• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

TSN: Forsberg Almost Joined the Flyers at the Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324532

Apparently Holmgren offered Forsberg a contract around the beginning of March; Forsberg said that only his currently injury problems prevented him from joining the team.

I get the feeling we might have seen a very different outcome in the finals had the Flyers had a healthy Forsberg in the lineup.

Oh well.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324532

Apparently Holmgren offered Forsberg a contract around the beginning of March; Forsberg said that only his currently injury problems prevented him from joining the team.

I get the feeling we might have seen a very different outcome in the finals had the Flyers had a healthy Forsberg in the lineup.

Oh well.

Tsk. Tsk. Of all the rotten luck. Why now, of all times, did Forsberg have to be injured?

Any bets that Leino would still be a Wing?

Guest Crymson

Tsk. Tsk. Of all the rotten luck. Why now, of all times, did Forsberg have to be injured?

Any bets that Leino would still be a Wing?

Doubtful. Leino was already with Philly at the time.

Guest Crymson

Does Forsberg just like to rotate between the Flyers and Avs every time he returns to the NHL?

He apparently worked very well with the Flyers` medical staff.

Guest Crymson

He needs to retire.I'm sick of hearing about the Forsberg bulls*** every summer and every trade deadline.

I'll let him know that he should retire in order to spare some random forum poster some completely arbitrary annoyance.

He's only 36.

You guys make it seem like he's Brett Favre.

Forsberg is like Brett Favre.

He hasn't played a full season for any team in any league since 2002-03.

In 2007-08, Forsberg was a UFA and chose not to sign with any team, and said he was not returning to the NHL. But then he changed his mind late in the season and signed with the Avs, and played nine games for them. After that, he chose to return to Sweden and play in the SEL. And now he's thinking of coming back again?

Sounds kinda Favre-ish to me. Nothing wrong with it if he can keep up, but he is pretty damn injury prone. Next up, the return of Eric Lindros.

Forsberg is like Brett Favre.

He hasn't played a full season for any team in any league since 2002-03.

In 2007-08, Forsberg was a UFA and chose not to sign with any team, and said he was not returning to the NHL. But then he changed his mind late in the season and signed with the Avs, and played nine games for them. After that, he chose to return to Sweden and play in the SEL. And now he's thinking of coming back again?

Sounds kinda Favre-ish to me. Nothing wrong with it if he can keep up, but he is pretty damn injury prone. Next up, the return of Eric Lindros.

Forsberg's career was cut short prematurely due to injuries, I hardly think that's the same in Favre's case granted he wasn't 100% but he didn't have the extent of injuries like Forsberg not to mention the age difference.

Does Forsberg just like to rotate between the Flyers and Avs every time he returns to the NHL?

That's what I was thinking too lol. Since the Flyers are my favorite team I wish they added him for the playoff run. Otherwise its just meh.

Lucky for Leino it didn't pan out.

lucky for briere, richards, giroux etc too. foreskin would have been their "go to guy" purely on reputation and would have taken important situation ice time away from the guys who got the flyers to the cup. flyers are and were one of the best teams in the east...they simply fornicated the canine ALL season, thus placing them in 7th place possum mode. no eff'n way they were a 7th place team, especially in the east.

The sad thing about Forsberg is that as far as I know it has only recently (past year or two) come out that the reason for his constant groin and foot injuries is the fact that he apparently was born with deformed feet, which over the years gave him more and more clubfoot-like symptoms. So the blame that gets laid on him for constantly being injured (whether it is because he's soft, didn't tone down his physical play as he aged etc.) are mostly unfair.

He was such a dominant player back in the day. My only beef with him is that whenever anyone scores on the penalty shot that Kenta Nilsson first used, they say that Forsberg came up with it.

Source is Aftonbladet: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/internationellt/nhl/article390924.ab