• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

If Bertuzzi isnt re-signed...

Rate this topic

For whatever reason,if Bert isn't re-signed,anyone have a wish list?Guys right off the top of my head are:

Owen Nolan

Mike Comrie

Colby Armstrong

Alexander Steen (If not re-signed by St.Louis.I believe he's an RFA)

Arron Asham (Maybe he could play a 3rd line role.Won't put up as many points as Bert,but more gritty and defensively responsible)

David Clarkson (If not re-signed by New Jersey.he's got offensive potential)

With Hudler coming back I expect Bert (or FA signing) to play mostly 3rd line minutes.

Thoughts?Suggestions??

I went on and on how we should sign Mike Comrie last year instead of Jason Williams...I stand by my decision and I still think we should sign him. Hes put up good numbers playing on, to be honest, god awful teams (49 points in 76 games for the 2008 Islanders). I reckon he could do better with a skilled team like Detroit.

That would be instead of Bertuzzi. Id still like to see Asham or Winchester signed for the 4th line as well to complete a pretty impressive roster.

Comrie + Asham/Winchester could potentially cost a cap hit of around $2m +/- a few $100k. Sorted, yeh? I know. I should be a GM.

edit: I used the "£" sign instead of "$" :ph34r:

Edited by uk_redwing

Look for Asham to get a salary raise this season, I don't think Holland would like to sign him for the kind of money he is looking for, if he isn't already re-signing in Philly.

It is still possible , he only had a cap hit of 0.640 last season...maybe he'll be looking to crack a mill this year.

I went on and on how we should sign Mike Comrie last year instead of Jason Williams...I stand by my decision and I still think we should sign him. Hes put up good numbers playing on, to be honest, god awful teams (49 points in 76 games for the 2008 Islanders). I reckon he could do better with a skilled team like Detroit.

That would be instead of Bertuzzi. Id still like to see Asham or Winchester signed for the 4th line as well to complete a pretty impressive roster.

Comrie + Asham/Winchester could potentially cost a cap hit of around £2m +/- a few £100k. Sorted, yeh? I know. I should be a GM.

Comrie or Nolan instead of Bertuzzi would be fine with me.My list of players I'd like to have for our 4th line is so long it isn't even funny.

Comrie or Nolan instead of Bertuzzi would be fine with me.My list of players I'd like to have for our 4th line is so long it isn't even funny.

Same here :hehe:

Asham is top of the list because hes an exciting fighter who can play hockey and put up decent numbers. As for the poster above saying he'll get a huge payrise; negative. He's 32 and had had more productive seasons than this one past and his pay has slowly declined from $950k in 2007 to the $640k it is now. If it goes up, it wont be by much.

Same here :hehe:

Asham is top of the list because hes an exciting fighter who can play hockey and put up decent numbers. As for the poster above saying he'll get a huge payrise; negative. He's 32 and had had more productive seasons than this one past and his pay has slowly declined from $950k in 2007 to the $640k it is now. If it goes up, it wont be by much.

Bet I can produce a longer list,with only free agents (RFA & UFA) :P

As for Asham,I don't see him making a mil,but he'll have teams lining up.

I see some of the names being thrown out for 4th line guys and it's pretty ridiculous. You never pay more than 1 million for a 4th liner and I'm seeing guys like Asham and other players who would command 1.5 and more as a fourth liner. This isn't NHL the video game where you can turn the cap on or off.

I see some of the names being thrown out for 4th line guys and it's pretty ridiculous. You never pay more than 1 million for a 4th liner and I'm seeing guys like Asham and other players who would command 1.5 and more as a fourth liner. This isn't NHL the video game where you can turn the cap on or off.

Besides Asham, who was suggested as a third liner in this thread, who are these ridiculous suggestions you are talking about?

I havent seen one person mentioned for the 4th line that seems ridiculous here at all. in fact, its been pretty realistic if not completely realistic.

Ladd sounds great instead of bringing back Bert, Armstrong is the next best suggestion I would say. I don't see us getting Clarkson, Nolan is pretty damn old, no to Steen and Comrie I wouldn't hate but wouldn't love as a signing.

Oh brilliant. Someone brings up the NHL video game for some original hilarity.

How in the hell is Asham going to command a salary TRIPLE to $1.5m? He'll be lucky to make a mil. You should read my earlier post about how Asham is 32, wasn't anywhere near his career best season and has had his salary decline over the past 3 seasons despite point production increasing.

Oh brilliant. Someone brings up the NHL video game for some original hilarity.

How in the hell is Asham going to command a salary TRIPLE to $1.5m? He'll be lucky to make a mil. You should read my earlier post about how Asham is 32, wasn't anywhere near his career best season and has had his salary decline over the past 3 seasons despite point production increasing.

I just ignore dumbass posts like that.

Why not try for Guerin if not bertuzzi i know he was a penguin but he ain't a bad player and with his age he would fit right into this locker room. Not my top choice but it could be possible i guess. Of course he might want too much too. Overall i would have to take winchester because he is pretty sweet and his last name is awsome too.

Is Matthew Lombardi from Phoenix a UFA?

Yes.his price tag is too much.

If Bert doesn't re-sign (and I'm hoping he doesn't) I would much rather have Owen Nolan anyways. He still has a pretty decent shot, he's a righty, which could be helpful on the powerplay.

Agreed.I think Nolan is a more well-rounded player and a better fit as a 3rd liner.

Am I the only one wishing we'd do something "splashy"... our steady as it goes mentality has been successful but I'd love to see a big trade involving the wings... you know a multi player or multi team deal... some spice.

Am I the only one wishing we'd do something "splashy"... our steady as it goes mentality has been successful but I'd love to see a big trade involving the wings... you know a multi player or multi team deal... some spice.

I would like to see someone that can score some goals thumbup.gif

ps if we land Owen Nolan Ill chalk this season under WTF

What about Versteeg or Sharp ? Ive heared a bunch of times that the Hawks will try and move them for picks,players or prospects to make cap space this off-season

Sharp would be a huge upgrade which I would be very happy with and Versteeg would be good too. Detroit isn't immuned to trades, if Bert isn't resigned I hope Kenny doesn't do what he did last year and sign someone like Jason Williams in hopes that he can replace scoring.