• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey13Playa

Afinogenov rejects Thrashers' offer

Rate this topic

Last summer, I would have said yes because he fit the Red Wings needs and anyone would have been better than Jason Williams.

With Hudler back, I don't see the need for Afinogenov. I agree with other people here who have stated the Red Wings top six forwards are set already for next season. I hope Holland makes good on his word and improves the bottom six when free agency starts.

That line up looks pretty soft, take Draper out and put in Nystrom and you've got me sold.

I like that idea! Just for s***s and gigs Imagine....now nay sayers this is just pretend so relax lol because I know it cant/wont happen.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Afinogenov

Franzen-Flippula-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary/Holmstrom(and Powerplay)

Nystrom-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

.............you can almost taste the tin flavored bubblyph34r.gif

I don't think he'll go to the KHL. If he does f*ck him. I cannot stand the KHL. I know its a business. But I hate them nagging onto our NHL players and pulling them across seas. Yes I am biased but ugh. Jagr, Fedorov, Zubov, etc. Regardless I wouldn't mind getting Max if the "price is right".

Snagging our players???? Didnt the NHL snag them from overseas in the first place?

BTW NO Max!

Who is in your brain to add to the team (or use from within)? There are not many free agents I dig this yeardry.gif

I have never been a big fan of Afinogenov, especially when he was with Buffalo.

I didn't literally mean what I wrote about him, in an earlier post. We used to just use that saying about Robert Lang, when he was here, and it stuck!

I like Ray Whitney. But he would have to take a substantial cut in pay to come to Detroit. My other guy I would like to see come to Detroit is Latendresse. I also like Satan, Yip, Halpern, Cogliano, Hornqvist, Moulson, Asham, Matt Cooke, and Malhotra.

Give me a tough guy first,then we will discuss this.

Yeah... Fix the bottom 6 then you can play around with another scoring winger. For the right price Afinogenov is definitely not a bad choice but I doubt he'll go for a small $-figure. If he doesn't get what he wants then he'll bounce off to the KHL.

If he rejected their offer, there's no way we can afford him... I don't know what the offer was, but coming off the season he just had, I have to imagine it was for at LEAST 1.5 and we don't have that space... plus, he's VERY well known to coast and take shifts off and would probably end up in Babs doghouse after 2 weeks...

if you were afinogenov and you were a decent enough player in the NHL that you could be picked up at the right price by half of the teams in the NHL and play with good players...would you want to stay in atlanta that just traded kovalchuk this year? and play on the 1st line with....eveander kane i guess? go to a team that will make the playoffs and give him a shot at the cup before he passes the age of 30 and proceeds on a career downhill slope. f***, he'd be better off going to toronto and playing with ok D, decent goalie, and kessel, kadri and bozak. ATL is a black hole.

I have been saying for the last 2 years now to sign this guy. First of all I know he has been known to be bad defensively and lazy at times, on the Sabers. He was great with Atlanta and must have been a little humbled making 800k there as well. My main reason I think he would do well in Detroit is his countryman Datsyuk. Dats is a very well respected hockey player that other players (Bertuzzi, Hossa) say is the most talented player in hockey...and for Maxim to get a chance to play with him? I dont know I just think they would kick some ass.

Example: Afinogenov-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Flippula-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Abdelkader-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

..........and if Bert could magically get signed too, put Z&D with Maximyowza.gif

this looks so good

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I was one of the few who were all for Maxim last off-season, but he is not what we need right now.

I like Ray Whitney. But he would have to take a substantial cut in pay to come to Detroit. My other guy I would like to see come to Detroit is Latendresse. I also like Satan, Yip, Halpern, Cogliano, Hornqvist, Moulson, Asham, Matt Cooke, and Malhotra.

Whitney played here before, and I think he showed that he had to be on one of the top two lines, otherwise you got nothing out of him. I don't think there is room.

Edited by CenterIce