• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

The Next Wave

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I have high hopes that zetterberg will return to form next season...starting in traverse city.

More or less all of may off, good training during the summer, marriage a month before training camp... hopefully he becomes "settled down" in the good way.

Edited by mindfly

How good would that be?

TBH I'm not sure what to make of Andersson, I've got no expectations of him for this upcoming season, so anything he produces will be encouraging. Seems like he's got a good attitude though which is good, and given he was often only receiving 10 mins per game in Sweden, he shouldn't have any troubles adapting with the Griffins where he'll likely get a bigger role.

Can't wait to see Mursak again next season, hopefully he can continue to build on the platform he set this season.

I don't know what to make of Andersson either. He's big and looked decent in the world juniors. He seemed fairly physical and overall looked like a good player but he doesnt seem to put up a lot of numbers.

Mursak looked so good back with Belleville in the OHL and well Tatar is Tatar, I think they are potential 80 point guys in the NHL.

Guest blueadams

Here's how I see the team in five years, assuming no external additions are made (not going to happen! lol)...

FORWARDS:

Filppula(26)-Datsyuk(31)-Franzen(30)

Hudler(26)-Zetterberg(29)-Cleary(31)

Tatar(19)-Helm(23)-Ferraro(18)

Nyquist(20)/Ritola(23)/Miller(26)-Abdelkader(23)/Emmerton(22)/Andersson(21)-Mursak(22)/Eaves(26)

gone - Holmstrom, 37, Draper, 39, Bertuzzi, 35, Maltby, 37, May, 38, Williams, 29.

DEFENSEMEN:

Kronwall(29)-Stuart(30)

Kindl(23)-Smith(21)

Ericsson(26)-Fournier(18)/Nicastro(20)

gone - Lidstrom, 40, Rafalski, 36, Lilja, 34, Meech, 26, Lebda, 28.

GOALIES:

Howard(26)

McCollum(20)

gone - Osgood, 37.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but think about it. Dats has a good enough grasp of the language at this point to relay hockey information, and if he cant say it he could physically teach it. I feel that Dats already has shown that he shares wisdom with the youth, IMHO Huds is a prime example. Huds was really starting to hold the puck like datsyuk before he left.

Another Key factor here is the desire to learn. If the young guns want to be taught they will listen AND watch. A lot can be learned through watching a specific player or play during pratice and live games.

I don't know, there might be a tense moment in the playoffs, game 7, down by 1 with 5 minutes left to go. Coach calls a timeout and its the perfect opportunity for Datsyuk to pass on his veteran knowledge:

"I trust mine eyes to Dr. Rahmani, you should too."

"Dats not now! We need to come up with a gameplan. What should we do?"

"I trust mine eyes"

"What is he talking about!? Where do you want me on this faceoff??"

"To Dr. Rahmani"

"Ugh, its impossible."

"You should too."

Here's how I see the team in five years, assuming no external additions are made (not going to happen! lol)...

FORWARDS:

Filppula(26)-Datsyuk(31)-Franzen(30)

Hudler(26)-Zetterberg(29)-Cleary(31)

Tatar(19)-Helm(23)-Ferraro(18)

Nyquist(20)/Ritola(23)/Miller(26)-Abdelkader(23)/Emmerton(22)/Andersson(21)-Mursak(22)/Eaves(26)

gone - Holmstrom, 37, Draper, 39, Bertuzzi, 35, Maltby, 37, May, 38, Williams, 29.

DEFENSEMEN:

Kronwall(29)-Stuart(30)

Kindl(23)-Smith(21)

Ericsson(26)-Fournier(18)/Nicastro(20)

gone - Lidstrom, 40, Rafalski, 36, Lilja, 34, Meech, 26, Lebda, 28.

GOALIES:

Howard(26)

McCollum(20)

gone - Osgood, 37.

In terms of forwards I think you're underestimating Mursak. He's got Helm's speed, or at least very close to his speed and good hands. I'm assuming he's going to be able to pot about 30 goals next season with the Griffins. I also think Andersson could take over the 3rd line center spot in a few years. His point production isn't the best but he's all over the ice and plays very physical. I don't think Ritola, Miller or Emmerton will be part of the team, and Ferraro's future is in his own hands. If he wants to be good he can.

On defense that seems about right. I don't know if Kindl has top 4 potential, but that remains to be seen. He apparently plays much better when he's with better players (sounds obvious) because he runs on mostly instinct. I also think that Pyett or Lashoff might be there in place of Fournier or Nicastro.

The goalies seem right, but I have an odd feeling that Jimmy is going to command some serious cash next off-season unless he hits the sophomore slump this year.

In terms of forwards I think you're underestimating Mursak. He's got Helm's speed, or at least very close to his speed and good hands. I'm assuming he's going to be able to pot about 30 goals next season with the Griffins. I also think Andersson could take over the 3rd line center spot in a few years. His point production isn't the best but he's all over the ice and plays very physical. I don't think Ritola, Miller or Emmerton will be part of the team, and Ferraro's future is in his own hands. If he wants to be good he can.

On defense that seems about right. I don't know if Kindl has top 4 potential, but that remains to be seen. He apparently plays much better when he's with better players (sounds obvious) because he runs on mostly instinct. I also think that Pyett or Lashoff might be there in place of Fournier or Nicastro.

The goalies seem right, but I have an odd feeling that Jimmy is going to command some serious cash next off-season unless he hits the sophomore slump this year.

Agreed, Mursak just needs to develop his game a bt more. He will at least be on Flips level points wise when he gets to the NHL. He has wheels, some grit, and some dangles. Mursak will be getting 60 points in the NHL at least and Tatar could be upwards of 80.