• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

Did the Hawks get a little lucky?

Rate this topic

I thought Wings fans would be better then this. Winning the Cup is the hardest thing to do in Sports. The Hawks earned it. They were clearly the best team in the league all year and proved it. For all the people freaking out about the CAP get over it. You act as the Hawks won't be able to contend. We all know they will lose some quality players, but they will still be very VERY good. Beach, Skille coming up. Olsen, Lalonde down the road. Good drafting is the key to fighting the cap and the Hawks have been very good at drafting lately much like the Wings. Chicago won and deserved it. They will be good for a long time as long as they have Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, and Bolland as their core.

Ummm…. yeah. Most of us are saying that the OP is an idiot. But have fun with that core of "Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, and Bolland". At least one of your core won't be there next year. Prolly two. :) Enjoy your Cup- you earned it… and it may be awhile.

Ummm…. yeah. Most of us are saying that the OP is an idiot. But have fun with that core of "Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, and Bolland". At least one of your core won't be there next year. Prolly two. :) Enjoy your Cup- you earned it… and it may be awhile.

If you think any of those guys listed aren't going to be on the Blackhawks next season, you're going to be pretty dissapointed.

The best player you could hope for the Hawks losing this offseason would be Patrick Sharp or Hjalmarsson, and both of those are pretty unlikely to be gone. They're going to be losing the likes of Ladd/Versteeg/Byfuglien/Niemi/Madden/Sopel etc etc.

They'll almost definitely still have Kane and Toews on the first line, Hossa and Sharp on the second line, and the foursome of Keith/Seabrook/Hjalmarsson/Campbell on D.

And if they do lose Niemi, they'll have plenty of young pieces coming back for other guys that could be used to get a goalie like Carey Price, who is most likely better than Niemi anyways.

People need to stop acting like the Hawks are going to lose core players this offseason. They're not.

I disagree. I think when GM's could buy a team it was a lot easier to maintain the depth to just overpower a team. Luc Robataille on the 4th line didn't hurt.

It seems to me that games are just getting tighter, but maybe that's just me.

Yeah, Detroit didn't get any lucky bounces that year. :ph34r:

I agree that they had a much easier path to the Cup than any other team in recent memory, they looked lost in the first round against Nashville, and if not for Hossa's OT winner they would have gone into an 0-3 hole and likely been done. After the first round upsets in the East, it was a safe bet that whoever came out of the West would win.

Yes, the Hawks are a good team, no, I don't think they were the best team, just the best team left at the end.

I don't see how you guys are saying the hawks were so lucky and had an easy path to the cup. and chicago IS the deepest team in the NHL currently, until July 1st when we see who all they can keep. but saying Nashville - Vancouver - San Jose - Philly is an easy path to the cup is crazy. that's harder than Nashville - Columbus - Dallas - Pittsburgh I think it was in 2007-08 when the wings won. But both teams in any case earned their path to the cup by finishing in high seeds in the regular season.

Yeah, Detroit didn't get any lucky bounces that year. :ph34r:

it's not luck when the opposing goaltender is a sieve! :siren: :siren: :siren: