• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Tollefsen headed to Sweden

Rate this topic

he was only scratched for 4-5 regular season games with the Flyers (right after he was traded)

And like Laviolette said, he didn't wanna took a risk by chancing a winning lineup. It had little do with effort by him, but I truly believe Laviolette didn't see the potential there right away. I can't blame him. I don't think I would have taken the risk either.

No, like I said: Leino sucked at the time of the trade, but his potential was still worth more than a 5th rounder. You knew about his potential as well.

Not that much more because no one would offer more. Additionally, the Wings didn't have the luxury of waiting for his potential to meet reality. The Wings were in a hard spot and HAD to clear cap space. Who do you logically get rid of? The guy who can't get sent down because he would be picked up by another team (lost for nothing and Wings owe on his salary) and who has been a fairly constant scratch because of his play. It would have been nice if the Wings had had the luxury to wait for his potential to reach fruition but it would have also been nice for the Wings if there were no cap and they could sign as many guys as they wanted to whatever salary they wanted. That was not the reality though.

It was pretty impossible due the cap, but that doesn't make the trade look any better IMO.

I think it does make it look better - they HAD to do something and out of available and realistic choices this was the best they could do. It makes it good considering the circumstances.

The reason we got trade Leino was more to open up cap room then anything. At the time we traded him he didn't look too great but a different scenery did make a difference in his case. We got a 5th for him so it's not that bad.

We had no intention in keeping Tollefsen for NHL duties IMO.

I said could... I didn't say count on it... but if you really want to brake it down to brass tacks, Leino was a FA signing, so even with Tolle gone, we basically got a 5th round pick for free...

Ville was in our system so if you keep it broken down to brass tacks...Ville was ours and we traded him for Tolle, Tolle is now gone so we traded Ville Leino away for a 5th? I dont like the sound of that too much lol

Edited by 13dangledangle

No, like I said: Leino sucked at the time of the trade, but his potential was still worth more than a 5th rounder. You knew about his potential as well.

Is an average 5th rounder NHL-caliber player? Because Leino always had the potential to be one and it seems like he finally is one.

I suggested that we'd somehow kept him as the 13th forward, because he had the potential even though he sucked at the time. It was pretty impossible due the cap, but that doesn't make the trade look any better IMO.

You have to look at in the context of the trade. He was either getting traded or being waived. We weren't in any position to make demands. So from our perspective it was either get something or get nothing.

In that context, it was a win-win trade.

Was he ever seriously going to make it to Detroit anyhow? There's the trade, Tollefsen plus our first rounder to Boston for the #15 pick... No? Shoot I dont know! I really dont care about him, he'd spend two more years in GRR with the ocasional call up (maybe) then move on somewhere else, may as well go now. No sweat off our backs.

In hindsight, Darren Helm, Kris Versteeg, Mike Brown, Lee Stepniak, Brad Richardson, James Wisniewski, Kyle Wellwood, Travis Moen & John Michael Lyles were all 5th round picks respectively, would any of those type guys be fair trade for Leino if Holland scores in the 5th round? Draft is a gamble, but those are all good examples of 5th round picks that worked out, plus there are plenty of even later round picks in the last 10 years that would be worth trading Leino for...

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest CaliWingsNut

That's the beauty of freedom of speech, I can simply say, He's a tool anyway, and that's all I have to say.

LOL!

I forgot to mention, You have no idea what or who I have watched or am watching to formulate my brutish, but direct statements. Don't jump to ridiculous accusations concerning people's background when you chided me for doing what you yourself have done.

Now then, let's have a cuppa and call it even, mate.

umm... yes, the first amendment allows you to look like the biggest retard on earth. Congrats on testing it.

As to your education level or experience, neither matter to me. I could give a rat's ass if your Gordie Howe. Calling random player a tool without providing reasoning in public just wastes both our time (me as reader, you as writer).

As to the trade....

I don't think a 5th for Leino was fair, he showed he was capable of much more on an NHL level in 2008-09. Something about the team and him personally didn't mesh. However, with Tollefsen actually panning out, I would have taken it. Holland just got a bum deal with Tollefsen wanting to stay in Europe and play in a mediocre league for more money than an NHL recruit.

LeftWinger - How many 5ths didn't make it? :)

umm... yes, the first amendment allows you to look like the biggest retard on earth. Congrats on testing it.

As to your education level or experience, neither matter to me. I could give a rat's ass if your Gordie Howe. Calling random player a tool without providing reasoning in public just wastes both our time (me as reader, you as writer).

As to the trade....

I don't think a 5th for Leino was fair, he showed he was capable of much more on an NHL level in 2008-09. Something about the team and him personally didn't mesh. However, with Tollefsen actually panning out, I would have taken it. Holland just got a bum deal with Tollefsen wanting to stay in Europe and play in a mediocre league for more money than an NHL recruit.

LeftWinger - How many 5ths didn't make it? :)

Calling someone mentally challenged on a public forum shows the kind of individual you are as well, my main man.

Good job. :thumbup:

Loads of emos round these parts, sheesh. I'm done with all this drama, way to be a place to talk about the Wings without all the drama... oh wait.

I agree with LeftWinger. Did anyone really expect Tollefsen to play regularly on the Red Wings? I think everyone needs to stop bitching about the Leino trade because there's nothing anyone can do about it now. The guy waited until deep in the playoffs to finally try to make an impression on his team and the league and the Wings still got a 5th round pick instead of nothing. If you want to complain about something, complain about the cap. That's the real reason he's gone.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Calling someone mentally challenged on a public forum shows the kind of individual you are as well, my main man.

Good job. :thumbup:

Loads of emos round these parts, sheesh. I'm done with all this drama, way to be a place to talk about the Wings without all the drama... oh wait.

Watch out for the door on the way out.

Drama. Ha! On an internet forum??? Someone inform the internet police!!

For the record... Retard does not necessarily mean mentally challenged. However, you like to assume, don't you. In either case, I believe it fits you.

Princeton definition of Retard:

Noun

Verb

• S: (v) retard (cause to move more slowly or operate at a slower rate) "This drug will retard your heart rate"
  • S: (v) retard (be delayed)
  • S: (v) check, retard, delay (slow the growth or development of) "The brain damage will retard the child's language development"
  • S: (v) decelerate, slow, slow down, slow up, retard (lose velocity; move more slowly) "The car decelerated"