• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

djdan

2010 NHL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Weren't you supposed to go sleeping?

:lol:

Ya, but just wanted to read others take on Sheahan. Not that it matters, but I am cool with this pick, so we dont get the big bashing d-man, hell we never really had one adn we have won a Cup or two or four without him, so I will get behind Holland and lets see what come in the next rounds! Thanks for reminding me about bed, 4 o'clock comes quick!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

So then... where the hell is Emmerton supposed to play? He is not a top six guy, and not a fourth liner... So is this a admission that Corey is a bust?

We need more playmakers now. As it stands, unless we pull another late round pick out of our asses, then when Pavel and Hank retire, we are going to have an old Johan (maybe) Fillpula, Tatar and possibly Ferraro. That doesn't even sound like playoff cailber.

Edit: Nyquist as well.

From your sig...

"Sarcasim is very hard to transmit over the internet."

Despite the bad spelling, this may be true. Unfortunately for you however, idiocy isn't.

Get off your high horse dude. People are allowed to dislike a pick.

It's called give it a chance. Even Nill said that after the first 15 go, it's tough to find top-end talent, so we do the best we can.

Tired of all the bickering and people AUTOMATICALLY assuming that this is just another Abdelkader without even seeing the kid play or giving him one chance.

So then... where the hell is Emmerton supposed to play? He is not a top six guy, and not a fourth liner... So is this a admission that Corey is a bust?

We need more playmakers now. As it stands, unless we pull another late round pick out of our asses, then when Pavel and Hank retire, we are going to have an old Johan (maybe) Fillpula, Tatar and possibly Ferraro. That doesn't even sound like playoff cailber.

Edit: Mursak as well...

;)

Tired of all the bickering and people AUTOMATICALLY assuming that this is just another Abdelkader without even seeing the kid play or giving him one chance.

Yeah, and a little confusing. In every draft thread recently, in response to calls for a physical D-man, many have said, "the Wings draft for skill! They'll get the best skill available, regardless of position!" Well, now we have it. Time for the coaching to take over, and see where it goes.

You can never have too many prospects. Besides, Emmerton was a 2nd rounder. Statistically only a 25% chance of ever making the NHL in the first place.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

i want kabanov soooo bad

I know your pain. If the kid gets his s*** together 40 goal scorer in the league.

You just got decent size with that pick, he's 18 and 6'2" 200lbs right now. As far as offensive minded players in our system - do a little research: Tatar, Nyquist, Ferraro, Emmerton (has the ability, just needs to take it up a level), Nestrasil, and Pare (has the ability). All these players have the ability to be top 6 forwards and also be sound defensively.

Sure we don't have any 6'4" behemoths in our system right now, but skimming our prospects, we have plenty of guys who are 6' to 6'3" who will make an impact.

Stop trying to be experts because next to Holland and co. you don't know s***.

Pretty laughable.... when are these guys supposed to play exactly?? I know exactly what's in the system and, to tell you the truth, I'm worried about it. What's wrong with wanting someone who may be an impact player in a few years rather than taking a flyer on another project?

You just got decent size with that pick, he's 18 and 6'2" 200lbs right now. As far as offensive minded players in our system - do a little research: Tatar, Nyquist, Ferraro, Emmerton (has the ability, just needs to take it up a level), Nestrasil, and Pare (has the ability). All these players have the ability to be top 6 forwards and also be sound defensively.

Sure we don't have any 6'4" behemoths in our system right now, but skimming our prospects, we have plenty of guys who are 6' to 6'3" who will make an impact.

Stop trying to be experts because next to Holland and co. you don't know s***.

One, you are in agreement with me. I didn't complain about the size.

Two, Tatar might be a top line guy, should at least be a top six guy at worst. Ferraro Might be a second Center, but that is not a given.

Nyquist strikes me as an excellent winger and should be on that second line.

Emmerton is not a top six guy, he was supposed to be a third line guy and I don't see him on that either with the way our team is chalk full of players that fit in that spot. This kid we just drafted could be the same type of player as Emmerton. It feels like we just gave up on him with this pick. I know he hasn't impressed me in GR.

Nestrasil, and Pare may not even make the NHL, that is far from a given. I like our farm system right now, but when you get a really RARE 19th pick we need to hit one out of the park. I am thinking someone like Mike Richards who was 21st pick I believe.

I still don't like the idea of getting a role player with a first round pick. I bet that this was their forth choice, so you can't fault them for the picks being gone before they get to them.

As for the Dman we passed on that was a mean mother that Montreal picked, I am not worried a bit about our D corp. We have a bunch of quailty guys in our system. Forward was a bigger need. I just hope this guy is in Jordan Staal's league. Then we can play him on either 2nd or 3rd and get at least 20 goals out of him.

I am in the middle, I am not going to give Holland a tounge lashing, but I am not going overlook the fact that we have needs. I thought him a god until he decided to resign Bertuzzi the third time.

Pretty laughable.... when are these guys supposed to play exactly?? I know exactly what's in the system and, to tell you the truth, I'm worried about it. What's wrong with wanting someone who may be an impact player in a few years rather than taking a flyer on another project?

Sheahan can be an impact player in a few years.

You can never have too many prospects. Besides, Emmerton was a 2nd rounder. Statistically only a 25% chance of ever making the NHL in the first place.

We traded that first pick down for Emmerton, so he was our first pick and very early in the second round, and by that he should make the team at least. I just am going to be surprised if he used a second for a fourth line guy... I might see him traded at the deadline if there was anyway for us to aquire something of value. I doubt that because of our crappy cap.

FAVORITES

NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs

NHL Player: Rick Nash

Goal celebration: “As little as possible is the best celebration”

Book: Yzerman: The Making of A Champion by Douglas Hunter

1. vomits

2. vomits

3. ******* awesome.

4. EXTREMELY ******* awesome.

He tied for the freshman lead in scoring at Notre Dame this past season, with a 6-11-17 line. He plays a strong two-way game and doesn't take many lazy penalties. Look for him to have a 30 pt. sophomore season and surprise us in the near future.

In Kenny we trust. ;)

Edited by F2B&G

Howden was another guy I liked. Similar to Sheahan, makes me wish even more we had traded down. Oh well.

Interesting to see how far Kabanov will fall. McFarland too, he's another kid that supposedly has a ton of talent. I wonder what it would take to get an early 2nd rounder.

It's called give it a chance. Even Nill said that after the first 15 go, it's tough to find top-end talent, so we do the best we can.

Well I never said he was Abdelkader, but I'm assuming someone else did. I just don't see why they would pass on a bigger d-man (Tinordi or Merrill) and a skilled forward (Etem, Kabanov or Kuznetsov) for Sheahan. Reports I've read, not my opinion, made me think it's not exactly the best pick. Like I said, if I'm wrong I'll eat crow.