• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Leafs changing jersey; naming Phaneuf captain

Rate this topic

I don't know how ppl can say this is a bad move. The leafs have been captainless ever since Sundin left and it seems like there is absolutely noone taking leadership in that room.

Phaneuf is a young guy who has a norris nomination to his name, will lay his body on the line to win, sticks up for his teammates, and has the potential to be one of the better defenseman of his era.

He might be overhyped, but he is still a good player, people on this site refuse to acknowledge that for some reason because they don't like him. Noone knows how he is in the room so maybe he is a leader in the room as well.

Good choice by the leafs to finally name a captain.

I don't know how ppl can say this is a bad move. The leafs have been captainless ever since Sundin left and it seems like there is absolutely noone taking leadership in that room.

Phaneuf is a young guy who has a norris nomination to his name, will lay his body on the line to win, sticks up for his teammates, and has the potential to be one of the better defenseman of his era.

He might be overhyped, but he is still a good player, people on this site refuse to acknowledge that for some reason because they don't like him. Noone knows how he is in the room so maybe he is a leader in the room as well.

Good choice by the leafs to finally name a captain.

But is he really the guy you want dealing with the scrutiny of the Toronto media? He doesn't strike me as particularly intelligent or articulate, and can appear uncomfortable in interviews.

IMHO the new Leaf sweaters look great...Since Fathers Day is right around the corner :rolleyes:

As for Dion not being the most comfortable in front of a room full of people - I kinda remember a fella with the initials S.Y. who kinda came across akward as well...What matters most is in the locker room, and on the ice.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that you need to be eloquent etc. to be a good leader - I was just raising the issue that he doesn't always seem comfortable in interviews, but will be the centre of huge media attention. It will be interesting to see how he reacts.

So I heard on the radio today Burke thinks the Leafs can be contending for a Cup in 5 years... Realistically it's more like contending for a playoff spot in 5 years.

Burke is turning into one of those people, who when they talk, I just tune them out. He's full of it!

Didn't take him too long to prove himself in Anaheim..

Yea but the team was in place, all he had to do was make a few moves. He's starting from scratch in Toronto, and already pissed away two 1st round draft picks.