• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

A Question To NBA Fans

Rate this topic

I'm not into NBA so I wanted to ask to all the NBA fans, how does is the feeling to keep seeing almost the same 2 teams win over and over again. I mean I looked up at the previous champions and realized that from 1950 - 2010 Lakers and Celtics have won respectably 15 and 17 championships and one of them will get 1 more this year.

Now that's 33 including this years championship titles in 60 years. Doesn't it just get boring keeping seeing them same 2 teams hoist it.

I mean comparing to the NHL yes we do get teams with 24 cups and all but there are so many other teams that have won meanwhile. (Carolina / Anaheim / Lightnings / Avs / Hawks / Pens)

Yes back in the days there use to be a lot of teams winning couple of years in a row but not when the league became 30 teams.

I mean if I we're a NBA fan I would just be like BLAH ... another celtics and lakers.

What's your thoughts I'm curious.

Edited by KrazyGangsta

The thing about the nba is that its such a systematic games that you almost always know whoes winning the series, like 1 vs 8 usually the 1 wins no doubts, unless that 8th team has the number on that number 1 team during the regular season like the goldenstate warrior had over dallas.

I dont have much feelings, its expected

The thing about the nba is that its such a systematic games that you almost always know whoes winning the series, like 1 vs 8 usually the 1 wins no doubts, unless that 8th team has the number on that number 1 team during the regular season like the goldenstate warrior had over dallas.

I dont have much feelings, its expected

That's what I wanted to know as a fan you don't carry to many feelings due to being so obvious.

Edited by KrazyGangsta

That's what I wanted to know as a fan you don't carry to many feelings due to being so obvious.

Hockey is definately the most exciting playoff sport in the world in terms of speed and end to end action, it has everything a man loves, hitting, fighting, and a net. Basketballs a joke now with all these touch fouls

I can't stand the NBA, all it is, is just a bunch of genetically enhanced monsters out there jumpin around and fallin like idiots and posing for the next gatorade commericials. They need to get back to the roots of basketball and play it like it was meant to be with some heart and real play making ability not drive to the hoop and get "fouled" and shoot free throws, repeat. Most boring sport other than baseball. Hockey is the best sport around because it has, like others have mentioned everything a man or woman would want in a sport. Hitting, fighting, speed and nets and some sweet saves to boot. NHL>NBA

I've watched probably less than an hour of basketball combined over the last couple years, this kind of behavior from guys who we call professionals is unacceptable. You have players bringing guns in to the locker rooms (Gilbert Arenas), players not wanting to stand up for the National anthem, (Chris Jackson or aka Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf). Now of course the NHL has their share of trouble makers (Pronger and Avery) but its no where near the magnitude of what the NBA players do on and off the court.

What gets me about basketball is that the whole game is boring for the first half, then the last 2 minutes gets exciting. Even then, it ends with a foul-fest and it ends up sucking. The other scenario is when one team is completely routing the other for the first half the game, then even the last 2 minutes are boring.

I think people like talking about basketball more than actually watching it. Also, since the star players can really take over the game, the individualistic perspective of it is appealing to many.

Honestly I have no problem with it. Mostly because I'm a Timberwolves and Pistons fan and know that they aren't going to be there anyways, which makes me follow other teams more closely. But it is always the best of the best in the NBA Finals. I could watch Kobe and Garnett every day and be happy... :thumbup:

Also, for the most part at least, teams aren't winning consecutive titles. So there's still some variety...

And it appears there's always a different trend every decade or so.

Edited by RedStormRising

I watched a grand total of O NBA games this year.I'll watch when the Pistons play,but I can't even get into their games.

This, exactly.

I didn't watch a single game this year, I think we got 1 or 2 Pistons games and even then I didn't even make an effort to watch them.

The NBA is dead to me, I really couldn't care less.

What gets me about basketball is that the whole game is boring for the first half, then the last 2 minutes gets exciting. Even then, it ends with a foul-fest and it ends up sucking. The other scenario is when one team is completely routing the other for the first half the game, then even the last 2 minutes are boring.

I think people like talking about basketball more than actually watching it. Also, since the star players can really take over the game, the individualistic perspective of it is appealing to many.

Not to mention the MILLION time outs over the past 2-3 minutes, there's a stoppage every 10 seconds. Totally ruins any sespense.

I'm not into NBA so I wanted to ask to all the NBA fans, how does is the feeling to keep seeing almost the same 2 teams win over and over again. I mean I looked up at the previous champions and realized that from 1950 - 2010 Lakers and Celtics have won respectably 15 and 17 championships and one of them will get 1 more this year.

Now that's 33 including this years championship titles in 60 years. Doesn't it just get boring keeping seeing them same 2 teams hoist it.

I mean comparing to the NHL yes we do get teams with 24 cups and all but there are so many other teams that have won meanwhile. (Carolina / Anaheim / Lightnings / Avs / Hawks / Pens)

Yes back in the days there use to be a lot of teams winning couple of years in a row but not when the league became 30 teams.

I mean if I we're a NBA fan I would just be like BLAH ... another celtics and lakers.

What's your thoughts I'm curious.

I'm not an NBA fan, largely for the reason you expressed above. Add to those numbers that you mentioned the fact that this encompasses the Michael Jordan era as well where they won 6 titles. Throw in the Spurs and you cover most of those 60 years. BORING!

Global warming,right???

Brilliant! :lol:

I watch the NBA every now and then. Mainly because a friend of mine doesn't want to watch hockey - a Leafs fan, go figure! I tend to get stuck watching Miami games cuz he likes Dwyane Wade.

So the Lakers repeated, and I'm stuck in Socal. :(. All the bandwagoning must stop. I really didn't want them to repeat. Game 7 was actually good to watch, because for a basketball game, it was very physical.

I'm not exactly sure that the Lakers are a picture team for bandwagon fans, such as the Penguins or Blackhawks. They've been one of the most successful teams in NBA history, and now own the 2nd highest total number of championships. It's not like they were terrible for years and years but then all of a sudden got good.

A guy (Brian) I use to work with in Detroit is a Lakers, Steelers and pens fan. No idea how the Lakers have any connection to the Pittsburgh teams. God help us if one of them won a championship (in which all 3 have in the last few years) there was no shuting him up. Being a fan of the lakers because of Kobe I can see because even though I hate to admit it he is pretty good. Brian knows nothing about hockey execpt for one penguin player and everyday he'd come in to work chanting "Crosby" :angry:

We called him bandwagon Brian btw.

Edited by RememberStevieY