• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

I'm not into NBA so I wanted to ask to all the NBA fans, how does is the feeling to keep seeing almost the same 2 teams win over and over again. I mean I looked up at the previous champions and realized that from 1950 - 2010 Lakers and Celtics have won respectably 15 and 17 championships and one of them will get 1 more this year.

Now that's 33 including this years championship titles in 60 years. Doesn't it just get boring keeping seeing them same 2 teams hoist it.

I mean comparing to the NHL yes we do get teams with 24 cups and all but there are so many other teams that have won meanwhile. (Carolina / Anaheim / Lightnings / Avs / Hawks / Pens)

Yes back in the days there use to be a lot of teams winning couple of years in a row but not when the league became 30 teams.

I mean if I we're a NBA fan I would just be like BLAH ... another celtics and lakers.

What's your thoughts I'm curious.

Edited by KrazyGangsta, 13 June 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#2 Puckpossession

Puckpossession

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

The thing about the nba is that its such a systematic games that you almost always know whoes winning the series, like 1 vs 8 usually the 1 wins no doubts, unless that 8th team has the number on that number 1 team during the regular season like the goldenstate warrior had over dallas.

I dont have much feelings, its expected

#3 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

The thing about the nba is that its such a systematic games that you almost always know whoes winning the series, like 1 vs 8 usually the 1 wins no doubts, unless that 8th team has the number on that number 1 team during the regular season like the goldenstate warrior had over dallas.

I dont have much feelings, its expected

That's what I wanted to know as a fan you don't carry to many feelings due to being so obvious.

Edited by KrazyGangsta, 13 June 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#4 Puckpossession

Puckpossession

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

That's what I wanted to know as a fan you don't carry to many feelings due to being so obvious.

Hockey is definately the most exciting playoff sport in the world in terms of speed and end to end action, it has everything a man loves, hitting, fighting, and a net. Basketballs a joke now with all these touch fouls

#5 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

It certainly felt nice to watch the Wings win four championships within eleven years.

#6 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

If you want to watch basketball please watch anything but the NBA.

Edited by cjm502, 13 June 2010 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:38 PM

I watched a grand total of O NBA games this year.I'll watch when the Pistons play,but I can't even get into their games.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

The only full season I watched of the NBA was in 2004-05 when the Pistons and the Spurs played in the finals and the Spurs won the title.

Guess why. Posted Image

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Shoot-outs & Franzen

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#9 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

The only full season I watched of the NBA was in 2004-05 when the Pistons and the Spurs played in the finals and the Spurs won the title.

Guess why. Posted Image

Global warming,right???
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#10 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

I can't stand the NBA, all it is, is just a bunch of genetically enhanced monsters out there jumpin around and fallin like idiots and posing for the next gatorade commericials. They need to get back to the roots of basketball and play it like it was meant to be with some heart and real play making ability not drive to the hoop and get "fouled" and shoot free throws, repeat. Most boring sport other than baseball. Hockey is the best sport around because it has, like others have mentioned everything a man or woman would want in a sport. Hitting, fighting, speed and nets and some sweet saves to boot. NHL>NBA

#11 RememberStevieY

RememberStevieY

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:37 AM

I've watched probably less than an hour of basketball combined over the last couple years, this kind of behavior from guys who we call professionals is unacceptable. You have players bringing guns in to the locker rooms (Gilbert Arenas), players not wanting to stand up for the National anthem, (Chris Jackson or aka Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf). Now of course the NHL has their share of trouble makers (Pronger and Avery) but its no where near the magnitude of what the NBA players do on and off the court.
The Order of the Paradox

The most regular season wins, post season wins, division titles, conference titles and 4 Stanley Cups in a little over a decade spells d-y-n-a-s-t-y;

#12 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

What gets me about basketball is that the whole game is boring for the first half, then the last 2 minutes gets exciting. Even then, it ends with a foul-fest and it ends up sucking. The other scenario is when one team is completely routing the other for the first half the game, then even the last 2 minutes are boring.

I think people like talking about basketball more than actually watching it. Also, since the star players can really take over the game, the individualistic perspective of it is appealing to many.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#13 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

Damn I was hoping this was going to be another thread on the Hawks! :lol:

Not a huge b-ball fan, but I know what your saying.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#14 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:04 AM

Honestly I have no problem with it. Mostly because I'm a Timberwolves and Pistons fan and know that they aren't going to be there anyways, which makes me follow other teams more closely. But it is always the best of the best in the NBA Finals. I could watch Kobe and Garnett every day and be happy... :thumbup:

Also, for the most part at least, teams aren't winning consecutive titles. So there's still some variety...

And it appears there's always a different trend every decade or so.

Edited by RedStormRising, 14 June 2010 - 02:11 AM.

#15 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

O cmon you know what I'm talkin about, back in the day it was a feat to dunk a bball now its the standard to get into college ball. These guys are enormous. I was just bein sarcastic but these guys are HUGE!!!

#16 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:30 AM

I watched a grand total of O NBA games this year.I'll watch when the Pistons play,but I can't even get into their games.

This, exactly.

I didn't watch a single game this year, I think we got 1 or 2 Pistons games and even then I didn't even make an effort to watch them.

The NBA is dead to me, I really couldn't care less.

What gets me about basketball is that the whole game is boring for the first half, then the last 2 minutes gets exciting. Even then, it ends with a foul-fest and it ends up sucking. The other scenario is when one team is completely routing the other for the first half the game, then even the last 2 minutes are boring.

I think people like talking about basketball more than actually watching it. Also, since the star players can really take over the game, the individualistic perspective of it is appealing to many.

Not to mention the MILLION time outs over the past 2-3 minutes, there's a stoppage every 10 seconds. Totally ruins any sespense.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#17 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

I'm not into NBA so I wanted to ask to all the NBA fans, how does is the feeling to keep seeing almost the same 2 teams win over and over again. I mean I looked up at the previous champions and realized that from 1950 - 2010 Lakers and Celtics have won respectably 15 and 17 championships and one of them will get 1 more this year.

Now that's 33 including this years championship titles in 60 years. Doesn't it just get boring keeping seeing them same 2 teams hoist it.

I mean comparing to the NHL yes we do get teams with 24 cups and all but there are so many other teams that have won meanwhile. (Carolina / Anaheim / Lightnings / Avs / Hawks / Pens)

Yes back in the days there use to be a lot of teams winning couple of years in a row but not when the league became 30 teams.

I mean if I we're a NBA fan I would just be like BLAH ... another celtics and lakers.

What's your thoughts I'm curious.

I'm not an NBA fan, largely for the reason you expressed above. Add to those numbers that you mentioned the fact that this encompasses the Michael Jordan era as well where they won 6 titles. Throw in the Spurs and you cover most of those 60 years. BORING!

Global warming,right???

Brilliant! :lol:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#18 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

I watch the NBA every now and then. Mainly because a friend of mine doesn't want to watch hockey - a Leafs fan, go figure! I tend to get stuck watching Miami games cuz he likes Dwyane Wade.

#19 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,344 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Well, the Lakers just won their 16th title.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#20 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

So the Lakers repeated, and I'm stuck in Socal. :(. All the bandwagoning must stop. I really didn't want them to repeat. Game 7 was actually good to watch, because for a basketball game, it was very physical.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users