• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

djdan

2010 NHL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

this is our choice on the mock draft III on nhl

nick bjugstad,temmu pulkkinen,vladimir tarasenko

my favorite choice :

1-Jarred Tinordi 6'6 205 solide defense captain usa-18 56gp 5 goals 8 assists 95 penalty minutes

2-Dylan Mcllrath 6'4 212 another solid defense 65 gp 7 goals 17 assists 169 penalty minutes ,but he will probably leave within the first 15...

3-Brock Nelson 6'3 205 power forward in high school 31 gp 53 goals 42 assists

4-Kirill Kabanov 6'3 176 moncton 22gp 10g 13 assists

5-Emerson Etem but he will probaly leave in the first 15 too ...

WHAT IS YOUR PREDICTION ???

3-

Edited by djdan

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=62943..... theres the link for anyone interested in reading the latest mocks at NHL.

The wings draft on pure skill a lot of the time and this time last year scouts were saying Macfarland might be going up in the top 5 with Hall and Seguin. Most of these drafts have Macfarland going right around when the wings pick and I would be extremely happy if the wings could pick him up. If he gets his act together he could be the steal of this draft along with kabanov. He has some edge to his game as well which would be nice to get in here. Potential number one center in the future.

Trading up a couple spots for someone like Mcilrath would be nice but I don't see Kenny doing it so I doubt we can get him. Watson would b e a sweet pick up as well but he might be going just a bit before the wings pick so we'll see. I also like the idea of Howden, a big, physical goal scorer.

I really hope we don't go Russian in the first round, call me a euro hater whatever, I would much rather have people that won't have the risk of fleeing to the KHL.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=62943..... theres the link for anyone interested in reading the latest mocks at NHL.

The wings draft on pure skill a lot of the time and this time last year scouts were saying Macfarland might be going up in the top 5 with Hall and Seguin. Most of these drafts have Macfarland going right around when the wings pick and I would be extremely happy if the wings could pick him up. If he gets his act together he could be the steal of this draft along with kabanov. He has some edge to his game as well which would be nice to get in here. Potential number one center in the future.

Trading up a couple spots for someone like Mcilrath would be nice but I don't see Kenny doing it so I doubt we can get him. Watson would b e a sweet pick up as well but he might be going just a bit before the wings pick so we'll see. I also like the idea of Howden, a big, physical goal scorer.

I really hope we don't go Russian in the first round, call me a euro hater whatever, I would much rather have people that won't have the risk of fleeing to the KHL.

That is a legitimate concern yes.

My only personal opinion on the draft is that the Wings take a player that they can fast-track (relatively speaking) to the NHL. I get bored waiting for these prospects to mature.

Edited by rick zombo

That is a legitimate concern yes.

My only personal opinion on the draft is that the Wings take a player that they can fast-track (relatively speaking) to the NHL. I get bored waiting for these prospects to mature.

I think you getting bored is definitely the first thing Kenny thinks before drafting a player.

I think you getting bored is definitely the first thing Kenny thinks before drafting a player.

He's just saying what he wants teh wings to do this draft. No reason to get snappy.

And seeing Finnish wing reply reminded me that I don't want that Pulkinen or whatever his name is either. 5'11 European, no thanks.

pulkkinen would be great in my opinion. He was great at the under 18's this year.

:thumbup:

Thats the thing, he performed well at the u18's so he seems great. He's like the 17th ranked European skater so I would not be happy with that when there is 17 Europeans ranked higher and only about 3 will be off of the board by then probably.

Macfarland is compared to Brendan Morrow, if he's half the warrior Morrow is then he's worth our pick.

IF...for whatever insane reason, we were to trade down (to get an added pick in a later round or something) I would want to see the Wings grab Kabanov. If we managed to trade up, which I doubt, I would want Brandon Gormley. Call me a homer, but I wanna see a Moncton boy playing in the Red and White. :)

IF...for whatever insane reason, we were to trade down (to get an added pick in a later round or something) I would want to see the Wings grab Kabanov. If we managed to trade up, which I doubt, I would want Brandon Gormley. Call me a homer, but I wanna see a Moncton boy playing in the Red and White. :)

I would not get your hopes up for Gormley my friend. We would have to trade into the top 5 to get him and if we were to trade up that far I would just trade high enough to get Gudbranson.

I would not get your hopes up for Gormley my friend. We would have to trade into the top 5 to get him and if we were to trade up that far I would just trade high enough to get Gudbranson.

Yeah, I know that one's more a pipe dream than anything. Fun to dream though. :D

My wish list: (based both on how much I want the Red Wings to draft them and the chance they'll still be around at the 21st pick)

1. Jon Merrill

2. Mark Pysyk

3. Nick Bjugstad

4. Derek Forbort

5. Kirill Kabanov

6. Jack Campbell

7. Alexander Burmistrov

8. Austin Watson

9. Dylan McIlrath

10. Emerson Etem

11. Jeff Skinner

12. John McFarland

13. Evgeni Kuznetsov

14. Calle Jarnkrok

15. Ludwig Rensfeldt

Edited by grsbmd

My wish list: (based both on how much I want the Red Wings to draft them and the chance they'll still be around at the 21st pick)

1. Jon Merrill

2. Mark Pysyk

3. Nick Bjugstad

4. Derek Forbort

5. Kirill Kabanov

6. Jack Campbell

7. Alexander Burmistrov

8. Austin Watson

9. Dylan McIlrath

10. Emerson Etem

11. Jeff Skinner

12. John McFarland

13. Evgeni Kuznetsov

14. Calle Jarnkrok

15. Ludwig Rensfeldt

Not a bad list at all. I doubt even if campbell is around that the wings will draft him, we're fairly stacked at goalie for a while. I tihnk if somehow Etem slips he could be a really slick goal scorer. I still really want Watson as well but right now its looking like Macfarland has a high chance at being around when we pick and he is one of the most skilled guys in the draft.

I mean, if you're getting Brendan Morrow comparisons what isn't there to love about a guy haha

He may have played for Moncton in the Q, but make no mistake... he's an Islander, from Kings County PEI. Therefore, he's not a "Moncton boy" but I agree he'd be a great pick...

Call me a homer, but I wanna see a Moncton an Island boy playing in the Red and White. :)

He may have played for Moncton in the Q, but make no mistake... he's an Islander, from Kings County PEI. Therefore, he's not a "Moncton boy" but I agree he'd be a great pick...

Call me a homer, but I wanna see a Moncton an Island boy playing in the Red and White. :)

Hehe, I meant no offense, I strictly used Moncton in the actual team sense. :D

A fellow Islander.

A fellow Islander.

Yup Mill River area here. I think the maritime members of LGW should have a conference sometime... maybe get some scouting, draft plans, trades etc. done for Kenny and the boys. LOL

Edited by mackel

So today on the chat with Jim Nill I submitted a question.

my comment: Mr. Nill, I would like to know your opinion on a couple of players. If you spoke with Kabanov at the combine how did he come off to you, do you feel he will slide as far as they are projecting? Also what do you think his skill level is because even if he has some character issues, I recall a member of the wings org saying "You can't teach talent, everything else can be worked on."

his response: Yes, we have interviewed Kiril. He is a very skilled player and you are definitely correct in that you can't teach talent. It will be interesting to see where he falls in draft. He is on our radar screen.

"It will be interesting to see where he falls in draft." I hope they see the talent he has and think they can change him so they send out smokescreens up to the draft and maybe trade up in the second rd to get him.

From TSN :

One of the NHL's most intriguing debates finally comes to an end next Friday as Edmonton Oilers general manager Steve Tambellini selects Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin first overall at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, live and in prime-time on TSN. Coverage begins on Friday, June 25 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN and continues through to the end of the First Round.

TSN's live coverage of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft is also being simulcast on VERSUS in the U.S., and is available live and on-demand at TSN.ca. Fans can follow the Draft on TSN Mobile, and get live streaming coverage of the First Round on TSN's app for iPhone.

I DON'T CARE HOW KENNY DOESN IT BUT KABANOV IS GUNNA BE A STAR, GET HIM ON BOARD. ALSO NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE OTHER MICHIGAN LAD I PAIRED WITH WATSON, Jared Knight OF THE LONDON KNIGHTS. COULD BE

A GOOD SOLID 3RD LINE PLAYER DOWN THE LINE.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Brock Nelson?? The guy sounds like an enforcer through and through.

Agreed. Now if he looked like this...

BrockSamson.jpg

...even better. You just know that Brock Samson would have been the greatest enforcer ever & he already has the hockey hair for the role.

Edited by ogreslayer