Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Adam Burish: Chris Pronger Is The Biggest Idiot In The League

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#41 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

I like the fact that Burrish was scratched for like the last 3 games in the series, yet he comes out all dressed up in "his hockey suit" like he was actually part of the win. What a tool bag. At least Pronger played.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#42 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

Pure win, gj Burish :)

#43 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

4th liner

Not a compliment.

Pk's

Our PK was outstanding this year, we don't need any improvement here; and for the record, I don't believe Burish is an upgrade over anyone we have on the PK right now.

fights

Yes, badly.

hits

A lot of guys can do that better than him.

can skate a regular shift

So he's not Aaron Downey. +1 for Burish, I guess.

can play decent enough in the offensive zone

Decent enough for his career PPG to be 0.13. Congratulations.

He is exactly what Holland is looking for

For the sake of the team, I hope not.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#44 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

Not a compliment.

Our PK was outstanding this year, we don't need any improvement here; and for the record, I don't believe Burish is an upgrade over anyone we have on the PK right now.

Yes, badly.

A lot of guys can do that better than him.

So he's not Aaron Downey. +1 for Burish, I guess.

Decent enough for his career PPG to be 0.13. Congratulations.

For the sake of the team, I hope not.

Wrap your head around the facts. Holland isn't looking for a goal scorer on the 4th line, he is looking for someone that is tough to play against. Burish is that type of player. He would be just as good as Miller on the PK, an upgrade over Draper anymore, Maltby, May all those guys who played here this year.

He is the perfect style of player for what Holland said he wants and he only played 13 games this year because of injury so the price might be right.

He isn't that bad of a fighter either.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#45 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,300 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

I'm guessing this only made Pronger flash that annoying gap-toothed grin.

I get that it's just a lighthearted quote from a guy who just won the Cup. Pronger doesn't fight much, but could still likely tune up Burish, who won't even be remembered in this league in 10 years.

And as for the other discussion going on in this thread, to me there is a big difference between a hockey fan ripping on some player on an internet board, or even yelling it at a game, and a hockey player ripping on a fellow player while being interviewed on television.

Without Pronger, the Flyers don't even make the playoffs, let alone the Cup finals. Without Burish, the Hawks... have a few less goals against?

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 10 June 2010 - 08:55 PM.

#46 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

He might be the biggest punching bag in the league. Have you seen his fight record?

He's worse than any of the players you've mentioned in those threads that you've started within the last week.

Him and Kopecky and who else would be knows as the Punching Bag line?

Eager? Not exactly a punching bag though.

#47 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Chris Pronger is a pretty big idiot.

It doesn't matter how good he might be, or how good/bad Burish might be.

Burish is just making a confirmation.

#48 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

He might be the biggest punching bag in the league. Have you seen his fight record?

He's worse than any of the players you've mentioned in those threads that you've started within the last week.

He seems to have a pretty average fight record to me including a big win against Nystrom who everyone seems to most want here.

He might not be the toughest player available this offseason and he's not the one I want the most to fill that role but he would still be a good fit. He's probably the most willing fighter out of all the guys who fit that description this offseason and will come cheap.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#49 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

Adam "ride the pine" Burish

#50 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

more players should be doing that s***. i love when they verbally smash on camera. please nhl start training the players to do nasty interviews!..i think its fun!

#51 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

more players should be doing that s***. i love when they verbally smash on camera. please nhl start training the players to do nasty interviews!..i think its fun!

Sloppy Seconds. :ph34r:

#52 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

He seems to have a pretty average fight record to me including a big win against Nystrom who everyone seems to most want here.

He might not be the toughest player available this offseason and he's not the one I want the most to fill that role but he would still be a good fit. He's probably the most willing fighter out of all the guys who fit that description this offseason and will come cheap.

Not that their website is always right, but if you go on dropyourgloves.com, you'll see that he loses just about all his fights.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#53 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

It would of been perfect if he left it at Prongers a idiot. But by then saying that Pronger is terrible and that he would beat him up, that just makes him look like a moron. Especially for someone who spent most of the finals on the bench.

#54 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

Did he shake Pronger's hand in the line?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#55 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

It would of been perfect if he left it at Prongers a idiot. But by then saying that Pronger is terrible and that he would beat him up, that just makes him look like a moron. Especially for someone who spent most of the finals on the bench.

For the record he said he would simply punch him, and that Pronger played terrible in game 6.

Posted Image

#56 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

I think former NHL'er Cam Russel holds the title for the worst fighter ever to play in the NHL...That guy had heart, but also had "Everlast" tattooed on his forehead.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#57 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Chris Pronger is a pretty big idiot.

It doesn't matter how good he might be, or how good/bad Burish might be.

Burish is just making a confirmation.

Why, because you personally don't like him? Have you ever listened to him talk? I'm willing to bet the answer is no, seeing as he normally has some spot on comments. ******=/=Unintelligent.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#58 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

I don't know why, but after this series I actually don't mind Pronger and hate the Blackhawks. The 'Hawks are just one of those teams that is cocky and young and you think they'll be put in their place but then they ended up winning the Cup, which just irritates me to no end. I mean, they deserved it in the end, but, just like last year, it made me sick to see a certain team win the Cup. Also, Burish's comment just makes him look like an idiot as well. Moving on.

#59 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:55 PM

I don't know why, but after this series I actually don't mind Pronger and hate the Blackhawks. The 'Hawks are just one of those teams that is cocky and young and you think they'll be put in their place but then they ended up winning the Cup, which just irritates me to no end. I mean, they deserved it in the end, but, just like last year, it made me sick to see a certain team win the Cup. Also, Burish's comment just makes him look like an idiot as well. Moving on.

Agreed. The last two years have consisted of two my 3 most hated teams (third being Anaheim) hoisting the cup. The fact that the same little punk who punched a cabby for not recognizing him is now a Stanley Cup champion just doesn't sit right with me. Aw well, last cup they'll be seeing for a loooong while.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#60 Sperber

Sperber

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

I like the fact that Burrish was scratched for like the last 3 games in the series, yet he comes out all dressed up in "his hockey suit" like he was actually part of the win. What a tool bag. At least Pronger played.

yeah, I noticed that, too! Pretty funny!

I mean we all have freedom of speech, but it is upon us to use it wisely...

Burish used his 15 minutes of fame to completely talk out of his rear-end.
The love keeps us together