• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

If Bertuzzi isnt re-signed...

Rate this topic

The Ottawa Sun claims the Chicago Blackhawks may have more salary cap issues after their season has come to an end.

The Blackhawks have been up against the cap all season and the Sun reports forwards Patrick Sharp and Kris Versteeg may be available for trade during the off-season.

it also says the Hawks have told them Sharp and Versteeg arent going anywhere but i cant see that happening with...

UFA's

John Madden

Adam Burish

Kim Johnsson

and RFA's

Andrew Ladd

Ben Eager

Antti Neimi(who is getting a BIG raise)

Colin Fraser

Niklas Hjalmarsson

Jordan Hendry

So does this mean no one is making more money on new contracts?

Id Defintly take Ladd,Eager,Madden or Burish to though

For whatever reason,if Bert isn't re-signed,anyone have a wish list?Guys right off the top of my head are:

Owen Nolan

Mike Comrie

Colby Armstrong

Alexander Steen (If not re-signed by St.Louis.I believe he's an RFA)

Arron Asham (Maybe he could play a 3rd line role.Won't put up as many points as Bert,but more gritty and defensively responsible)

David Clarkson (If not re-signed by New Jersey.he's got offensive potential)

With Hudler coming back I expect Bert (or FA signing) to play mostly 3rd line minutes.

Thoughts?Suggestions??

please god dont resign bertuzzi, if hes not on the 1st two lines with zetty and pavel, he sucks

What about Versteeg or Sharp ? Ive heared a bunch of times that the Hawks will try and move them for picks,players or prospects to make cap space this off-season

i think that sharp would be too expensive for the wings unless we made a trade...

also i wouldnt mind seeing mike comrie if bert doesnt get resigned

Sharp would be a huge upgrade which I would be very happy with and Versteeg would be good too. Detroit isn't immuned to trades, if Bert isn't resigned I hope Kenny doesn't do what he did last year and sign someone like Jason Williams in hopes that he can replace scoring.

But with a much better result this time.

If Bert doesn't re-sign?

2010-11 DETROIT RED WINGS

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.893m) / * Drew Miller ($0.578m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Darren Helm ($0.659m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.550m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

* Derek Meech ($0.532m) / Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 23; CAP:$58.8m; PAYROLL: $55.979m; CAP ROOM: $2.821m BONUSES: $0.000m

As you can see, this leaves the Wings with about $2.8m in cap space, assuming all RFAs sign for their qualifying offers. This is a notable chunk of change, and could be used to replace Lilja with a good physical defenseman who is good defensively and on the PK. Toni Lydman, Henrik Tallinder, Garnet Exelby, Pavel Kubina, and Freddy Meyer are all guys who could fill this role.

It could also be used to pick up a solid all-around forward for the second or third line, such as Alexander Frolov, Tomas Plekanec, Colby Armstrong, Raffi Torres, Matthew Lombardi, or Taylor Pyatt.

Guest Lidstromboli

i doubt 2.8 will fetch either Frolov or Plekanec but the others are possibilities

Guest Lidstromboli

Pyatt's a good bottom 6 guy that is serviceable in the top 6 if someone gets injured

wouldn't mind that signing

i doubt 2.8 will fetch either Frolov or Plekanec but the others are possibilities

It would be 3.3;

Janik would be waived and sent to GR to open up the roster spot; I posted a 23-man roster due to the available cap space.

As far s Pyatt, I have been wanting him in a Wings uniform since he started in the league.

Edited by eva unit zero

please god dont resign bertuzzi, if hes not on the 1st two lines with zetty and pavel, he sucks

Plus, he also sucks WITH Pav or Hank. Well, 80% of the time at least.

I would rather have just about anyone than Bert.

It would be 3.3;

Janik would be waived and sent to GR to open up the roster spot; I posted a 23-man roster due to the available cap space.

As far s Pyatt, I have been wanting him in a Wings uniform since he started in the league.

Or we could save it and bring in Semin and Chara at the deadline