• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey13Playa

Chris Chelios

Rate this topic

So tonight I went to Detroit to watch the tigers play the Pirates. They played good and had a solid win 6-1. After the game I was headed out to Cheli's bar where I saw Chris Chelios! I went up to him and talked to him for a few minutes and I got a picture with him! The main reason I started this topic was because of a specific question I asked him.. If he is coming back next year. His response was " No I don't think so. Its that time, enough is enough and I don't feel I have anything left". So as it appears he is retiring and his career is coming to a close. Sad to see, I didn't expect that response from him at all. What's everyones thoughts/opinions/comments...?

I should of asked him what his plans were if he continued to stay with hockey in some form, but I was a little buzzed so I didn't even think that. But hes a really chill guy. Definetly cool and not cocky or antyhing. I wish however he'd still play and continue to break records for being the oldest, most games, etc etc etc.

I should of asked him what his plans were if he continued to stay with hockey in some form, but I was a little buzzed so I didn't even think that. But hes a really chill guy. Definetly cool and not cocky or antyhing. I wish however he'd still play and continue to break records for being the oldest, most games, etc etc etc.

He said he was going to leave that record to Gordie.

Its gonna be weird not seeing Cheli in an NHL uniform :(

I agree :(

I feel as if the next wave of NHL stars wont bring the same memories and intensity to the sport. Seeing all the Yzerman's, Sakic's, Brodeur's, Leetch's etc are gone, I miss that era...

He had nothing more to prove -- cup winner, sure-fire hall of famer, Norris trophy winner; you name it, and Cheli's done it. Loved watching him play for the Wings for all the years we had him.

he never got a hat trick :P

I agree :(

I feel as if the next wave of NHL stars wont bring the same memories and intensity to the sport. Seeing all the Yzerman's, Sakic's, Brodeur's, Leetch's etc are gone, I miss that era...

That's what's worrying me too :( I miss guys like Shanahan,Hatcher,Roberts,Probert,Kocur, and all the old-time hell raisers.Chelios was a classic.

Definitely in my top 5. I am glad I got to meet him, gotta love meeting class act athletes. Especially after watching him for so many years.

Just out of curiousity, who would you put ahead of him. I think I'd put him at 4 behind Kane, Hull and Modano. Just kidding. 3rd behind the latter 2.

Guest Lidstromboli

i'd put kane at #1

Edited by Lidstromboli

Just out of curiousity, who would you put ahead of him. I think I'd put him at 4 behind Kane, Hull and Modano. Just kidding. 3rd behind the latter 2.

I have to put Modano at number one. He has been my favorite NHL player for a while so as follows,

1. Mike Modano

2. Brett Hull

3. Chris Chelios

4. Mike Richter

5. Keith Tkachuk**

Ok so top 3 then, not 5. But those are my top 5.

** I could swap this one out with a few players. It was a hard choice to make.

i'd put kane at #1

Haha :hehe:

besides his immaturity and what he did. I kinda like him, I think that hes a really good player. I think once he actually matures from a boy to a man he will gain a little more respect.

:ph34r:

This is so stupid and I know this is just a message board and I'm not really ripping you for it, but that has got to be one of my top 3 grammatical pet peeves of all time - the improper use of the word seen...

I'm sorry, this thread has been driving me nuts and I had to reply...

I will now stop nitpicking and you may all return to topics relevant to the discussion :)

Sorry lol. I try to keep my grammar good for the most part, but I do make mistakes. The night I typed that I was a little intoxicated as well. I am most positive that didn't help the cause. :unsure:

Guest Lidstromboli

1. Modano

2. Chelios

3. Leetch

4. Lafontaine

5. Housley or Howe

maybe Mullen too. i guess Hull would count as an American too but whatever

Edited by Lidstromboli

He had nothing more to prove -- cup winner, sure-fire hall of famer, Norris trophy winner; you name it, and Cheli's done it. Loved watching him play for the Wings for all the years we had him.

I think that for Cheli it was probably his inability to stay in Atlanta after his call-up that probably broke his spirit... that must have been pretty hard for him to realize how far he's fallen from his peak play.

haha, well played... sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread...

I met him once for just a minute at Cheli's and he seemed pretty cool... I would love to see him eventually brought on here in a coaching role, the guy has more hockey smarts in his pinky than most in their entire body...

Haha thanks, I had to add a little fuel to the fire. But no big deal its on track now.

Yeah he was totally cool, and really chill. I am kicking myself now for not asking him if he plans to stay in the hockey business as coach or something along those lines. It would be totally cool to see him up next to Bab's serving as the Defense coach. He would make a hell of a coach and would do wonders for our Defense I think.