Photo
- - - - -

Help save a Yale Women's Hockey player...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IILeiBlazeII

IILeiBlazeII

Top-Tier Double Backup

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

Don't know if this should go in the Water Cooler or not, as it tangentially has something to do with hockey, but I guess if it needs to be moved, a mod can do so...

Basically, this girl who plays/played for Yale's Women's Hockey Team needs either a near-perfect bone marrow donor or a stem cell donor (like if someone is having a baby and they donate the umbilical cord), or she's gonna go with a 9-10 match that may end poorly. *I* only heard about it from a re-tweet that good ol' Shanny posted on Twitter. I guess the complicated part is heritage plays a big part in it, and this girl is of German/Russian decent. I won't try to pretend I know a damned thing about medicine, so I'll just throw up the link:

http://nhl.fanhouse....-mandi-schwartz

Again, I'm in no way related to this girl, but I figure Red Wing fans are some of the best people in the world, and if we could fly some complete stranger from South America to see a Wings game in Detroit, maybe we can make a difference here, too.

Maybe each of my fingers is an undulating shrimp! It's a world of possibilities.

#2 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

@ToddMilewski
We regret to inform that Mandi Schwartz passed away at 10:35 am PST surrounded by her wonderful family, fiance and friends

:(

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

TSN.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#4 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend