• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Tollefsen headed to Sweden

Rate this topic

The Detroit Red Wings submitted a qualifying offer for restricted free agent defenseman Ole-Kristian Tollefsen, whom they receive in the Ville Leino trade. But Tollefsen, who currently plays in the Swedish league with MoDo, has no plans to return to the NHL.

He tells hockeykanalen.se (translated by Michigan Live), "I have declined the contract. It's a bad offer so I won't sign it. But they've sent a contract offer so it gives them the rights to me as a player for two years. But I would not go over now, and I will play for MoDo."

Tollefsen might stay in Sweden for the next two seasons while the Wings still have his rights. From there, he could test the NHL free agent market as an unrestricted free agent.[/Quote]

From ESPN.com Insider

Guest CaliWingsNut

Exactly... and with the way we draft late... that 5th could end up being something huge...

Wishful thinking.

There was also a 5th round pick in the deal, and we still have Tollesfsen's rights, if he decides to come back.

True on the pick, that worked out alright. But I think Tollefsen is gone. I doubt he wants to spend time in the AHL when he could sign with a terrible team and play in the NHL in two years after our rights are gone, never accomplishing anything. Like a BOSS.

Edited by Lamothe

Exactly... and with the way we draft late... that 5th could end up being something huge...

5th rounder is still a 5th rounder. Just because we've drafted good at late picks in the past doesn't make that 5th rounder basically any valuable. We could've gotten a 4th rounder for example, which is always better.

We have good scouting yes, but that doesn't really make that trade look any better to me.

5th rounder is still a 5th rounder. Just because we've drafted good at late picks in the past doesn't make that 5th rounder basically any valuable. We could've gotten a 4th rounder for example, which is always better.

We have good scouting yes, but that doesn't really make that trade look any better to me.

wait to completely disregard my follow up post...

I said could... I didn't say count on it... but if you really want to brake it down to brass tacks, Leino was a FA signing, so even with Tolle gone, we basically got a 5th round pick for free...

wait to completely disregard my follow up post...

I was talking about the trade value of 5th round pick. It doesn't make it any higher even if we have great scouting. It's still a 5th rounder and sure, it COULD end being another Datsyuk or Zetterberg. If we had a 4th rounder the chance is even greater though. It isn't like we only draft good players with late picks.

Our scouting can make the trade look better, but as said, the trade was still basically Leino -> 5th round draft pick. Leino's potential - even if he sucked at the time - was more valuable than an average 5th rounder back when the trade happened, that's the point. You could say that we got something out of nothing as Leino was FA signing. But if you only look at that trade, it is what it is. The fact that we draft well can chance the final outcome, but it still doesn't make that trade any better.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest Lidstromboli

He was brilliant in Grand Rapids. Much better than Kindl.

Maybe you should watch a player before commenting on him, eh?

he's just one of the very few players who has excelled in the ahl

There was also a 5th round pick in the deal, and we still have Tollesfsen's rights, if he decides to come back.

The guy had one point in 16 games in the AHL. Something tells me the Wings won't miss him.

Welp, we got Leino for nothing, and we traded him for nothing. I guess we broke even.

We also got a 5th round pick.

he's just one of the very few players who has excelled in the ahl

Based on his NHL play that's the most likely reasoning.

He was brilliant in Grand Rapids. Much better than Kindl.

Maybe you should watch a player before commenting on him, eh?

OR.... now hear me out, I know it's a maverick idea and all....

I can voice my opinion like everyone else and people like you can make witty remarks to boost your epeen?

LOL, he sucks and is a toolbag.

That's because you're looking at the trade after Leino exploded offensively. The fact remains that he played his way out of Detroit (which sucks because if it weren't for the cap they could have waited longer on him) and was a healthy scratch most of the time in Philly. He didn't even play all the games in the playoffs-- he only got on the roster because of an injury.

No one predicted he'd explode offensively and if they knew he was going to he wouldn't have spent so much time as a healthy scratch both here and in Philly.

OR.... now hear me out, I know it's a maverick idea and all....

I can voice my opinion like everyone else and people like you can make witty remarks to boost your epeen?

LOL, he sucks and is a toolbag.

OR how about you actually back up your opinion instead of making short crap posts like "hes a tool anyway"?

The quality of posting on here has slowly declined over the the last couple of years and short, worthless posts like that add nothing to the discussion.

"LOL"

That's because you're looking at the trade after Leino exploded offensively. The fact remains that he played his way out of Detroit (which sucks because if it weren't for the cap they could have waited longer on him) and was a healthy scratch most of the time in Philly. He didn't even play all the games in the playoffs-- he only got on the roster because of an injury.

No one predicted he'd explode offensively and if they knew he was going to he wouldn't have spent so much time as a healthy scratch both here and in Philly.

No, like I said: Leino sucked at the time of the trade, but his potential was still worth more than a 5th rounder. You knew about his potential as well.

Is an average 5th rounder NHL-caliber player? Because Leino always had the potential to be one and it seems like he finally is one.

I suggested that we'd somehow kept him as the 13th forward, because he had the potential even though he sucked at the time. It was pretty impossible due the cap, but that doesn't make the trade look any better IMO.

OR how about you actually back up your opinion instead of making short crap posts like "hes a tool anyway"?

The quality of posting on here has slowly declined over the the last couple of years and short, worthless posts like that add nothing to the discussion.

"LOL"

That's the beauty of freedom of speech, I can simply say, He's a tool anyway, and that's all I have to say.

LOL!

I forgot to mention, You have no idea what or who I have watched or am watching to formulate my brutish, but direct statements. Don't jump to ridiculous accusations concerning people's background when you chided me for doing what you yourself have done.

Now then, let's have a cuppa and call it even, mate.

Edited by 2guns

Guest Lidstromboli
and was a healthy scratch most of the time in Philly.
he was only scratched for 4-5 regular season games with the Flyers (right after he was traded)