Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Kindl

Howard

Osgood

looks like a championship squad to me.

Edited by blueadams

Hindsight is 20/20, my friend. Besides, Kopecky still sucks and Leino played himself out of Detroit and his attitude didn't help either. I think we'll all soon forget about the Leino trade once Hudler is back. I have a feeling that he's going to surprise a lot of naysayers.

That lineup looks softer than butter.

Leino's surge is partly from playing with a tougher lineup in Philly, and Kopecky could never play without his b/f Hossa.

Is that best friend or boy friend?

...this would've work cap-wise

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Filppula-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Helm-Cleary

Leino-Abdelkader-Kopecky

Draper

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Kindl

Howard

Osgood

looks like a championship squad to me.

As has been already stated and as will probably be stated to you plenty in future posts...Leino played himself out of here with lack of production, etc., whether it was "fair" or not. Kopecky probably would still have a hard time getting top-line minutes still. More power to them for doing better elsewhere but they still probably wouldn't get much time here.

On a side note, it's another blueadams line combo thread, so do the following below...

:beerbuddy:

:chug:

:drunk:

Guest Heaten

Leino was useless here and had to go. Lucky for Leino he played on a tough line in Philly which helped Leino. He'd still be useless here, thus, he had to go.

Kopeckey??!? Seriously? :blink:

That bum is grossly overpaid. Kopecky for $1.5 mil or Berttuzzi for $1.5 million? You decide.

Only mistake Holland made was signing Jason Williams. Then again, Williams was coming off a 47 point season. *If* he played to the same potential, he'd been considered a 'steal'.

Can't fault Kenny on anything. After all, Red Wings have never missed the playoffs, plus he won the Stanley Cups a couple times with the Detroit Red Wings under his watch.

Kenny Holland continues to keep this organization cup contenders year after year after year after....

I asked this question in the latest Tomas Kopecky thread but it's actually more relevant in here so I'll re-post it...

Who would win in a Boggle tournament...Tomas Kopecky or Ville Leino?

English, Finnish, or Slovak Edition?

Ok, then by that estimation every GM who's ever let a guy go who produce more with his new team is a bonehead too. Get real, some guys aren't fits in certain places or need a fresh start somewhere. Dan Cleary says hello... just not this past season.

Guest Four

Anyone notice a trend how every player that leaves the wings plays better? Look at Quincey, Sammy, Kopecky, Leino.. all of them!

Anyone notice a trend how every player that leaves the wings plays better? Look at Quincey, Sammy, Kopecky, Leino.. all of them!

Somewhere in French Canada, Martin Lapointe is lifting weights and grooming his beard, wondering what happened to his career ever since he left Detroit.

Although, he did get paid big bucks by Boston, so maybe it wasn't a total failure for him.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Kopecky blows, Leino obviously wasn't producing here

The simple and correct answer.

As has been already stated and as will probably be stated to you plenty in future posts...Leino played himself out of here with lack of production, etc., whether it was "fair" or not. Kopecky probably would still have a hard time getting top-line minutes still. More power to them for doing better elsewhere but they still probably wouldn't get much time here.

On a side note, it's another blueadams line combo thread, so do the following below...

:beerbuddy:

:chug:

:drunk:

I'm really proud that I started the blueadams line combo drinking game. :hehe:

Kopecky and Quincy ive always thought were the worst mistakes letting them go, Leino was alright with the Wings skill wise but had zero heart and i was glad when we got rid of him, sure he played good for the Flyers but it seemed if he didnt get the Mins he wanted or whatever with the Wings he didnt try.

Yes Holland has been making some mistakes recently; but not because of Kopecky.

Leino was a bad move because he should have tried to get more or at least wait for the team to comeback.

Giving out NTC like they are candy and signing, Cleary/Draper/Rafalski to just bad contracts

Letting Quincey go to keep Chelios

This falls on Babcock but replacing Abbey in the finals a few years ago after he scored 2 goals in 2 games

Lastly for signing Williams again

Those have been his faults, but I still would venture to say that is far less then probably EVERY other GM in the league, let's just hope he learns from them.

DRINK!

No, we are better off without them. In fairness to Koko, he never finished a season here without a season-ending injury, so who knew he could score a goal in the playoffs? He looked great, and I'm proud of him, but that OT goal was coming off being a healthy scratch and being back due to Ladd's injury.

I still like Koko, but not enough to spend his current salary on him.

Edited by 55fan

Pretty much everything has been said, but when I was looking up Kopecky's stats, I was reminded just how big he is. 6'3" 200+ lbs.

How the hell does a guy that size get knocked around so damn much??

Number one: Ice is slippery...