• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey13Playa

Afinogenov rejects Thrashers' offer

Rate this topic

What do you think about making a pitch for Afinogenov? I don't think he will command to much money. I think he'd be a solid pick up for the Redwings 3rd line. Maybe see some 2nd line minutes if he proves he can play and step his game up (after recent slumps with Buffalo and Atlanta). A one-two year deal wouldn't be so mad in my opinion. What do you guys and gals all think about this?

Link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/atl100614.html

What do you think about making a pitch for Afinogenov? I don't think he will command to much money. I think he'd be a solid pick up for the Redwings 3rd line. Maybe see some 2nd line minutes if he proves he can play and step his game up (after recent slumps with Buffalo and Atlanta). A one-two year deal wouldn't be so mad in my opinion. What do you guys and gals all think about this?

Link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/atl100614.html

If he rejected their offer, there's no way we can afford him... I don't know what the offer was, but coming off the season he just had, I have to imagine it was for at LEAST 1.5 and we don't have that space... plus, he's VERY well known to coast and take shifts off and would probably end up in Babs doghouse after 2 weeks...

If he rejected their offer, there's no way we can afford him... I don't know what the offer was, but coming off the season he just had, I have to imagine it was for at LEAST 1.5 and we don't have that space... plus, he's VERY well known to coast and take shifts off and would probably end up in Babs doghouse after 2 weeks...

He could of rejected their offer because they are just absolutely horrible! I sure as hell wouldn't want to play for that team. Money or not... But if we sign him to a one year deal I don't see that hurting us much, with the option of maybe a second year. I can imagine he'd spark a little offense. What you said is true about taking shifts off and all of that but maybe being on a team such as Atlanta he didn't really care or try. I think he would have a different outlook playing for Detroit. At least he better...

He could of rejected their offer because they are just absolutely horrible! I sure as hell wouldn't want to play for that team. Money or not... But if we sign him to a one year deal I don't see that hurting us much, with the option of maybe a second year. I can imagine he'd spark a little offense. What you said is true about taking shifts off and all of that but maybe being on a team such as Atlanta he didn't really care or try. I think he would have a different outlook playing for Detroit. At least he better...

This is coming from why he was benched and eventually bought out from Buffalo... and they were a damn good team... it's been his m.o since he broke into the league... I won't deny he has talent, but I don't think he would fit here...

Guest Lidstromboli

Afinogenov isn't a 3rd liner

also, what slump in atlanta? he didn't miss any games and tripled his point total from the season prior

We don't have room for him have too many players that play the small scoring role. However if Hudler didn't decide to come back I wouldn't have minded signing Maxim.

I don't think he'll go to the KHL. If he does f*ck him. I cannot stand the KHL. I know its a business. But I hate them nagging onto our NHL players and pulling them across seas. Yes I am biased but ugh. Jagr, Fedorov, Zubov, etc. Regardless I wouldn't mind getting Max if the "price is right".

I don't think he'll go to the KHL. If he does f*ck him. I cannot stand the KHL. I know its a business. But I hate them nagging onto our NHL players and pulling them across seas. Yes I am biased but ugh. Jagr, Fedorov, Zubov, etc. Regardless I wouldn't mind getting Max if the "price is right".

i agree that it is sad to see nhl caliber talent go to a s*** league, but if i was a russian born player i would go back and play for at least a season or two just so i could kick it with some of my family and play hockey with friends and make a f*** load of slightly taxed money....i would still wanna come back to the nhl and play with the big boys after my russian league stint.

i agree that it is sad to see nhl caliber talent go to a s*** league, but if i was a russian born player i would go back and play for at least a season or two just so i could kick it with some of my family and play hockey with friends and make a f*** load of slightly taxed money....i would still wanna come back to the nhl and play with the big boys after my russian league stint.

Totally understandable. If I was Russian I probably would want to as well. I feel like though players are acting some what like "traitors". Either play in the NHL and finish your career in your native land, or start in your native land then come play in the NHL. I don't like really seeing players jump ship back and forth between leagues. With saying that hopefully Max stays in the best league in the world, the NHL.

He coasts through half his shifts and turns the puck over. Despite solid offensive numbers he did that in Atlanta as well.

He would be in Babs doghouse in training camp before the regular season even started.

Plus I think he wants out of Atlanta because he signed there to play with Kovalchuk...no Kovalchuk no Afinogenov...

Just my opinion.

Sorry but he's only one season removed from being a guy that had to sign cheap just to get work. I don't buy that he's a safe signing.

If he was coming cheap (as in his price last year) I'd be all over it but he clearly expects a significant raise or at least a long term (base on his rejection of the Thrashers' offer).

Well I can see most people don't like the guy lol.

I was ready to sympathize for you the moment I saw the thread, since I knew this was the reaction you'd get here. For the record, however, I agree with you.

I have been saying for the last 2 years now to sign this guy. First of all I know he has been known to be bad defensively and lazy at times, on the Sabers. He was great with Atlanta and must have been a little humbled making 800k there as well. My main reason I think he would do well in Detroit is his countryman Datsyuk. Dats is a very well respected hockey player that other players (Bertuzzi, Hossa) say is the most talented player in hockey...and for Maxim to get a chance to play with him? I dont know I just think they would kick some ass.

Example: Afinogenov-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Flippula-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

..........and if Bert could magically get signed too, put Z&D with Maximyowza.gif

I have been saying for the last 2 years now to sign this guy. First of all I know he has been known to be bad defensively and lazy at times, on the Sabers. He was great with Atlanta and must have been a little humbled making 800k there as well. My main reason I think he would do well in Detroit is his countryman Datsyuk. Dats is a very well respected hockey player that other players (Bertuzzi, Hossa) say is the most talented player in hockey...and for Maxim to get a chance to play with him? I dont know I just think they would kick some ass.

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

..........and if Bert could magically get signed too, put Z&D with Maximyowza.gif

I like that idea if that could somehow, someway get done! That'd be sweet! :thumbup:

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

That line up looks pretty soft, take Draper out and put in Nystrom and you've got me sold.