• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Octopus's Garden

"Detroit sucks" chant at Cup celebration?

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Well, ain't that flattering. Hawk fans are just mad because they all know Detroit will win the cup 6-10 more times before they'll even get to sniff it again... 50 years from now.

But Chicago didn't beat Detroit on the road to winning their Cup, now did they? That's got to sting a bit. Winning once is tough; winning in consecutive seasons is tougher still. Just ask our "friends" in Pittsburgh.

Just ask Detroit. :( The Wings had the same problem the year before Pitt. With the Hawks offseason it should be even harder.

The whole Chicago chanting "Detroit Sucks" all the time makes me think of the "rivalry" between brothers. The older one is obviously better and has done more with his life, and the smaller one is incredibly envious and tries to be like him. Meanwhile the younger brother thinks they're rivals and insults his brother behind his back all the time. Of course the older brother has no clue that they're supposed to be rivals, and just goes on with his life.

This and the obsession with Pronger is pretty funny.

When the Wings won their Cups, I know I hardly gave a second thought to their opponents once the handshakes had ended. And I can't even imagine chanting that some other team we didn't even play sucks while celebrating the win.

Awesome. Just awesome. Even in victory Detroit and Pronger are still in their heads.

:lol:

Edited by haroldsnepsts

While labeling an entire fan base of any city from the idiocy of a select few is rarely accurate and pretty stupid...this is pretty sad that they are focusing so much on another team. Fun is fun but this is pretty pitiful.

The whole Chicago chanting "Detroit Sucks" all the time makes me think of the "rivalry" between brothers. The older one is obviously better and has done more with his life, and the smaller one is incredibly envious and tries to be like him. Meanwhile the younger brother thinks they're rivals and insults his brother behind his back all the time. Of course the older brother has no clue that they're supposed to be rivals, and just goes on with his life.

:thumbup::clap:

I don't feel threatened by the 'Hawks or their fans. At this point, they know they haven't done anything to dethrone us.

Awesome. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

When Chicago makes the playoffs for 19+ consecutive years and Detroit doesn't, we can talk about "Detroit suck[ing]."

Edited by Lamothe

Just further proof how insecure the Hawks "fans" are about their team...still. Pretty pathetic when your team just won their first Cup since the 60's and all you seem to care about is how Wings fans feel about it.

My thoughts exactly. When the Wings won the Cup in 2008, I wasn't thinking about other teams. I wasn't thinking "Take that Chicago!" I was thinking, "We won the Cup!!! WOOOOOO!" If you just want to win so you can say "Detroit sucks", then you're not a real fan of the team.

If anything, when we won the last cup I was thinking, "F*** you Crosby!" if only for a brief moment. Not once did I even consider Chicago... or think of Kane with his mullet and steps. Like someone said, just wait until next year when the bulls-eye is on them. :thumbup:

Detroit Stanley Cups : 11

Chicago Stanley Cups : 4

Detroit Conference Championships: 6

Chicago Conference Championships: 2

Detroit Division Championships: 18

Chicago Division Championships: 14

They can sing all-their-life long!

When Detroit wins (often) we sing Go Detroit Go

When Chicago wins (rarely) they sing Sucks Detroit Sucks...where is the difference?

We are HOCKEY FANS

They are FRUSTRATED people....

We are HOCKEYTOWN,the rest are NOTHING!

Just further proof how insecure the Hawks "fans" are about their team...still. Pretty pathetic when your team just won their first Cup since the 60's and all you seem to care about is how Wings fans feel about it.

Exactly, I was just talking about this to my buddy who lives in Chicago but is a Wings fan. I love how much we're in their head that the only thing they can think of after their team wins the Cup are the Detroit Red Wings.

After the Wings won in 1997, the last thing on my mind where the Aves or even thinking about saying "The Aves suck" when asked how I felt. The entire summer I don't think I thought about them once until the next season started.

They do realize that the Blackhawks didn't face Detroit at any time during the playoffs, right? :rolleyes:

Dude, they don't care which is how deeply rooted their insecurity goes.

This doesn't suprise me at all, but going to one of their regular season games against the St. Louis Blues and hearing them chant "Detroit Sucks" before the puck dropped? Little more suprising...

Whatever, it just means we're good!

It's like what Ted Lindsay said about being booed on the road, it means you're doing your job. You never want to be cheered on the road.

lol, did anyone watch the clip "Blackhawks Stanley Cup Celebration -Unedited"? 0:42 into it, the TV dude called the "2nd Period" the "2nd Quarter".

But Chicago didn't beat Detroit on the road to winning their Cup, now did they? That's got to sting a bit. Winning once is tough; winning in consecutive seasons is tougher still. Just ask our "friends" in Pittsburgh.

Yep, and Joel still hasn't beat us either.

I congratulate them, it's good for hockey when any Original 6 wins the cup. I will also enjoy watching them implode from the cap too.