• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:02 PM

For whatever reason,if Bert isn't re-signed,anyone have a wish list?Guys right off the top of my head are:

Owen Nolan
Mike Comrie
Colby Armstrong
Alexander Steen (If not re-signed by St.Louis.I believe he's an RFA)
Arron Asham (Maybe he could play a 3rd line role.Won't put up as many points as Bert,but more gritty and defensively responsible)
David Clarkson (If not re-signed by New Jersey.he's got offensive potential)

With Hudler coming back I expect Bert (or FA signing) to play mostly 3rd line minutes.

Thoughts?Suggestions??
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#2 djdan

djdan

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

first choice comrie please

second colby armstrong two years we hear of rumors that may be going to detroit ,maybe this year...

#3 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

I went on and on how we should sign Mike Comrie last year instead of Jason Williams...I stand by my decision and I still think we should sign him. Hes put up good numbers playing on, to be honest, god awful teams (49 points in 76 games for the 2008 Islanders). I reckon he could do better with a skilled team like Detroit.

That would be instead of Bertuzzi. Id still like to see Asham or Winchester signed for the 4th line as well to complete a pretty impressive roster.

Comrie + Asham/Winchester could potentially cost a cap hit of around $2m +/- a few $100k. Sorted, yeh? I know. I should be a GM.

edit: I used the "£" sign instead of "$" :ph34r:

Edited by uk_redwing, 13 June 2010 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#4 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

Look for Asham to get a salary raise this season, I don't think Holland would like to sign him for the kind of money he is looking for, if he isn't already re-signing in Philly.

It is still possible , he only had a cap hit of 0.640 last season...maybe he'll be looking to crack a mill this year.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#5 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

I went on and on how we should sign Mike Comrie last year instead of Jason Williams...I stand by my decision and I still think we should sign him. Hes put up good numbers playing on, to be honest, god awful teams (49 points in 76 games for the 2008 Islanders). I reckon he could do better with a skilled team like Detroit.

That would be instead of Bertuzzi. Id still like to see Asham or Winchester signed for the 4th line as well to complete a pretty impressive roster.

Comrie + Asham/Winchester could potentially cost a cap hit of around £2m +/- a few £100k. Sorted, yeh? I know. I should be a GM.

Comrie or Nolan instead of Bertuzzi would be fine with me.My list of players I'd like to have for our 4th line is so long it isn't even funny.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#6 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

Comrie or Nolan instead of Bertuzzi would be fine with me.My list of players I'd like to have for our 4th line is so long it isn't even funny.

Same here :hehe:

Asham is top of the list because hes an exciting fighter who can play hockey and put up decent numbers. As for the poster above saying he'll get a huge payrise; negative. He's 32 and had had more productive seasons than this one past and his pay has slowly declined from $950k in 2007 to the $640k it is now. If it goes up, it wont be by much.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

Same here :hehe:

Asham is top of the list because hes an exciting fighter who can play hockey and put up decent numbers. As for the poster above saying he'll get a huge payrise; negative. He's 32 and had had more productive seasons than this one past and his pay has slowly declined from $950k in 2007 to the $640k it is now. If it goes up, it wont be by much.

Bet I can produce a longer list,with only free agents (RFA & UFA) :P

As for Asham,I don't see him making a mil,but he'll have teams lining up.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

I see some of the names being thrown out for 4th line guys and it's pretty ridiculous. You never pay more than 1 million for a 4th liner and I'm seeing guys like Asham and other players who would command 1.5 and more as a fourth liner. This isn't NHL the video game where you can turn the cap on or off.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#9 Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Mr. Dangles

• PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

I like Asham too, but an even more appealing option (though maybe not for the price) could be ANDREW LADD. He's an RFA, Chicago can't keep him... maybe his rights can be had for the pick we got for Ville.

#10 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

I like Asham too, but an even more appealing option (though maybe not for the price) could be ANDREW LADD. He's an RFA, Chicago can't keep him... maybe his rights can be had for the pick we got for Ville.

I'd like Ladd for the 3rd line instead of Bert.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#11 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

I see some of the names being thrown out for 4th line guys and it's pretty ridiculous. You never pay more than 1 million for a 4th liner and I'm seeing guys like Asham and other players who would command 1.5 and more as a fourth liner. This isn't NHL the video game where you can turn the cap on or off.

Besides Asham, who was suggested as a third liner in this thread, who are these ridiculous suggestions you are talking about?

I havent seen one person mentioned for the 4th line that seems ridiculous here at all. in fact, its been pretty realistic if not completely realistic.

Ladd sounds great instead of bringing back Bert, Armstrong is the next best suggestion I would say. I don't see us getting Clarkson, Nolan is pretty damn old, no to Steen and Comrie I wouldn't hate but wouldn't love as a signing.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#12 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

Oh brilliant. Someone brings up the NHL video game for some original hilarity.

How in the hell is Asham going to command a salary TRIPLE to $1.5m? He'll be lucky to make a mil. You should read my earlier post about how Asham is 32, wasn't anywhere near his career best season and has had his salary decline over the past 3 seasons despite point production increasing.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#13 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

Oh brilliant. Someone brings up the NHL video game for some original hilarity.

How in the hell is Asham going to command a salary TRIPLE to $1.5m? He'll be lucky to make a mil. You should read my earlier post about how Asham is 32, wasn't anywhere near his career best season and has had his salary decline over the past 3 seasons despite point production increasing.

I just ignore dumbass posts like that.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#14 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

Why not try for Guerin if not bertuzzi i know he was a penguin but he ain't a bad player and with his age he would fit right into this locker room. Not my top choice but it could be possible i guess. Of course he might want too much too. Overall i would have to take winchester because he is pretty sweet and his last name is awsome too.

#15 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

Comrie or Armstrong if we cant scam Burish

#16 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

Armstong or Asham
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#17 Zeke

Zeke

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Armstong or Asham

Is Matthew Lombardi from Phoenix a UFA?
Crosby plays dress-up

#18 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

If Bert doesn't re-sign (and I'm hoping he doesn't) I would much rather have Owen Nolan anyways. He still has a pretty decent shot, he's a righty, which could be helpful on the powerplay.

#19 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Maxim AfinogenovPosted Image
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#20 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

Is Matthew Lombardi from Phoenix a UFA?

Yes.his price tag is too much.

If Bert doesn't re-sign (and I'm hoping he doesn't) I would much rather have Owen Nolan anyways. He still has a pretty decent shot, he's a righty, which could be helpful on the powerplay.

Agreed.I think Nolan is a more well-rounded player and a better fit as a 3rd liner.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien