• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Would you want Byfuglien?

Rate this topic

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would absolutely want to have a player like Byfuglien on the Wings, he is probably the best net-presence player in the league after Holmstrom, who better to take his place when he hangs them up. He's huge and hits the way a player his size should, and despite is poor +/- this year, he is pretty good defensively, the Hawks had him play the blue line when they were short at defense.

Speaking of RFAs with good net presence, isn't Patric Hornqvist an RFA this year? He would probably be cheaper than Byfuglien and has potential to be a bigger scoring threat, only question would be how much we would have to give up in return for an offer sheet, and whether or not other teams are going to go after him, because there are teams out there that can afford to trade picks and such to land a player like Hornqvist.

I think I'd take him. I generally adore anyone who dons the winged wheel anyway; but you can't deny what he did for them this season - more specifically in the playoffs. Moving him back to the wing was a great idea.

There should be a clause in his contract where he has to wearing his hat sideways and put away the WCW belt, though.

Guest Crymson

100000% yes! trade Cleary and a 3rd rounder for Byfuglien

ROFL. Are you for real or are you really so oblivious?

ROFL. Are you for real or are you really so oblivious?

Nope he is one of the Cleary haters man. Gotta go to each possible post for that. It's kind of funny. I tried my hand in the trade cleary poll and came out with way more no's and I know the Wings would never ever do this.

Guest Crymson

Nope he is one of the Cleary haters man. Gotta go to each possible post for that. It's kind of funny. I tried my hand in the trade cleary poll and came out with way more no's and I know the Wings would never ever do this.

He's silly for thinking that Chicago, which is currently in cap trouble, would in any scenario want to trade Byfuglien for a player who has an equivalent cap hit for the next three seasons.

I get this impression as well, but you never know until a player actually hits free agency and the actions they show...

At a cap hit of 3 or less a season, and without trading any of our top 6 forwards or top 4 d-men... I'd pull the trigger on that one...

There should be more options in the poll though -

1. Yes, at all cost

2. Yes, but only through free agency

3. Yes, but only if it didn't mean giving up any major assets

4. No, he will cost too much

5. No, at all cost

His current cap hit is friendly for what he provides but this guy will expect more then $4,000,000 on the open market... he's got to be the cockiest son of a ***** on the ice (aside from Kane).

Give up one of our prospects for him, I'm telling you, the guy is young and can only get better.

Ok... it's really not that easy, but sure, he'd be nice to have on the team. Unfortunately the entire NHL would love to have him and he's going to cost a fortune to sign.

I would take his kermit sounding, bozo looking ass for 1.0m a year for 2 years. If for nothing more than to giggle when he s*** talks with that voice.

meh, he's good but not that great, he's just really big and hard to move i just don't think he's as good as holmstrom. But thats not really the point of this forum would i take him. depends on how much and how hard he would work i could see him being lazy and not into it.

I have to say the more I think about it I have waaaaay more respect for Toews being the Captain of the group of out and out ass hats he has to deal with. Well with the Cup win that probably makes it a tad easier but what about when their acts get just tired and their play doesn't speak for it anymore?

just take it easy superstar...

I love Dan Cleary...and have never stated otherwise.

He's silly for thinking that Chicago, which is currently in cap trouble, would in any scenario want to trade Byfuglien for a player who has an equivalent cap hit for the next three seasons.

relax...it was just for fun....

go back to your parents basement poindexter...

No thanks, I'd rather have Burtuzzi + Asham/Winchester -type physical player for the same cap hit than that moron. Not impressed with Bufuglianaopjkan (or however you spell his name)

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Flippula-Zetterberg-Hudler

BERTUZZI-WINCHESTER-ASHAM

Draper-Helm-Eaves

.........I know you didnt mean both Asham and Winchester but damned that line 3 would be brutes lol

I'd take ButtMuffin on this team. You're crazy to not want him on this team. Everyone would want him on this team. Do we need him, no, because of his cap hit; do we want him, yes, because he is very good at what he does and shows up in the playoffs.

I'd take ButtMuffin on this team. You're crazy to not want him on this team. Everyone would want him on this team. Do we need him, no, because of his cap hit; do we want him, yes, because he is very good at what he does and shows up in the playoffs.

I prefer to call him Fugly.

Yes I'd take him, but not at 3 mill. But then Chicago has been throwing money around like they forgot there was a salary cap.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Yes. We need a "Byfuglien" type on this team.

You mean Homer?

Homer had 8 more goals, 3 more assists, and was a +5 compared to -7 with 34 more PPM. That's without comparing salary.

He was in one fight this season. That doesn't make up for 34PPM.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Chicago has to clear some salary but don't expect it to be buff and even if it is don't expect him to be traded here.

lets not forget he can play forward or d so i think that he is close to being worth 3 million probably 2.75