• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Teams considering buy-outs

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Patrick O'Sullivan as a project player anyone? He did score 22 goals and he is still young

He's also known as 'POS' (piece of s***) by Edmonton fans. Apparently he sucks in pretty much every way.

He's also known as 'POS' (piece of s***) by Edmonton fans. Apparently he sucks in pretty much every way.

Ya but its Edmonton... they are the worst team in the league. I say give him a million dollars and one year and see what happens

Ya but its Edmonton... they are the worst team in the league. I say give him a million dollars and one year and see what happens

I like the idea in your sig. I was thinking sometime that LGW should have a thread where users declare their current status on common issues on LGW. Maybe for like LGW census purposes, hehe.

I like the idea in your sig. I was thinking sometime that LGW should have a thread where users declare their current status on common issues on LGW. Maybe for like LGW census purposes, hehe.

Haha.. thanks... I had to do it after being called out too many times. But im not truly anti flip just not his slappy.

I'll take Ethan Moreau on this team, I don't tihnk he has a cup(?), very physical, warrior type player and could be the perfect Dallas Drake for next season.

The more I think about this, the more I love it... he's had a couple injury issues, but if he's bought out, he could come here on the cheap and I mean cheap, as he'll already get majority of his pay from Edmonton, add that to exactly what you said - will stand up for teammates, plays with heart and would bring that "Dallas Drake" mentality to the team and this could be a PERFECT fit...

LINES ARE ARBITRARY - ONLY SET UP THIS WAY FOR FORMATTING

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Ethan Moreau ($0.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.630m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.550m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Andreas Lilja ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 23; CAP: $58.8m; PAYROLL: $57.585m; CAP ROOM: $1.215m BONUSES: $0.000m

looks pretty damn good to me...

The more I think about this, the more I love it... he's had a couple injury issues, but if he's bought out, he could come here on the cheap and I mean cheap, as he'll already get majority of his pay from Edmonton, add that to exactly what you said - will stand up for teammates, plays with heart and would bring that "Dallas Drake" mentality to the team and this could be a PERFECT fit...

LINES ARE ARBITRARY - ONLY SET UP THIS WAY FOR FORMATTING

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Ethan Moreau ($0.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.630m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.550m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Andreas Lilja ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 23; CAP: $58.8m; PAYROLL: $57.585m; CAP ROOM: $1.215m BONUSES: $0.000m

looks pretty damn good to me...

I like the idea of Moreau for cheap for sure! he has always seemed to have a s*** tone of spirit out there, and always stands up for his teammates. I would also like to see him Abby and Big Bert on a destructive yet offensive line as well.smile.gif

Edited by 13dangledangle

I like the idea of Moreau for cheap for sure! he has always seemed to have a s*** tone of spirit out there, and always stands up for his teammates. I would also like to see him Abby and Big Bert on a destructive yet offensive line as well.smile.gif

Another perk is, that if we get him for cheap, we'd still likely have around a million or so for call-ups/deadline moves if needed... which is always nice...

I am not sure why the EDM fans think O'Sully is a pos, he was a fan favorite here in Manchester.

He has a ton of upside, in fact I am not sure why the Oil would buy him out, give the man a year to get accustomed, Penner wasn't a hit right away.

Teams forget that when they pick up a player who just had a decent year as a youngster, their teammates had a lot to do with it, and if your team sucks adding a decent player is not going to make your team instantly better, but it will make their stats instantly worse!

If he can be had for less than 1mil, Moreau would be the perfect fit on the 4th line, he may not be the heavy that some feel we need, but he definitely has the Dallas Drake style of play, and we could absolutely use another hard-hitting, shot-blocking, gritty forward who will stand up for his teammates. As for the other players mentioned, no thanks.

Around 2007 and 2008 he was hurt, he had a bad eye injury I remember. But other then that the last 2 seasons he has played over 75 games which is good for a guy of his style.

The guy that punched Markov was either Moreau or Staios I don't really remember.

I'd be happy with Moreau,but I think were gonna go in the direction of a younger guy.

Guest Crymson

Edmonton fans detested his individual efforts. If they disliked players purely on the merit of them not producing on a terrible team, they'd detest nearly every player on the roster. With POS, they flat-out hated the guy in particular. It didn't have anything to do with the rest of the team.

Think of Lang in his last season here; he played on a great team, but was widely-disliked because he was horridly lazy and careless.

Edmonton fans detested his individual efforts. If they disliked players purely on the merit of them not producing on a terrible team, they'd detest nearly every player on the roster. With POS, they flat-out hated the guy in particular. It didn't have anything to do with the rest of the team.

Think of Lang in his last season here; he played on a great team, but was widely-disliked because he was horridly lazy and careless.

I remember watching a few Oiler's games where even I thought Patrick O'Sullivan was coasting and skating half-assed to the point where it left an impression and I don't even watch them all year... so if it stands out on a limited exposure to an unbiased 3rd party, it's gotta be pretty bad and I can imagine maddening for a home town fan (like Lang when he was here)

Edited by stevkrause

I'll take Ethan Moreau on this team, I don't tihnk he has a cup(?), very physical, warrior type player and could be the perfect Dallas Drake for next season.

Ah man, why did you have to say Dallas Drake's name? I was just not getting used to him being gone and being okay with it. Now i miss him all over again! Man, was he good for the team or what? Didnt put up big numbers but man he played his ass off night in and night out for that damn cup! Any chance he wants to come out of retirement for one more cup?

Around 2007 and 2008 he was hurt, he had a bad eye injury I remember. But other then that the last 2 seasons he has played over 75 games which is good for a guy of his style.

The guy that punched Markov was either Moreau or Staios I don't really remember.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=337926

It was then, against Detroit, when Moreau dislocated his shoulder throwing a punch at Danny Markov, who'd levelled Stoll with an open-ice hit.

[/Quote]

Edmonton fans have routinely questioned Moreau's heart last year, especially down the stretch. He wasn't even effective defensively as a fourth liner for the worst team in the NHL.

OK then, you say, he kills penalties. Edmonton's PK was fifth worst in the league last year, fourth worst in the league the year before. Clearly, he doesn't kill enough of them.

Maybe we want him as a G.R. assistant coach. I don't want him with the Wings. But if we're basing our opinion on his desire and tenacity on the fact that he tried to punch a guy and missed four years ago, I'd honestly like to see the Wings look elsewhere. I don't care if he only makes league minimum next year..

Edmonton fans have routinely questioned Moreau's heart last year, especially down the stretch. He wasn't even effective defensively as a fourth liner for the worst team in the NHL.

OK then, you say, he kills penalties. Edmonton's PK was fifth worst in the league last year, fourth worst in the league the year before. Clearly, he doesn't kill enough of them.

Maybe we want him as a G.R. assistant coach. I don't want him with the Wings. But if we're basing our opinion on his desire and tenacity on the fact that he tried to punch a guy and missed four years ago, I'd honestly like to see the Wings look elsewhere. I don't care if he only makes league minimum next year..

Have you ever watched him play? He was a huge part of that 2006 finals team in Edmonton. Now that they suck he's maybe losing some desire, a change of scenery would be in order.

The guy is a warrior, tough and can play. How can you say he wasn't effective defensively? I've watched him play and he looked good enough to me considering how bad that team is from top to bottom.

Has Robert Nilson really been that crap or has has he just not developed to match his promise?

I tihnk Edmonton just wants to start fresh so they are considering buying out some scape goats.

Guest Crymson

Wow, hes willing to fight with a popped out shoulder. Guys tough as f***.

Three years ago.

Three years ago.

I guarantee you he still has that same mind set, over the course of three years you don't just become a huge ***** all of a sudden. He may be a bit older but he's still a warrior.

Please please stop hoping for Ethan Moreau. The past three years in Edmonton have been PAINFUL watching the guy. He will drive us nuts here in Detroit - takes HORRIBLE penalties at HORRIBLE times, can't fight anymore, and is so injury prone. Its a running joke here in Edmonton that he takes s***ty penalties in the offensive zone, late in the game, when the team is down a goal. He did it almost a dozen times this year. Terrible, just terrible.

Please please stop hoping for Ethan Moreau. The past three years in Edmonton have been PAINFUL watching the guy. He will drive us nuts here in Detroit - takes HORRIBLE penalties at HORRIBLE times, can't fight anymore, and is so injury prone. Its a running joke here in Edmonton that he takes s***ty penalties in the offensive zone, late in the game, when the team is down a goal. He did it almost a dozen times this year. Terrible, just terrible.

I'll take your word for it, I like him as a player but didn't really want him here anyways. I want a younger, more fresh guy like Nystrom. Youre from Alberta so whats your take on Nystrom?

I'll take your word for it, I like him as a player but didn't really want him here anyways. I want a younger, more fresh guy like Nystrom. Youre from Alberta so whats your take on Nystrom?

Nystrom is the prototypical Calgary player - mediocre skill but pretty hard nosed and doesn't mind getting dirty. He is still young enough that the Wings could mold him into a much better player too. Id rather a guy like Nystrom over Moreau.

Nystrom is the prototypical Calgary player - mediocre skill but pretty hard nosed and doesn't mind getting dirty. He is still young enough that the Wings could mold him into a much better player too. Id rather a guy like Nystrom over Moreau.

Does he lay many big hits or is he just more of a hard worker down low that fights every now and then?

Similar to Drake by any chance lol?