• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Original-Six

Tomas Kopecky

Rate this topic

I don't mind watching our former Wings go on to succeed elsewhere. It's a little tough watching Leino like he did these playoffs. That was the Leino, we though we were getting prior to this season.

Back on topic, I guess. Pretty big hit on Kope.

LOL at a Hawks fan visiting a Red Wings forum the day after his team wins the Cup. Even when they win the Cup, they're more concerned with the Red Wings.

Hawks fans are such a joke.

:rolleyes:

LOL. You guys have been talking about the Hawks all playoffs long. This is basically like another source of Hawks information for me. hypocrite

LOL. You guys have been talking about the Hawks all playoffs long. This is basically like another source of Hawks information for me. hypocrite

I know here on LGW we talk about hockey its amazing. And btw in order for him to be a hypocrite he would have to be posting on a Hawks forum. Nice try though.

I know here on LGW we talk about hockey its amazing. And btw in order for him to be a hypocrite he would have to be posting on a Hawks forum. Nice try though.

Congrats, you're probably the only board in the league that does that... cool story, bro. I really didn't want to post but sometimes I can't resist on this board. Always good for a laugh.

Well, that is easy to explain, this is basically another source of Hawks info because we here at LGW as well as our fans around the world, also known as The Red Wings Nation are the most Hockey knowledgeable fans in the world, so its no wonder you come here to learn stuff about your own team. You certainly aren't going to learn much about it hanging around the streets of Chicago and it's suburbs or talking with other "fans" like Jim Belushi and Vince Vaughn, who only show up to games when the team wins, where were they about 10 years ago? Same place you were I would imagine. But please, come, stay, pull up a chair, because next year when you are sans 5 of 6 of your important players, you will need to learn all you can here because odds are 3/4's of the fans that are celebrating right now wont even remember what icing is...

Sure will be nice to see the like of Madden, Burish, Neimi, Ladd, Hjalmarsson & Eager amongst others playing somewhere else. Reports out of Toronto even suggesting Sharp and Versteeg may even be on the block, so you're gonna have a great team next season. But, hey, there's always the Bears, right? Hang in there, 50 years isn't that long to wait (again)

You mean actual hockey fans who understand hockey as opposed to the people on Chicago's board who have watched hockey for 2 years and scoff at the notion that the salary cap will affect the team?

Troll fail.

after the game, Marian Hossa was complaining about his shoulder hurting while raising the Cup, doctors later explained that when Kopecky got leveled, Hossa was the one to actually feel the hit and get hurt, doctors call it sympathy pains, because when spouses go everywhere together, can't go somewhere without another, they develop a bond that actually causes one to feel the others pain, damnedest thing...

after the game, Marian Hossa was complaining about his shoulder hurting while raising the Cup, doctors later explained that when Kopecky got leveled, Hossa was the one to actually feel the hit and get hurt, doctors call it sympathy pains, because when spouses go everywhere together, can't go somewhere without another, they develop a bond that actually causes one to feel the others pain, damnedest thing...

its cute their numbers are 81-82...

Did you lol when he raised the Cup too?

Huh? How is that related to laughing when he got smoked by a check? Or are you just being a ******-bag?

The bond of love can do amazing things. ;)

Someone should put together a compilation of all the times he gets leveled. I realize that would take some time to edit, and would probably be longer than the extended edition of Lawrence of Arabia, but it'd be a good compilation nonetheless.

You mean actual hockey fans who understand hockey as opposed to the people on Chicago's board who have watched hockey for 2 years and scoff at the notion that the salary cap will affect the team?

Waive Campbell and Huet and let them be claimed by another team or send them to the minors. That alone clears up the cap mess for the Hawks. No idea if Bowman will do this, but it is really that simple to keep the rest of the team together.

i loled

Did you lol at the fact he was part of Chicago's top line much of the finals, including game six when they won the Cup?

Waive Campbell and Huet and let them be claimed by another team or send them to the minors. That alone clears up the cap mess for the Hawks.

:lol: Doing that would eliminate their ability to attract any free agents in the future and would definitely put some heat on them in the future when dealing with other teams. Waiving perfectly healthy and relatively young previous big name FA signings to make cap room is not going to endear them to future FA talent. Furthermore, the NHLPA would likely make a stink.

If this solution was as viable as people seem to think we wouldn't see so many bloated contracts sit around (see: Edmonton). The fact remains that waiving players is typically isolated to inexperienced or aging players who can't cut it anymore and need to be moved to the minors because they don't want to retire. Huet and Campbell are both perfectly healthy and neither is looking to retire any time soon.

I don't buy this theory for a second. They may do it but they'll isolate themselves from the NHLPA community a great deal.

:lol: Doing that would eliminate their ability to attract any free agents in the future and would definitely put some heat on them in the future when dealing with other teams. Waiving perfectly healthy and relatively young previous big name FA signings to make cap room is not going to endear them to future FA talent. Furthermore, the NHLPA would likely make a stink.

If this solution was as viable as people seem to think we wouldn't see so many bloated contracts sit around (see: Edmonton). The fact remains that waiving players is typically isolated to inexperienced or aging players who can't cut it anymore and need to be moved to the minors because they don't want to retire. Huet and Campbell are both perfectly healthy and neither is looking to retire any time soon.

I don't buy this theory for a second. They may do it but they'll isolate themselves from the NHLPA community a great deal.

On xm this morning, they were talking about the Huet contract. They said, if they aren't able to move him, there is a likely chance of him being sent to the minors.

I am actually excited to see what happens with this contract, because you do carry a valid point, to which the NHLPA would flex their muscle on the Hawks.