Photo
- - - - -

"Detroit sucks" chant at Cup celebration?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

In case you were curious how obsessed the Bandwagonhawks fans are with the Red Wings, the answer is ... VERY.

#2 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

They're envious of the Detroit Red Wings success.

Chances of the Chicago Blackhawks winning another Cup anytime soon - pretty slim.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#3 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

Well, ain't that flattering. Hawk fans are just mad because they all know Detroit will win the cup 6-10 more times before they'll even get to sniff it again... 50 years from now.

#4 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

But Chicago didn't beat Detroit on the road to winning their Cup, now did they? That's got to sting a bit. Winning once is tough; winning in consecutive seasons is tougher still. Just ask our "friends" in Pittsburgh.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#5 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

But Chicago didn't beat Detroit on the road to winning their Cup, now did they? That's got to sting a bit. Winning once is tough; winning in consecutive seasons is tougher still. Just ask our "friends" in Pittsburgh.

Just ask Detroit. :( The Wings had the same problem the year before Pitt. With the Hawks offseason it should be even harder.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#6 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

The whole Chicago chanting "Detroit Sucks" all the time makes me think of the "rivalry" between brothers. The older one is obviously better and has done more with his life, and the smaller one is incredibly envious and tries to be like him. Meanwhile the younger brother thinks they're rivals and insults his brother behind his back all the time. Of course the older brother has no clue that they're supposed to be rivals, and just goes on with his life.

#7 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:22 AM

Ah, we have another fan, the chicago blackhawks! :zzz:

#8 NC WINGS FAN

NC WINGS FAN

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:28 AM

OBSESSED MUCH!!??

#9 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

lol.. cant wait til next year that's all i can say. let's see how they handle the bull's eye on them for 82 games!

#10 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

This and the obsession with Pronger is pretty funny.
When the Wings won their Cups, I know I hardly gave a second thought to their opponents once the handshakes had ended. And I can't even imagine chanting that some other team we didn't even play sucks while celebrating the win.

Awesome. Just awesome. Even in victory Detroit and Pronger are still in their heads.
:lol:

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 11 June 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#11 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

While labeling an entire fan base of any city from the idiocy of a select few is rarely accurate and pretty stupid...this is pretty sad that they are focusing so much on another team. Fun is fun but this is pretty pitiful.

#12 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:28 AM

The whole Chicago chanting "Detroit Sucks" all the time makes me think of the "rivalry" between brothers. The older one is obviously better and has done more with his life, and the smaller one is incredibly envious and tries to be like him. Meanwhile the younger brother thinks they're rivals and insults his brother behind his back all the time. Of course the older brother has no clue that they're supposed to be rivals, and just goes on with his life.

:thumbup: :clap:

I don't feel threatened by the 'Hawks or their fans. At this point, they know they haven't done anything to dethrone us.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#13 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

This is way more flattering than any other Detroit sucks chant that has happened! So cute they just can't let it be lol. Win the Cup, Detroit sucks. Expected nothing less Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#14 Lamothe

Lamothe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

Awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

When Chicago makes the playoffs for 19+ consecutive years and Detroit doesn't, we can talk about "Detroit suck[ing]."

Edited by Lamothe, 11 June 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#15 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

Just further proof how insecure the Hawks "fans" are about their team...still. Pretty pathetic when your team just won their first Cup since the 60's and all you seem to care about is how Wings fans feel about it.

#16 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

Just further proof how insecure the Hawks "fans" are about their team...still. Pretty pathetic when your team just won their first Cup since the 60's and all you seem to care about is how Wings fans feel about it.

This.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#17 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

My thoughts exactly. When the Wings won the Cup in 2008, I wasn't thinking about other teams. I wasn't thinking "Take that Chicago!" I was thinking, "We won the Cup!!! WOOOOOO!" If you just want to win so you can say "Detroit sucks", then you're not a real fan of the team.

#18 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

If anything, when we won the last cup I was thinking, "F*** you Crosby!" if only for a brief moment. Not once did I even consider Chicago... or think of Kane with his mullet and steps. Like someone said, just wait until next year when the bulls-eye is on them. :thumbup:

#19 Paolino99

Paolino99

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

Detroit Stanley Cups : 11
Chicago Stanley Cups : 4

Detroit Conference Championships: 6
Chicago Conference Championships: 2

Detroit Division Championships: 18
Chicago Division Championships: 14

They can sing all-their-life long!
When Detroit wins (often) we sing Go Detroit Go
When Chicago wins (rarely) they sing Sucks Detroit Sucks...where is the difference?

We are HOCKEY FANS
They are FRUSTRATED people....

We are HOCKEYTOWN,the rest are NOTHING!
Posted Image

#20 purebooyah

purebooyah

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

Exactly, I was just talking about this to my buddy who lives in Chicago but is a Wings fan. I love how much we're in their head that the only thing they can think of after their team wins the Cup are the Detroit Red Wings.

After the Wings won in 1997, the last thing on my mind where the Aves or even thinking about saying "The Aves suck" when asked how I felt. The entire summer I don't think I thought about them once until the next season started.