• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Teams considering buy-outs

Rate this topic

Edmonton Journal: Edmonton considering buy-outs of Patrick O'Sullivan (¹/3 buy-out), Robert Nilsson (¹/3 buy-out) and Ethan Moreau (²/3 buy-out)

Ottawa Citizen: Senators expected to buy-out final year of Jonathan Cheechoo's $3.5 million per year deal.

Montreal Canadiens have said since Georges Laraque was sent home that he would be bought out of the final year of his deal.

I'll take Ethan Moreau on this team, I don't tihnk he has a cup(?), very physical, warrior type player and could be the perfect Dallas Drake for next season.

yea, no kidding... if this is true, Moreau is the EXACT type of player we need... I would love to see him in the Winged Wheel... especially if we can get him to come here at a discount...

Man whatever happened to Cheechoo. That guy really has slid downhill, and quite fast I may add. He was on top of the league what; three or four years ago? Now he is almost worth no more then a hockey trading card.

I agree with the comments on Moreau but he is one of those guys I just never liked. I don't have a reason at all, I just don't like him. Something about him, lol. But like you both stated he would fit in well here.

If Edmonton do indeed buyout Moreau, whether Bert does re-sign or not, he's at the top of my list for 4th line grinder. He can play hockey, good defensively, physical, and a veteran with no Cup that isnt terribly old. Because of his high price tag it was never possible to even think about getting him, but coming off a buyout he could be had for cheap.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Man whatever happened to Cheechoo. That guy really has slid downhill, and quite fast I may add. He was on top of the league what; three or four years ago? Now he is almost worth no more then a hockey trading card.

I agree with the comments on Moreau but he is one of those guys I just never liked. I don't have a reason at all, I just don't like him. Something about him, lol. But like you both stated he would fit in well here.

Cheechoo fell apart after he didnt have Thornton feeding him passes.

i also think a lot of players had career years in terms of goals and points right after the lock out. teams were not sure how to defend with the new rules. Players like Cheechoo, Briere, Gomez, Gionta really benefitted and inked big deals as a result.

Guest Lidstromboli

What happened to Cheechoo?

Thornton made him about 40 goals better than he really was...

no, injuries happened.

Guest Lidstromboli

Ethan Moreau has always been one of my favorite players. If the numbers work he could really help our team in the bottom 6.

how would he help exactly?

Moreau would be a perfect fit next to Helm and Eaves. Or Abdelkader and Miller/Ritola. Get 'er done, Kenny!!! Wooo!!!

He seems like the exact thing Drake was when he came here. I know Moreau will stick up for his teammates like Drake did, he is a vet that will want a cup and he is a gritty, leave it all on the ice type player and leader.

I'm not sure on how hard he hits though? Anyone that can comment on this would be appreciated.

I don't know if MOreau would be the best route. This offseason there are a lot of young guys that can fill this role and be here for another 10 years. Moreau doesn't have a whole lot left in the tank but if Holland is going for the one year deal to win a cup before you retire type guy then it is Moreau for sure.

how would he help exactly?

He's a better player then what we currently have on the roster at his place in the line up? Bot to mention I like him so that automatically puts him above ever other option easily.

He seems like the exact thing Drake was when he came here. I know Moreau will stick up for his teammates like Drake did, he is a vet that will want a cup and he is a gritty, leave it all on the ice type player and leader.

I'm not sure on how hard he hits though? Anyone that can comment on this would be appreciated.

I don't know if MOreau would be the best route. This offseason there are a lot of young guys that can fill this role and be here for another 10 years. Moreau doesn't have a whole lot left in the tank but if Holland is going for the one year deal to win a cup before you retire type guy then it is Moreau for sure.

Isn't Moreau the guy who tried to punch Markov, when he laid that big hit against Edmonton? He swung and missed, and he popped his shoulder out of joint. If I am thinking of the right guy, he always seems to be injured.

Isn't Moreau the guy who tried to punch Markov, when he laid that big hit against Edmonton? He swung and missed, and he popped his shoulder out of joint. If I am thinking of the right guy, he always seems to be injured.

Around 2007 and 2008 he was hurt, he had a bad eye injury I remember. But other then that the last 2 seasons he has played over 75 games which is good for a guy of his style.

The guy that punched Markov was either Moreau or Staios I don't really remember.

Moreau can also play on the PK. The one year deal before you retire type is definitely Kenny's kind of guy for that role, for better or for worse.

Moreau can also play on the PK. The one year deal before you retire type is definitely Kenny's kind of guy for that role, for better or for worse.

That has been his style in the past, but that may also partially be because they haven't found a young guy they have liked enough to keep around for an extended time.

If it comes down to a guy like Nystrom or Moreau and Kenny picks Moreau I will seriously question if Kenny has this teams best intentions at heart.

Moreau would be a awsome 3rd/4th liner for us.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Ethan Moreau ($1.400m)

* Todd Bertuzzi ($1.400m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Darren Helm ($0.775m)

* Patrick Eaves ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; CAP: $56.8m; PAYROLL: $57.175m; CAP ROOM: $-0.375m BONUSES: $0.000m

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Moreau/Eaves

Helm-Abdelkader-Moreau/Eaves

I'll take Ethan Moreau on this team, I don't tihnk he has a cup(?), very physical, warrior type player and could be the perfect Dallas Drake for next season.

You're definitely on the money there. This would be a very similar pick-up to the Dallas Drake one. Hopefully the results would be the same.

You can never have enough guys who are willing to block shots and play hard minutes every night.

Moreau would be a awsome 3rd/4th liner for us.

[sNIPPED]

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Moreau/Eaves

Helm-Abdelkader-Moreau/Eaves

Ritola isn't going anywhere unless he completely blows it in training camp, pre-season and early in the year.

You're definitely on the money there. This would be a very similar pick-up to the Dallas Drake one. Hopefully the results would be the same.

You can never have enough guys who are willing to block shots and play hard minutes every night.

Ritola isn't going anywhere unless he completely blows it in training camp, pre-season and early in the year.

I wont Ritola in full time i just think Eaves or Draper will be in again full time with Ritola rotating in i would love it to be

Frazen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Ritola

Helm-Abdelkader-Moreau

Eaves/Draper

What happened to Cheechoo?

Thornton made him about 40 goals better than he really was...

no, injuries happened.

yes he had a hernia surgery and never came 100% back from that plus when he did come back it wasn't on thorntons line...so the f***in' guy sucks now.