems to most want here.

He might not be the toughest player available this offseason and he's not the one I want the most to fill that role but he would still be a good fit. He's probably the most willing fighter out of all the guys who fit that description this offseason and will come cheap.

more players should be doing that s***. i love when they verbally smash on camera. please nhl start training the players to do nasty interviews!..i think its fun!