• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

Moreau would be a awsome 3rd/4th liner for us.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Ethan Moreau ($1.400m)
* Todd Bertuzzi ($1.400m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Darren Helm ($0.775m)
* Patrick Eaves ($0.500m)
DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
Doug Janik ($0.512m)
GOALTENDERS
Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP: $56.8m; PAYROLL: $57.175m; CAP ROOM: $-0.375m BONUSES: $0.000m

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Filppula-Moreau/Eaves
Helm-Abdelkader-Moreau/Eaves

#22 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

I'll take Ethan Moreau on this team, I don't tihnk he has a cup(?), very physical, warrior type player and could be the perfect Dallas Drake for next season.

You're definitely on the money there. This would be a very similar pick-up to the Dallas Drake one. Hopefully the results would be the same.

You can never have enough guys who are willing to block shots and play hard minutes every night.

Moreau would be a awsome 3rd/4th liner for us.

[SNIPPED]

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Filppula-Moreau/Eaves
Helm-Abdelkader-Moreau/Eaves

Ritola isn't going anywhere unless he completely blows it in training camp, pre-season and early in the year.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#23 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

You're definitely on the money there. This would be a very similar pick-up to the Dallas Drake one. Hopefully the results would be the same.

You can never have enough guys who are willing to block shots and play hard minutes every night.

Ritola isn't going anywhere unless he completely blows it in training camp, pre-season and early in the year.

I wont Ritola in full time i just think Eaves or Draper will be in again full time with Ritola rotating in i would love it to be

Frazen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Filppula-Ritola
Helm-Abdelkader-Moreau
Eaves/Draper

#24 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:08 AM

What happened to Cheechoo?

Thornton made him about 40 goals better than he really was...

no, injuries happened.

yes he had a hernia surgery and never came 100% back from that plus when he did come back it wasn't on thorntons line...so the f***in' guy sucks now.

#25 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

Patrick O'Sullivan as a project player anyone? He did score 22 goals and he is still young
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#26 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:32 AM

Patrick O'Sullivan as a project player anyone? He did score 22 goals and he is still young

He's also known as 'POS' (piece of s***) by Edmonton fans. Apparently he sucks in pretty much every way.

#27 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

He's also known as 'POS' (piece of s***) by Edmonton fans. Apparently he sucks in pretty much every way.

Ya but its Edmonton... they are the worst team in the league. I say give him a million dollars and one year and see what happens
Im Wasser verbrannt

#28 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:05 AM

Ya but its Edmonton... they are the worst team in the league. I say give him a million dollars and one year and see what happens

I like the idea in your sig. I was thinking sometime that LGW should have a thread where users declare their current status on common issues on LGW. Maybe for like LGW census purposes, hehe.

#29 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:38 AM

I like the idea in your sig. I was thinking sometime that LGW should have a thread where users declare their current status on common issues on LGW. Maybe for like LGW census purposes, hehe.

Haha.. thanks... I had to do it after being called out too many times. But im not truly anti flip just not his slappy.
Im Wasser verbrannt

#30 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

I'll take Ethan Moreau on this team, I don't tihnk he has a cup(?), very physical, warrior type player and could be the perfect Dallas Drake for next season.

The more I think about this, the more I love it... he's had a couple injury issues, but if he's bought out, he could come here on the cheap and I mean cheap, as he'll already get majority of his pay from Edmonton, add that to exactly what you said - will stand up for teammates, plays with heart and would bring that "Dallas Drake" mentality to the team and this could be a PERFECT fit...
LINES ARE ARBITRARY - ONLY SET UP THIS WAY FOR FORMATTING
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Ethan Moreau ($0.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.630m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.550m)
Kris Draper ($1.583m)
Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Andreas Lilja ($1.000m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 23; CAP: $58.8m; PAYROLL: $57.585m; CAP ROOM: $1.215m BONUSES: $0.000m

looks pretty damn good to me...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#31 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

The more I think about this, the more I love it... he's had a couple injury issues, but if he's bought out, he could come here on the cheap and I mean cheap, as he'll already get majority of his pay from Edmonton, add that to exactly what you said - will stand up for teammates, plays with heart and would bring that "Dallas Drake" mentality to the team and this could be a PERFECT fit...
LINES ARE ARBITRARY - ONLY SET UP THIS WAY FOR FORMATTING
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Ethan Moreau ($0.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.630m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.550m)
Kris Draper ($1.583m)
Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Andreas Lilja ($1.000m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 23; CAP: $58.8m; PAYROLL: $57.585m; CAP ROOM: $1.215m BONUSES: $0.000m

looks pretty damn good to me...

I like the idea of Moreau for cheap for sure! he has always seemed to have a s*** tone of spirit out there, and always stands up for his teammates. I would also like to see him Abby and Big Bert on a destructive yet offensive line as well.Posted Image

Edited by 13dangledangle, 15 June 2010 - 08:46 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#32 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

I like the idea of Moreau for cheap for sure! he has always seemed to have a s*** tone of spirit out there, and always stands up for his teammates. I would also like to see him Abby and Big Bert on a destructive yet offensive line as well.Posted Image

Another perk is, that if we get him for cheap, we'd still likely have around a million or so for call-ups/deadline moves if needed... which is always nice...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#33 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

I am not sure why the EDM fans think O'Sully is a pos, he was a fan favorite here in Manchester.

He has a ton of upside, in fact I am not sure why the Oil would buy him out, give the man a year to get accustomed, Penner wasn't a hit right away.

Teams forget that when they pick up a player who just had a decent year as a youngster, their teammates had a lot to do with it, and if your team sucks adding a decent player is not going to make your team instantly better, but it will make their stats instantly worse!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#34 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

If he can be had for less than 1mil, Moreau would be the perfect fit on the 4th line, he may not be the heavy that some feel we need, but he definitely has the Dallas Drake style of play, and we could absolutely use another hard-hitting, shot-blocking, gritty forward who will stand up for his teammates. As for the other players mentioned, no thanks.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#35 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

Around 2007 and 2008 he was hurt, he had a bad eye injury I remember. But other then that the last 2 seasons he has played over 75 games which is good for a guy of his style.

The guy that punched Markov was either Moreau or Staios I don't really remember.

I'd be happy with Moreau,but I think were gonna go in the direction of a younger guy.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#36 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

Edmonton fans detested his individual efforts. If they disliked players purely on the merit of them not producing on a terrible team, they'd detest nearly every player on the roster. With POS, they flat-out hated the guy in particular. It didn't have anything to do with the rest of the team.

Think of Lang in his last season here; he played on a great team, but was widely-disliked because he was horridly lazy and careless.

#37 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

Edmonton fans detested his individual efforts. If they disliked players purely on the merit of them not producing on a terrible team, they'd detest nearly every player on the roster. With POS, they flat-out hated the guy in particular. It didn't have anything to do with the rest of the team.

Think of Lang in his last season here; he played on a great team, but was widely-disliked because he was horridly lazy and careless.

I remember watching a few Oiler's games where even I thought Patrick O'Sullivan was coasting and skating half-assed to the point where it left an impression and I don't even watch them all year... so if it stands out on a limited exposure to an unbiased 3rd party, it's gotta be pretty bad and I can imagine maddening for a home town fan (like Lang when he was here)

Edited by stevkrause, 15 June 2010 - 11:51 AM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#38 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

Ah man, why did you have to say Dallas Drake's name? I was just not getting used to him being gone and being okay with it. Now i miss him all over again! Man, was he good for the team or what? Didnt put up big numbers but man he played his ass off night in and night out for that damn cup! Any chance he wants to come out of retirement for one more cup?

#39 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Around 2007 and 2008 he was hurt, he had a bad eye injury I remember. But other then that the last 2 seasons he has played over 75 games which is good for a guy of his style.

The guy that punched Markov was either Moreau or Staios I don't really remember.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=337926

It was then, against Detroit, when Moreau dislocated his shoulder throwing a punch at Danny Markov, who'd levelled Stoll with an open-ice hit.

#40 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=337926

Wow, hes willing to fight with a popped out shoulder. Guys tough as f***.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24