#1 djdan

djdan

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

this is our choice on the mock draft III on nhl
nick bjugstad,temmu pulkkinen,vladimir tarasenko

my favorite choice :
1-Jarred Tinordi 6'6 205 solide defense captain usa-18 56gp 5 goals 8 assists 95 penalty minutes

2-Dylan Mcllrath 6'4 212 another solid defense 65 gp 7 goals 17 assists 169 penalty minutes ,but he will probably leave within the first 15...

3-Brock Nelson 6'3 205 power forward in high school 31 gp 53 goals 42 assists

4-Kirill Kabanov 6'3 176 moncton 22gp 10g 13 assists

5-Emerson Etem but he will probaly leave in the first 15 too ...

WHAT IS YOUR PREDICTION ???

3-

Edited by djdan, 14 June 2010 - 05:27 PM.

#2 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=62943..... theres the link for anyone interested in reading the latest mocks at NHL.

The wings draft on pure skill a lot of the time and this time last year scouts were saying Macfarland might be going up in the top 5 with Hall and Seguin. Most of these drafts have Macfarland going right around when the wings pick and I would be extremely happy if the wings could pick him up. If he gets his act together he could be the steal of this draft along with kabanov. He has some edge to his game as well which would be nice to get in here. Potential number one center in the future.

Trading up a couple spots for someone like Mcilrath would be nice but I don't see Kenny doing it so I doubt we can get him. Watson would b e a sweet pick up as well but he might be going just a bit before the wings pick so we'll see. I also like the idea of Howden, a big, physical goal scorer.

I really hope we don't go Russian in the first round, call me a euro hater whatever, I would much rather have people that won't have the risk of fleeing to the KHL.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#3 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=62943..... theres the link for anyone interested in reading the latest mocks at NHL.

The wings draft on pure skill a lot of the time and this time last year scouts were saying Macfarland might be going up in the top 5 with Hall and Seguin. Most of these drafts have Macfarland going right around when the wings pick and I would be extremely happy if the wings could pick him up. If he gets his act together he could be the steal of this draft along with kabanov. He has some edge to his game as well which would be nice to get in here. Potential number one center in the future.

Trading up a couple spots for someone like Mcilrath would be nice but I don't see Kenny doing it so I doubt we can get him. Watson would b e a sweet pick up as well but he might be going just a bit before the wings pick so we'll see. I also like the idea of Howden, a big, physical goal scorer.

I really hope we don't go Russian in the first round, call me a euro hater whatever, I would much rather have people that won't have the risk of fleeing to the KHL.

That is a legitimate concern yes.

My only personal opinion on the draft is that the Wings take a player that they can fast-track (relatively speaking) to the NHL. I get bored waiting for these prospects to mature.

Edited by rick zombo, 14 June 2010 - 06:20 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#4 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

That is a legitimate concern yes.

My only personal opinion on the draft is that the Wings take a player that they can fast-track (relatively speaking) to the NHL. I get bored waiting for these prospects to mature.

I think you getting bored is definitely the first thing Kenny thinks before drafting a player.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#5 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

I think you getting bored is definitely the first thing Kenny thinks before drafting a player.

He's just saying what he wants teh wings to do this draft. No reason to get snappy.

And seeing Finnish wing reply reminded me that I don't want that Pulkinen or whatever his name is either. 5'11 European, no thanks.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#6 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

pulkkinen would be great in my opinion. He was great at the under 18's this year.

:thumbup:
be about it!

#7 TX Wing

TX Wing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Trade up and get Nino, get'er done Kenny!

#8 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

pulkkinen would be great in my opinion. He was great at the under 18's this year.

:thumbup:

Thats the thing, he performed well at the u18's so he seems great. He's like the 17th ranked European skater so I would not be happy with that when there is 17 Europeans ranked higher and only about 3 will be off of the board by then probably.

Macfarland is compared to Brendan Morrow, if he's half the warrior Morrow is then he's worth our pick.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#9 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

IF...for whatever insane reason, we were to trade down (to get an added pick in a later round or something) I would want to see the Wings grab Kabanov. If we managed to trade up, which I doubt, I would want Brandon Gormley. Call me a homer, but I wanna see a Moncton boy playing in the Red and White. :)

#10 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

IF...for whatever insane reason, we were to trade down (to get an added pick in a later round or something) I would want to see the Wings grab Kabanov. If we managed to trade up, which I doubt, I would want Brandon Gormley. Call me a homer, but I wanna see a Moncton boy playing in the Red and White. :)

I would not get your hopes up for Gormley my friend. We would have to trade into the top 5 to get him and if we were to trade up that far I would just trade high enough to get Gudbranson.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#11 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

I would not get your hopes up for Gormley my friend. We would have to trade into the top 5 to get him and if we were to trade up that far I would just trade high enough to get Gudbranson.

Yeah, I know that one's more a pipe dream than anything. Fun to dream though. :D

#12 grsbmd

grsbmd

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

My wish list: (based both on how much I want the Red Wings to draft them and the chance they'll still be around at the 21st pick)

1. Jon Merrill
2. Mark Pysyk
3. Nick Bjugstad
4. Derek Forbort
5. Kirill Kabanov
6. Jack Campbell
7. Alexander Burmistrov
8. Austin Watson
9. Dylan McIlrath
10. Emerson Etem
11. Jeff Skinner
12. John McFarland
13. Evgeni Kuznetsov
14. Calle Jarnkrok
15. Ludwig Rensfeldt

Edited by grsbmd, 14 June 2010 - 08:50 PM.

Stanley Cup to Detroit (e5)

#13 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:01 PM

My wish list: (based both on how much I want the Red Wings to draft them and the chance they'll still be around at the 21st pick)

1. Jon Merrill
2. Mark Pysyk
3. Nick Bjugstad
4. Derek Forbort
5. Kirill Kabanov
6. Jack Campbell
7. Alexander Burmistrov
8. Austin Watson
9. Dylan McIlrath
10. Emerson Etem
11. Jeff Skinner
12. John McFarland
13. Evgeni Kuznetsov
14. Calle Jarnkrok
15. Ludwig Rensfeldt

Not a bad list at all. I doubt even if campbell is around that the wings will draft him, we're fairly stacked at goalie for a while. I tihnk if somehow Etem slips he could be a really slick goal scorer. I still really want Watson as well but right now its looking like Macfarland has a high chance at being around when we pick and he is one of the most skilled guys in the draft.

I mean, if you're getting Brendan Morrow comparisons what isn't there to love about a guy haha

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#14 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

He may have played for Moncton in the Q, but make no mistake... he's an Islander, from Kings County PEI. Therefore, he's not a "Moncton boy" but I agree he'd be a great pick...

Call me a homer, but I wanna see a Moncton an Island boy playing in the Red and White. :)

#15 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

He may have played for Moncton in the Q, but make no mistake... he's an Islander, from Kings County PEI. Therefore, he's not a "Moncton boy" but I agree he'd be a great pick...

Call me a homer, but I wanna see a Moncton an Island boy playing in the Red and White. :)

Hehe, I meant no offense, I strictly used Moncton in the actual team sense. :D

#16 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

Im realllllyyyy hoping Jeff Skinner slips late to us hopefully ppl will pass on him because hes not the biggest kid

#17 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:34 PM

A fellow Islander.

#18 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

A fellow Islander.

Yup Mill River area here. I think the maritime members of LGW should have a conference sometime... maybe get some scouting, draft plans, trades etc. done for Kenny and the boys. LOL

Edited by mackel, 14 June 2010 - 11:50 PM.

#19 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:49 AM

Yup Mill River area here. I think the maritime members of LGW should have a conference sometime... maybe get some scouting, draft plans, trades etc. done for Kenny and the boys. LOL

As long as Kenny pays the bill :lol:

#20 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:52 AM

Brock Nelson?? The guy sounds like an enforcer through and through.