• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

djdan

2010 NHL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I swear the Caps are idiots, are they ever goingt to address their defensive woes? Should've gone Merrill.

You do realize they have Mike Green right?

:D

Guest mindfly

The sheahan boy didnt even look happy when detroit picked him...freakin leafs fan :hehe:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

The sheahan boy didnt even look happy when detroit picked him...freakin leafs fan :hehe:

You do realize that being picked for the Wing's means waiting on average at least an extra few years to be in the NHL compared to most other franchises, right?

Kid wants his paycheck

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest mindfly

You do realize that being picked for the Wing's means waiting on average at least an extra few years to be in the NHL compared to most other franchises, right?

He's still a NCAA player and they will take long time, their own choice...

Looking at these other players that are being taken off the board is making me feel better about this pick.

Etem/Merill/Kabanov might drop out of the first round anyways.

I like the Sheahan pick though, he's a big player that is smart, that's always a good combo.

McFarland, Toffoli, Pitlick, Galiev, Weal, and Kabanov all seem to have some decent potential, and I've read good things about Pulkkinen. For defensemen, Merrill, Petrovic, Johns, Alt, Beukeboom, and Biega look good. Don't know about any of the Euro defensemen, but I assume some of them have to be good.

A defensive minded forward that sometimes plays "like a 3rd defenseman". "One game I saw him cross the blueline, and just stop," a scout said. "He has probably dropped because of his lack of production, but he's learning to play away from the puck," another scout said. "He's a long-term prospect for a team who rarely skip any steps in development."

Im not real thrilled with this pick. I guess Kenny and Nill know best, so lets hope they made the best choice.

Sheahan didn't have great numbers last year, but that's not to say he doesn't have offensive potential. He was one of the youngest players in all of college hockey and played in a defensively oriented system. I trust Nill, and he seems to like the kid a lot.

Jim Nill:

I don’t like to make comparisons with young players. It’s not really fair to them. But he does remind me of Johan Franzen. He’s got a big, thick body. He’s been a big scorer. That’s what we project him to be.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/06/red_wings_pick_riley_sheahan_2.html

Edit: Apparently the youngest player in college hockey.

Edited by Zetts

Guest Heaten

He's a safe pick. He could become a joe pavelski or a dan cleary. But he should certainly turn into, at teh very least, a solid 3rd liner. Skys the limit with this kid. It all boils down to 'how bad he wants it'.

Edited by Heaten