Photo
- - - - -

"Detroit sucks" chant at Cup celebration?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:26 AM

insecure Hawks "fans"

Just flow together beautifully. Well said.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#22 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

I'll take this one from Pedro Martinez, " At least they know who their Daddy is". I'll leave it at that!

#23 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

They do realize that the Blackhawks didn't face Detroit at any time during the playoffs, right? :rolleyes:

#24 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:20 PM

They do realize that the Blackhawks didn't face Detroit at any time during the playoffs, right? :rolleyes:

Dude, they don't care which is how deeply rooted their insecurity goes.

This doesn't suprise me at all, but going to one of their regular season games against the St. Louis Blues and hearing them chant "Detroit Sucks" before the puck dropped? Little more suprising...

#25 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

Whatever, it just means we're good!

It's like what Ted Lindsay said about being booed on the road, it means you're doing your job. You never want to be cheered on the road.

lol, did anyone watch the clip "Blackhawks Stanley Cup Celebration -Unedited"? 0:42 into it, the TV dude called the "2nd Period" the "2nd Quarter".
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#26 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

But Chicago didn't beat Detroit on the road to winning their Cup, now did they? That's got to sting a bit. Winning once is tough; winning in consecutive seasons is tougher still. Just ask our "friends" in Pittsburgh.

Yep, and Joel still hasn't beat us either.

I congratulate them, it's good for hockey when any Original 6 wins the cup. I will also enjoy watching them implode from the cap too.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#27 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

Just further proof how insecure the Hawks "fans" are about their team...still. Pretty pathetic when your team just won their first Cup since the 60's and all you seem to care about is how Wings fans feel about it.

you could say threads like these are just further proof how insecure the wings fans are too

Posted Image

#28 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

you could say threads like these are just further proof how insecure the wings fans are too

and you could also say posts like these futher show you are more troll than wing fan.=) just saying. i still love ya bro.=)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#29 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

Great quote from the TSN article on the parade:

Alex Manley, 18, of West Chicago wore a feathered headdress and admitted to being new to Blackhawks fandom.

"I love bandwagons. They're the best," Manley said. "You get to dress up, it's great."

:lol:

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#30 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

And you guys wonder why Wings' fans who know told you nubs to stop rooting for and congratulating the scumbag Blackhawks.

#31 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

That's pathetic. They win the Stanley Cup and they're still thinking about us instead of their own frigging team? :rolleyes:

Chicago is like a creepy obsessed old girlfriend that won't go away.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#32 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

I feel a little bad for chicago because its a lot like someone winning the Masters without Tiger Woods there. Chicago won the Cup but didnt have to go through the Wings. It would be on my mind, thats all Im saying ;)
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#33 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Great quote from the TSN article on the parade:

:lol:

Story of Blackhawks fandom.

Posted Image

#34 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

LOL @ all the Wings "fans" rooting for the hawks.

I love how s***cago returns the love every chance they get...

#35 DetroitBoy313

DetroitBoy313

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

I feel a little bad for chicago because its a lot like someone winning the Masters without Tiger Woods there. Chicago won the Cup but didnt have to go through the Wings. It would be on my mind, thats all Im saying ;)

Yeah but you do realize they swept the team that beat the Detroit Red Wings in 5 games.But whatever,this is why I didn't want Chicago to win,call me a liar but I knew they'd be chanting Detroit Sucks either out on the streets celebrating or at their parade,that's how much they hate us.I hate them and wish Philly would've won the cup.But I will say this....I don't think they'll go through a long drought.I have a feeling Chicago is here to stay,I hate to admit it but they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
"Detroit is Detroit. They are the envy of every sports franchise that there is." Ė Ed Olczyk

"It takes a perfect game to beat those guys" - Chicago Blackhawks defesemen Brian Campbell on the Detroit Red Wings.

"I donít like being restricted. I like being able to go out and get what you can get." - Mike Ilitch on the NHL salary cap.

#36 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

Awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

When Chicago makes the playoffs for 19+ consecutive years and Detroit doesn't, we can talk about "Detroit suck[ing]."

Uh, didn't Chicago have a record of like 30 years straight of making the playoffs til like the late 90s?

#37 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Chicago is like a creepy obsessed old girlfriend that won't go away.

They totally dug their key into the side of our pretty little souped up four wheel drive. Carved their name into the leather seats. Took a Synergy 19 to both headlights. Slashed a hole in all four tires. Maybe next time we'll think before we cheat on them with San Jose.

#38 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Do you guys really care that much?
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#39 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Do you guys really care that much?

I probably would have cared alot of I was born n raised in detroit/michigan and perhaps felt the rivalry in real... now i just hate kane, campbell, hossa etc for obvious reasons...but the city of chicago or their fans.. couldn't care less

Edited by mindfly, 11 June 2010 - 06:12 PM.

#40 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

I probably would have cared alot of I was born n raised in detroit/michigan and perhaps felt the rivalry in real... now i just hate kane, campbell, hossa etc for obvious reasons...but the city of chicago or their fans.. couldn't care less

Yeah, I mean I see how people can find it funny, but it seems like some RW Fans are getting very upset about it. To me, it just makes me even more proud to root for a team, where this dosen't happen, because winning is expected, not a miracle.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club