• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Do NHL Players Read Forums?

Rate this topic

Do you guys think NHL players read forums like LGW and all and if they do, do you guys think they actually discuss without us knowing who they are?

If they do actually discuss why wouldn't or don't they give themselves out?

Guest scottj

I doubt they actually read the message boards. I'm sure every once in a while they may get curious and want to see what people are saying about them if they're not too sure about their status here, but I can't really think of a reason as to why they would want to read a message board... why would they care what a bunch of jack offs have to say about hockey when they can just go to the locker room n talk to actual NHLers about it? lol

and if they do discuss, they probably won't give themselves out cause their inbox will 'splode everywhere

now... Red Wings marketing or maybe even Red Wings brass may take a gander here every once in a while. I know I would... but that's just cause I have a vast understanding in sports franchise marketing ;) gimmejobz

didnt somebody post here claiming to be Osgood a season or 2 ago? He made it clear that this was the only post he was replying to and saod something along the lines about not signing autographs when the family was present? I think he signed off with "Ozzie"

Guest Shoreline

You all see my smile upside down. I'm actually pissed at every one of you. -- Hudler

Would we believe them if they did?

I bet it's a lot more likely that friends or family read and pass the interesting stuff on to them.

It's probably even more likely that they pay no attention. If they did, can you even imagine how they would feel? Here you get someone who scores a timely goal, and all people around here can say is, "About time. He's lazy and he sucks. Sure, he scores a goal but what about at 2:45 in the 3rd period a week ago last Monday when he turned the puck over? Huh? How about that?"

If I were an NHL player, I'd either stay far away or come in and play with people mercilessly.

Agree with most of posters but is it me or was it last year that Ovechkin came out and said " I see what are fans are writting about us but don't worry we will win this series" or something like that.

There are times when I think it would be cool if some of the Wings read this board......then there's other times when I'm glad they don't. I mean, half of them would hang themselves if they read what some people here have to say about them. Just sad.

Can anyone pay my plane fare to Russia? -- Lebda

Fixed.

Nevermind, I forgot his demands are too high. Apparently they couldn't reach middle ground between paying him a bag of pucks and 6 sticks when his demand was 4 bags, 12 sticks, and some big league chew.

I'm sure they some do. Hell some have twitters, why not browse a message board that is directly related to your current job and career.

Hey Sid.

:ph34r:

But seriously I think players who read boards and such before they made it big, would still check them out.

I certainly would.

I think a lot of you guys would be surprised to learn how many low and high profile players browse message boards and fan sites. It's not like 'the old days' when you had to be tied to a PC in order to browse the web. Everyone can literally have the internet their pocket. It's naive to believe that hockey players, for some ungodly reason, are somehow above lurking a message board. A lot of people like to put hockey players on this high pedestal, like they are above getting involved in message boards. I can only lol at that notion.

I'm not gonna get into a big name dropping tangent... but trust me, a lot of them do. It's no different than a movie star listening to critics. They downplay what critics think... but they read.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest CaliWingsNut

Last thing they'd do is reveal themselves. It would cause way too many problems for them. At the very least they would have to switch accounts after.

I'd bet quite a few regularly stalk the boards. It's one thing for the coach to rip you a new one, but it's another thing entirely to hear your fans do it (and vice versa for praise).

There's also the possibility that it's legally against their contracts. Brashear started a blog in the past, but got shut down. The teams very likely don't want the players going off the reservation (for image issues) when it comes to the media or internet.

Damn, everyone took my joke of pretending to be a player. FAIL!!! :ranting:

OT: I think a few players do, but I doubt more than 50% read the forums. They are probably too busy telling their twitter managers what to put up there. Except, Lilja, he manages his own twitter!

lilja says he browses LGW. When I got a chance to chat a little with him I asked if he ever gets time to read the forums such as LGW and he said that he actually does visit.

Post, I am sure never. But I think players browse, wouldn't you?

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5

I must break you

-Andreas Lilja-

lilja says he browses LGW. When I got a chance to chat a little with him I asked if he ever gets time to read the forums such as LGW and he said that he actually does visit.

Post, I am sure never. But I think players browse, wouldn't you?

I may have understated my involvement with LGW when I talked to you that day.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest scottj

but that's just cause I have a vast understanding in sports franchise marketing ;) gimmejobz

seriously... gimmejobz

lol

but in all seriousness, I'm goin to school for business with a focus on accounting and I think being an accountant for Illitch n co. would be pretty siiiick